Please Help!

This is a discussion on Please Help! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I think I made a huge mistake. I bought an '04 wrx for 8g with 75k on it. Yeah that ...

Please Help!

I think I made a huge mistake. I bought an '04 wrx for 8g with 75k on it. Yeah that sounds ok, but I should have researched a bit more, but was sort of pushed into getting a newer car by my fiance b/c I am driving a beater that she doesn't like. I am a vw guy. So I'm not afraid to work on my cars. The car I bought has a different turbo, downpipe, exhaust, and probably a couple of other things. I think the P.O. put the turbo from an STI on it, but then ran out of money when it came to do the fueling. It runs strong, but it does have a check engine light on which scares the poop out of me now that I have done some research. He gave me yellowtop injectors and was suppossed to give me a walboro fuel pump with the car. I think that if I get this done and a tune I should be safe. He did mention a piggyback being installed also. After doing some reading I think I will most likely have to put a fair amount of money into it for it to be a safe and reliable car. I am near Wheeling, WV and would appreciate any help that you have to offer. I'm going to start collecting pictures and part numbers of everything on the car so I can be fully aware of what I have got myself into. Any other advice would be awesome. Sorry for being another ignorant noob and long . Thanks for any helpful advice. If I stay out of boost will I be ok to run the car to a tuner or my garage?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Find out which piggyback, find out which CEL, and go from there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesnides
    If I stay out of boost will I be ok to run the car to a tuner or my garage?
    Run a vacuum line from your wastegate to the compressor; that will limit you to wastegate pressure.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ok upon further investigations I have found the following:

I have
    turboxs utec
    turboxs manual boost controller
    aftermarket turbo-back exhaust
    stock uppipes
    stock turbo
    blue top injectors
    a front mount intercooler
    hks ssqv bov
    k&n filter

I'm going to read up on the utec and see if its possible to read codes with it or if I would need to go get it scanned. Anyone around Wheeling/Pittsburgh have any knowledge on tuning the utec?