anyone near morgantown wv?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone near morgantown wv? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i know there are a couple wrx's rolling around morgantown just wondering if any of them are on here...

anyone near morgantown wv?

i know there are a couple wrx's rolling around morgantown just wondering if any of them are on here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah i go to wvu and see a few around. i have a white bugeye with sti replica wing and gold rota tarmac II's

i go to wvu too best come down grant st for the sick parties this year haha
    bugeye !

pm me if you need custom vinlys.

mhk

Morgantown tire question

new to forum; recently bought a used (8k mi) '10 black hatchback. I've had a blast with it. No tickets yet! Sold my SUV and didn't look back. Even my kids love it.

Anyway, I've done some searching on winter tires vs. all season, and was wondering about your level of satisfaction with what you're running through the winter months.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm leaning toward winter tires (glacier grip is what was recommended at the local tire shop, but I've read they're low end, and the shop's charging me $140/tire)

I live in Grafton but I work in Morgantown so I'm up there all the time. I have a silver 2002 wrx

Hey, New to the boards but I'm from Canada working in Bridgeport and live in Shinnston. My ride is unmoded blue 09 WRX. Am running perrelli winters on 18" steel rims and have had a blast this winter on them. even with the hilly curved roads I've had no problems and am glad I put them on. posted 25 mph corners, no problem at 35 mph. Will start drifting at 40-42 mph, lol. Still loads of fun! Personally, would not cheap out on your winter tires. Would consider studded tires for the road conditions here in WV, but not in Central Canada, studs not effective in the very cold climate.

Cheers for now,

BH

mhk
    I ended up getting glacier grips, which didn't cost me much, but are awesome in the snow. I commute about 15 miles each way and I've been begging for nasty weather (and have been much obliged as of late).

I take back roads instead of the interstate just to test it out. The only time I've felt a loss of control so far this winter was two nights ago when the snow was so deep around the tire lines on the road that it would lift the chassis up, causing a drift to one side or another. Still fun, just had to take some pressure off the gas pedal.

I live at the top of a steep hill, and there were about seven or eight cars parked at the bottom (two of them 4wd) when I got home from work. The roads had been a bit dicey, but Betty ate up that hill no problem. I'm proud of her, and think I might be in love.

I live in Motown use to have a 03 impreza 2.5 rs n just bought a new 2011 wrx about a month ago. I miss the bug eyed look but seems to b to many of them running around morgantown plus I wanted a wrx. I love the power n the look of my new wrx wouldn't trade it for anything good to meet another subie driver n motown.

Hey T-WRX_11,

I would love to see your 11 WRX. Have you done any mods yet? I've done loads of mods on my 09 and holy cows, what a world of difference in driving performance! PM me, as I would like to meet up!

BH

mhk
    Blackhound,

Did you do the mod work yourself? I've been wondering if there are any reputable shops in the area that might install a Cobb AP, downpipe and catted exhaust. Actually, I came across this thread while searching, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

mhk,

I try to do all my own mods. I've just been doing suspension, bushings, bracing, engine mounts up till now! I have not pursued changing ecu or pipes yet. That will be next years project.

I have talked to the boys in Virginia, Fastwrx. They are relatively close to us, I thing about 4 hours drive away. They have been very helpful and have a dyno for the work you are looking for.

Hope the info helps!

BH

I just bought a 2011 WRX sedan, black, from John Howard's in Morgantown and live in Friendsville. I travel back and forth to DC for work also. Anyone know of someone in the Morgantown or western MD area with stock exhaust for a 2011. Mine came with the SPT catbacks and I like the sound outside and the 4 pipes, but its too loud in the cabin.....
    Thanks
    T

im a newb to subies and morgantown... do you guys meet up alot here?

do you guys meet with the people who are always at the kroger on friday nights around 6ish?

So i was floating through forums and came across you all here so i thought i should say hi ! I'm new to the sooobie scene so be gentle. I purchased a 2011 wrx about 6 months ago and love it ... im posting to this specific page bc i saw the guy who had the SPT exhaust and was trying to get rid of it .. might be a stretch but is it still out there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast