Help buying a 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help buying a 2011 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am new to the forum and looking to buy a 2011 WRX and thought maybe some people on here ...

Help buying a 2011

I am new to the forum and looking to buy a 2011 WRX and thought maybe some people on here could give me an idea on what I should expect to pay in our area. I have read some of the threads but did not see anything locally. So far I have only visited two dealerships in our area, Farrish Fairfax and Browns Manassas in VA. Farrish had a 5 door limited with nav which was more then I wanted in the car. I was looking for a premium 4 door. I have previously focused my time and research on the 5 door; however, today at Browns I really started to like the 4 door in black. I could not get Manassas to budge on the price much at all though. The MSRP was around 30-31 for a 4 door, black, premium, with nav. The manager only offered me an extra 1000 on my trade in (or a 1000 off the msrp, depending on how you look at it) and 3 years basic maint at their dealership. He claimed their car was the only one from miami to maine, which i took as a lie. I have seen a couple 4 doors in our area and didnt think it was that difficult to find. 5 doors on the other hand have been much harder to get my hands on. I am trying to take advantage of some of their financing deals so ordering one is not in my plans at the moment. I was hoping someone on here recently purchased a 2011 this year and could share with me how much they paid. I just didnt think 1000 off msrp was such a great deal. And basic maint i can do myself and have been doing for many years. Thanks for your help and input!

Also, if any one on this forum has a suggestion as to a dealership or a sales person that they would recommend please let me know. Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I paid 24,995 for the base wrx.I preordered mine and had to wait 3 months.If you are buying off the lot expect to pay more.The car is not so common here on the east coast,so he could be right about it being the only one.Finance deals tend to remain the same,so even if you order ,expect to get the same finance rates by the time the car arrives.From what I hear it is still a 2-3 month wait on pre orders.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

good to know that the financing deals stay bout the same... i have heard that before.... but i also hear it could take a really long time as you said 2-3 months sometimes longer.. but the manager i spoke with made it sound like there was no other premium 4 or 5 door for that mater with nav that i could get.. Which i find totally un true since ive seen it.. I jsut dont think paying close to MSRP is reasonable.. But I am wondering if thats what really all the wrx's in this area go for..

Thumbs down

I checked the entire state of PA and CO and there was not one white premium wrx on a dealers lot as of a week ago. 2011 WRX's are definitely difficult to find. Good Luck. I was told I should have mine by the beginning of Feb.
    Last edited by psuimpreza; 02-04-2011 at 07:15 PM.

if youre using thier online inventory to check if they have the car its possible it may be sold before its posted. I found three wrx's in VA by calling the dealerships and asking what they had when their inventory showed nothing.. apparently their online inventory is managed by subaru and not each dealership.. just fyi.. good luck finding the white wrx premium!

I check the entire state of PA and CO and there was not one white premium wrx on a dealers lot as of a week ago. 2011 WRX's are definitely difficult to find. Good Luck. I was told I should have mine by the beginning of Feb.
    When did you order yours? Just curious b/c thats when I'm expecting mine. I ordered on Dec 13th. I paid 24,305 for a base wry. Because i ordered, I was able to pay invoice on options i ordered. If you can afford to wait, ( I know it's hard) I would do so... you can get the exact car that you desire, and it will be cheaper.

i may close on an offer for a limited for around 30.7k with nav, amp and sub, and media hub, and wheel locks. Its a little over invoice but much better deal then the other dealerships around here who are charging me msrp.

Brown's Manassas gave me an offer and took it back watch um they are snakes.

I went thru USAA sent me to Waldorf got a preimum wrx with short shifter, rear bumper cover and compass mirror,arm rest extender and rear cup holders
    30 grand out the door

.Nav really not worth it the radio sucks big time in the car. already replaced the stock unit with Pioneer 920bt...JL Audio coaxial speaker still needs dynamat in the doors along an 5 channel amp an a subwoofer.

yeah.. i'm definately not a fan of browns manassas... they called me back and were trying to get me to come back to check out the car... but when i asked if they were gonna work on the price they still refused to give me any discount..

i never had a car with nav... and i wasnt planning on getting one either.. but i like having the steering wheel functionality and the media hub... so it'll be worth it for me to have it in this case.. plus for once i'm trying to keep the car stock...

Hopefully I can add some helpful information. I just ordered a 2011 Dark Metallic Grey Base WRX sedan with a few options (fog lights, rear deck spoiler, momo shift knob, wheel locks, and cargo cover). I came to terms with Russel Subaru in Catonsville, MD for 25,900 plus tax, tags. I thought that was a fair price to pay. I know that Russel Subaru has had limited amount of WRX's in stock and it seems when they come in they are sold within a week. They had 3 in stock when I went in the other day. (2 hatch backs and 1 sedan) I dont know if they were sold already or not. They had a real pretty Blue Premium Hatch, but the blue is to vibrant for me. I ordered a Dark Metallic Grey because they are rare and I have had to many silver cars. Most WRX's that I see in the area are White. I want something different. It takes between 6-8 weeks for the car to come in. Its gonna be a long wait.

I ordered a Dark Metallic Grey because they are rare
    DGM is not rare.... it's actually quite popular. Knowing it's popularity i would have chosen the SWP.

I havent seen any Dark Metallic Grey WRX's in the whole Baltimore area even in previous years. All I see around here is the Satin White, which I dislike, Silver, and Blue.......Maybe there popular on the West coast!

hahaha.. that guy at Browns was feeding you the brown alright.. only one from miami to maine.. what an *******. I was at perry subaru in Va beach this morning for a oil change and they have 6 wrx's on the lot right now in various colors/trims. If it wasn't raining like hell I'd have more details (I always like to wander the lot) .. but your guy up there is full of it.

Isn't there a really decent dealer in Annapolis? I keep hearing nothing but good about them.. why not try there?

Find a Subaru Dealer | Subaru Research Tools
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2011 Premium with short shifter and body side moldings - $27,500 (before dealer fees, taxes, registration, etc). I got lucky with mine and they had one on the way in WR Blue. They put the parts on when it arrived at the dealership. I know the car is rare in my neck of the woods. I would've had a much longer wait otherwise.

DMG is not a bad color...however its not that rare....plenty in northern Va...the red and white are more rare... Go to autotrader.com put in up any distance....and choose your poision...happy hunting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast