SPT Exhaust in Fairfax County
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SPT Exhaust in Fairfax County within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, I was reading that all car exhausts have to be factory in Fairfax County, VA. I want an ...

SPT Exhaust in Fairfax County

Hey guys, I was reading that all car exhausts have to be factory in Fairfax County, VA. I want an SPT catback but IDK if that counts as factory. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    SPT is sold by Subaru,so it is OEM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

as long as its not outstandingly loud I'm sure you can get away with an aftermarket exhaust. SPT though, since it IS a subaru part should be fine.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be fine I have the SPT catback on my 05 WRX, and I haven't had any problems it's not to loud.
    It does have a very nice low tune. Also it's back by Subaru.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    You should be fine I have the SPT catback on my 05 WRX, and I haven't had any problems it's not to loud.
    It does have a very nice low tune. Also it's back by Subaru.

This is exactly right. I have an Invidia Q300 system coming in the mail for my 11 WRX and I asked a few cop friends of mine in Fairfax and they said as long as it doesn't sound like a Civic with a fart can you will be fine. Have fun with that build!
    Boost. It does a body good.

2011 WRB Premium WRX Stage 1 - Cobb AP - Cobb SRI - GrimmSpeed MCB - SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod with Prosport Halo Boost and Oil Pressure gauges - Cusco F/R STB - JVC Navi Head Unit - Whiteline 24mm FSB/22mm RSB - Kartboy Endlinks - Kartboy STS + Bushings - 35% tint

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    SPT is sold by Subaru,so it is OEM.
    With the label "for off-road use only".

Chances are you will get pulled over for it. Whether or not a sales reciept from Subaru will hold up in court, depends on how much of a **** the judge is.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsaknFrntman View Post
    This is exactly right. I have an Invidia Q300 system coming in the mail for my 11 WRX and I asked a few cop friends of mine in Fairfax and they said as long as it doesn't sound like a Civic with a fart can you will be fine. Have fun with that build!
    That's a lie. I've been pulled over for subtle exhaust even with out of state plates.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    With the label "for off-road use only".
    Chances are you will get pulled over for it. Whether or not a sales reciept from Subaru will hold up in court, depends on how much of a **** the judge is.
    I doubt a Subaru sales receipt would do much unless the car came with it from the factory and you have the original window sticker. Also, the paperwork for an SPT exhaust clearly says the exhaust may not meet state and local requirements.

If it was my car and I lived in VA, I wouldn't touch it with how they are focused on raising revenue by uber strict enforcement of equipment violations. Even if you get out of the ticket you'll have court costs to pay. That is why when I go to VA I usually take my wife's Yari, not my WRX.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    In Loudon they don't give a crap. But considering everything is in Fairfax or you have to go thru Fairfax to get there....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.