Owners in Virginia beach - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Owners in Virginia beach within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Lolcanoe LIS > Code of Virginia I heard about you guys at work today. It's sucks that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolcanoe View Post
    LIS > Code of Virginia

I heard about you guys at work today. It's sucks that happened to you guys. It sounded like you were detained WAY too long. Hope it works out for the better.

What code did he say you were violating?
    reckless for speed. 20+ over. I'll have to look at the citation to tell you which exact code.

Lance I'll keep you guys posted. A rd charge in VA is no effin joke.. given that its considered a criminal charge even though its handled in traffic court.

I can tell you this much, the officer blatantly blew this one out of the water

46.2-854. Passing on or at the crest of a grade or on a curve.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who, while driving a vehicle, overtakes and passes another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, on or approaching the crest of a grade or on or approaching a curve in the highway, where the driver's view along the highway is obstructed, except where the overtaking vehicle is being operated on a highway having two or more designated lanes of roadway for each direction of travel or on a designated one-way roadway or highway.
    guilty as sin.

This is what he charged us with

46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
    hehehehe.. this one is funny

46.2-800.1. Riding animals on highways after sunset.

A. No person riding upon any animal on a highway between sunset and sunrise shall ride the animal on the roadway unless the rider:

1. Wears a hat made of or coated with reflectorized material; or

2. Wears upper body clothing made of or coated with reflectorized material visible from 360 degrees; or

3. Displays at least 100 square inches of solid reflectorized material at shoulder level visible from 360 degrees; or

4. Carries a light visible in clear weather from a distance of 500 feet.

B. The requirements of subsection A of this section shall only apply to the riders of the first and last animals in a group riding one behind the other.

C. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
    so eh.. leave your animals at home after dark kids bwwahahahaha
    Last edited by mangostick; 08-23-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not in VA Beach, but up in Hampton. Just picked up my WRX yesterday from Norfolk (2006 model) and it's the 2nd one I've had. I'm getting back in the WRX "game" and love it. Might stop out to a few meet ups depending on the work schedule.

Hey thanks Shawn. Welcome back Hinshawwrx, glad you want to play the "game" some more.

Oh hai

Anyone around here trying to have a meet soon?

There is a meet every Saturday over at the old HQ parking lot in VA Beach, across from town center. There won't be one this week since its a holiday and most people will be out of town or with their families. In going to schedule and early one on the following Saturday. We normally go to dinner somewhere as part of the meet but that's on hold until the holiday passes.

Count me in!

Two up Two down.... VA.. U know what it is
    New wrx owner from chesapeake

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234