Need a mechanic in D.C.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need a mechanic in D.C. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm having engine issues (was told it was possibly Manifold related) and the dealership is asking 00 for a problem ...

Need a mechanic in D.C.

I'm having engine issues (was told it was possibly Manifold related) and the dealership is asking $1800 for a problem there not completely sure about. My local mechanic didn't want to touch the job. Anyone know a good/trusted mechanic in the D.C. area?
    Peteopp at gmail dot com
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could try Andrewtech in Gaithersburg. I've taken my car there a couple times--Andrew seems to know his **** and was really nice when I asked all kinds of noob questions about Subarus. Also, the guys he has working on the cars are meticulous about doing quality work.

Check out Mach V performance in Mannassas, VA, they are really good and the prices are fair.
    2010 WRX Premium
    Cusco Front strut tower brace
    Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    K&N drop in Air Filter
    MOMO shift knob
    Still new so I've got a way to go!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade3 View Post
    Check out Mach V performance in Mannassas, VA, they are really good and the prices are fair.
    They are not in Manassas and I don't recommend taking your car there. Andrewtech is the best local shop in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    They are not in Manassas and I don't recommend taking your car there. Andrewtech is the best local shop in my experience.
    Appreciate it. I'm out of Alrington VA so the drive isn't too bad , but closer would be ideal.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shouse94 View Post
    Appreciate it. I'm out of Alrington VA so the drive isn't too bad , but closer would be ideal.
    If it means anything, I live 5 minutes from Mach V and still drive almost an hour out to Andrewtech.

What is exactly is the issue you're having?

My bad, maybe it's Sterling, it's right off of 28. I live in Herndon so I get the county lines mixed.
    I've never had a bad experience with Mach V and they are close to where I live so I use them.
    Have you had a bad experience with them? If so, please share as I'd like to know what to look for as I'm a rather new Subi owner.
    Last edited by Renegade3; 09-27-2010 at 11:10 AM.
    2010 WRX Premium
    Cusco Front strut tower brace
    Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    K&N drop in Air Filter
    MOMO shift knob
    Still new so I've got a way to go!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade3 View Post
    My bad, maybe it's Sterling, it's right off of 28. I live in Herndon so I get the county lines mixed.
    I've never had a bad experience with Mach V and they are close to where I live so I use them.
    Have you had a bad experience with them? If so, please share as I'd like to know what to look for as I'm a rather new Subi owner.
    I had a broken radiator and they fixed the problem. When the coolant system had to be drained for a water pump install what was found in my radiator was a brown coolant that had coagulated and formed white chunks. When I called to ask them why they poured Dexcool (orange coolant) into my radiator that was 1/3 full of Subaru Super Long Life (blue coolant), not only did they deny that they used Dexcool (which is why my coolant was brown and had glops of stuff in it) but they told me that they exclusively use Subaru Long Life (green) and tap water.....

So not only did they lie about what they put in my car, but they still told me they would have used the wrong kind of coolant and then used tap water (which can cause mineral deposits that clog the coolant system) on top of that.
    Last edited by brfatal; 09-27-2010 at 11:48 AM.

That sucks, but that's one of the VERY FEW bad things I've heard about Mach V. Personally, I trust Dan and co. with both of my cars. He did my full turbo build, has troubleshot issues, and is an all-around nice guy.
    I'd at least recommend calling Dan if you are in the area and talking to him on the phone, make your decision off that. he's a brilliant man and runs a highly-respected operation. Don't count it out just because of one issue someone had. Not discounting brfatal's comments, just have had a lot of luck with them, and like the all around atmosphere and everyone I've met working there...
    2008 WRB WRX: Blouch 18G-XT, Perrin FMIC, Perrin Turbo Inlet, DW 750cc injectors, Invidia catless downpipe, Perrin Catback, TurboXS CAI, Mach V SS brakelines, Hawk HPS Brake pads, ATE Superblue, NGK one-step colder sparkplugs, Mach V 3-port BCS, Prosport boost gauge and wideband A/F gauge, STi fuel pump, WL Steering Rack bushings, Perrin 25mmFSB/22mm adjustable RSB, Kartboy endlinks, TGV deletes, Protune by Dan @ Mach V Motorsports...
    330WHP/342WTQ

andrew yates in gaithersburg aka andrewtech i work in a shop at the next light from his shop hes all about subaru's i mean hes a subaru guru anyways his number is 240 683 1000 give him a call hes a cool dude he'll help you out
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.