Hey guys, looking to buy a 2011 WRX limited... had a few questions.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey guys, looking to buy a 2011 WRX limited... had a few questions. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I currently own an 08 Evo X with 382 whp and 352 wtq. Sounds good I know, but i'm 32 ...

Hey guys, looking to buy a 2011 WRX limited... had a few questions.

I currently own an 08 Evo X with 382 whp and 352 wtq. Sounds good I know, but i'm 32 now and i'm sort of getting tired of turning wrenches on the car all the time and of course the more you do to a car, the more problems you will have. I don't launch my cars and really don't drive them that hard. I'm basically looking for something that is fast if I need it to be or just because I want to have the occasional fun run.

Sooooo, after bouncing around and looking at different cars I decided the WRX may be my best bet. It's quick, it's lighter than the X by a bit over 300 lbs. The skidpad is off by quite a bit, but perhaps I could do some sway bars or something and add a little bit there? The only things I am considering for the car would be a CAI and a downpipe or MAYBE TBE with an AP or custom tune, after that.. that is it! Should be good enough for maybe a high 12 run or so I would think? Doesn't matter, the car will never go to the track anyway.

What do you guys think? A good choice for someone looking to have some fun and not break the bank doing it?

My questions are, how do you feel about the ride comfort for the limited WRX? What sort of mileage do you see on the highway? (Keep in mind I drive about 60 because there are cops everywhere and the speed limit is still 55 here). I am trying to decide between the blue, the while or the black... any ideas about the colors in person?

Lastly, i'm in Md, but don't care where I go to get the best price on the car... I bought my X in Chicago for instance... so distance doesn't matter. I'd like to get the car OTD for invoice. I know it's possible in this economy... maybe better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My opinion would be to leave the car stock if you are getting sick of messing around with your cars. For the simple fact it's a brand new car with a 5yr/60k warranty and plenty fast enough for a daily driver while having some fun when needed. I never drove a limited but I find my base a comfortable car. As for mpg, I average 23 around town and 26 on the highway (manually calculating it). As for a color choice, I would stay away from darker colors now that I know the paint isn't so great on these cars. If I had to do it over it would be close between white and silver. I never liked white on pretty much any car but after seeing the satin pearl white in person with the gun metal rims and tinted windows I really liked it. Good luck with your choice.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

well I had considered multiple cars already... a new Evo MR, a Nismo 370z, 335d, MS3, and of course the WRX. I wanted the limited because it comes with the things I might want to add later, but the premium is a model I would consider.

It's very difficult to get away from having another AWD, once you've had 2 already though.

By the way, how fast do you drive on the highway?

I've only done 2 purely highway trips in my car so far and never went over 60mph because of construction and the speed limit was only 55.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you get it yet?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

it's actually a comforable ride. Consumer reports says the same thing. the new bushings subaru put in make it the most comfortable out of the competition. gas mileage is always mixed types of driving so i get 22-23 combined. but i do do some lunches and play around.

To be honest the rimms are graphite gray, so if you get the black, there is no contrast on the car. I wouldn't buy a white car. the silver looks ok. the dark gray not that great. I've never liked the blue. So i bought the red, and i think its by far the best color. you get a lot of attention w/ red. the debut auto show had it in red too. the paint quality sucks and chips easlily, so if you are on the highway, get ready.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I never quite understand why people ask color questions ... everyone simply has their own sense of what looks good. Look at pictures (go to Tirerack.com - you can pick a make and model, and it will show you wheels on it - and you can select among the available colors to see what they all look like, or just look around this forum). I got the DGM and people rave about it. I also think black looks good, and I am not a fan of white, silver or red. BUT - it is a personal thing, so look at them and make your own call - if you like it you won't be wrong, you'll be in love.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Yup color questions make no sense. White looks like crap on most cars other than a 911 GT3. Blue is too bright in most configurations. Black is the best car color ever.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The wrx will blow your mind amazing car to drive i have the leather sat nav sun roof and very comfy and quick great for long trips fuel wise only filled her up once but seemed ok but what can u expect when you drive a turbo.
    You can get mods done and keep factory warranty im doing it now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.