Dealership's in MD?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dealership's in MD? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, As I posted in the Purchasing Board - I'm looking for a 2009 WRX. Have any of you ...

Dealership's in MD?

Hey guys,

As I posted in the Purchasing Board - I'm looking for a 2009 WRX. Have any of you guys had any experience with dealerships around the area? I think I called about 10 or so dealers today seeing what they had. Some were nicer then others...but it's pretty hard to tell over the phone.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just bought an 09 from Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills. I have to say, it was the best experience in buying a car that I've ever had (this is the also the 3rd car I've purchased in a year). The salesman Pat is great!! Before I bought an M3 from BMW of Annapolis (sales manager was a huuuge dbag, and I almost walked out). After the M3 I had a Grand Cherokee that I bought from a Jeep dealer (not bad, but not great either). Heritage also had the best price in the area.

As far as the other dealerships in the area before I bought the WRX. I went to Subaru of Annapolis and the salesman was a huuuge jerk. He actually called me by the wrong name after he had my license. Not cool at all. They also have some really beat up "Subaru Certified" used cars there. I test drove a used Legacy GT (still while deciding what kind of car I wanted). Something about a dealer who will certify a used car with 40k miles and a clutch that slips at 4k rpms bothers me. I immediately left as I had a terrible experience/feeling about the dealership.

I also visited the Subaru dealer in Glen Burnie. Sales manager was wearing a gold chain and just looked crooked IMO. He also was daily driving a "NEW" 2009 WRX Hatch and offered it for sale w/ 1200 miles on it. He told me that there wouldn't be any discount vs. one with no miles. Oh and the salesman (I should say saleschild bc he couldnt have been over 19), basically told me that I should leave and get on the internet and print out the best price and that's the only way they lower the prices on their cars. Keep in mind I bought my car a week later!! I was ready to sign that evening and he told me to go home.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

Back when I lived in Elkridge/Columbia/Ellicott City I had very good experiences with Herb Gordon Subaru in Silver Spring, MD.

Before I moved to the area, I called them, and ordered my brand new 2002 WRX over the phone. My salesman was great. He mailed me the order info, and kept me updated on the process.

When my car arrived, it had all of 4 miles on the clock and there was no negotiating the price. I was told since I ordered the car, I would be paying invoice. Especially sweet back in June 2002, because many dealers were marking up the WRX since it just arrived in the USA.

I took my car to Herb Gordon many times for service, and everyone was professional and courteous. I was provided a rental car every time my WRX had to stay over night. I had to have my computer reflashed once, and my radiator replaced on another occasion.

Good luck finding a dealer.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Obviously very subjective but here is my findings.

I'd stay far away from Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills. Long story short they attempted to screw me over, keep a 500.00 dollar deposit since they transfered the wrong car for me, told me that the car I wanted didnt exist (until I showed it to them on Subaru.com) and then got very pissy with me throwing my deposit check at me. All and all not a fan.

Bought my first Subaru, a 2006 WRX, from Herb Gordon in Silver Spring. I was living near PA so it was a hike. But they had the car I wanted in stock..didnt test drive it at all just signed the papers and left with it. Very easy transaction might have spent 40-50 mins total dealing with people. I believe the salesman was named John and was a tall older gentleman. Wouldnt hesitate to go back.

Bought my 2007 STI from Annapolis Subaru. Again a great sales experiance and again I drove over a hour to buy the car. I had a good deal off of Nasioc but the person who used to run their internet sales has since left and their activity over there has faded.

I'd probably deal with Herb Gordon again given the chance. I wouldnt not TOUCH Jones Subaru or Heritage. I'd be willing to give Wilkens Subaru a try.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Another +1 for Herb Gordon. I bought my 09 hatch there in June and was very happy throughout the buying process. Very low pressure sale. My salesman was Jason Withrow, and my finance guy was Eric Lendrum (seemed like a pretty big suby enthusiast, SCCA races an STi).

I did most of my negotiation by e-mailing several dealerships to get quotes, and sending the lowest ones to the closest dealerships to see if they could beat them. Got my car (09 premium hatch) for a fair price. PM me if you want to know specifics.

Once you get your car, make sure you check out 3gwrx.com, the best 08+ specific forum I've found.

-Steve

Thanks for all the info guys - I went to buy an 09 hatch wrx from jones (I know...I really didn't want to but it was the only one around!) but when i pulled up...it was gone. According to some searching I did....closest one (hatch premium) was in PA and NJ. One if PA was grey (really wanted blue or white) and the other (blue) salesman wouldn't budge off MSRP. I called the guy in NJ (white...place called Coleman Auto Group) and he got it down to the price I was looking for. I asked him to provide some incentive for me to drive up there (130 miles) and he came down another 250.

The dude on the phone (Mike - internet dude) was real nice and helpful. When I got there...he got me in touch w/ an actual salesman. Everything went pretty smooth...it did take a little while but maybe that was b/c I asked a ton of questions and financing took like 35 min.

My warranty is good @ any subaru dealership so I will either be taking it to Herb or Annapolis. I have heard that Jones Bel Air is TERRIBLE for service. sucks b/c its like 10 miles from my house.

Thanks for all the help - the wife's sentra has 150k miles on it. Might be looking for an outback in the near future!
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new ride.

After having some bad experiances I am very very reluntant to let anyone dealer exchange a vehicle for me. If you do not have it on the lot I'll drive to the dealership that does have it on the lot.

Sounds like your happy with the new vehicle and the deal you got and that's really what matters.

Im glad you didnt buy from Jones....that dealership needs to DIAF.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

i went to a few dealerships, including gaithesburg, one in manassas, and one on briggs chaney road in silver spring, and rockville, almost every one i went to i got the ohh its a little kid dreaming, im only 20 and i guess the dealers felt like i didnt have money or couldnt get approved or i dont know, but every dealer had aweful customer service. but the one in silver spring, the guy i guess started to change his mind after the test drive and talking to him, ended up being very helpful with everything anda great guy, guys name was jason withrow, wasnt super knowledgeable about any accesories but i guess not everyone can be knowledgeable about everything, but by far the one in suilver spring was the best at Herb Gordon in the autopark

got car at 500 under invoice and they got all the parts i wanted overnighted and i only paid invoice on those items as well,

got the premium for about 26 490
    Last edited by keegur; 12-25-2009 at 06:17 AM.

^Herb Gordon is good from what I heard from friends. I bought mine at 19 from Fitz in Rockville. Worst people ever. My salesperson was new and didn't have any knowledge and even did some paperwork wrong. I didn't care at the time bc I wanted the car asap.

Did you get the warranty package? I regrettably did. It was nice getting free oil changes, until Fitz told me I wasn't allowed to return back to them bc my mods voided the warranty. Lol. I didn't mind though - I only went to them for oil changes because I paid 2k for the damn warranty. This happened right after I threw a fit bc one of the service crew took my car out on the road! That was unacceptable.
    '05 BUILT WRX | Facebook
    "0-60 Faster than your first sexual experience!"

Quote Originally Posted by subysnak View Post
    ^Herb Gordon is good from what I heard from friends. I bought mine at 19 from Fitz in Rockville. Worst people ever. My salesperson was new and didn't have any knowledge and even did some paperwork wrong. I didn't care at the time bc I wanted the car asap.

Did you get the warranty package? I regrettably did. It was nice getting free oil changes, until Fitz told me I wasn't allowed to return back to them bc my mods voided the warranty. Lol. I didn't mind though - I only went to them for oil changes because I paid 2k for the damn warranty. This happened right after I threw a fit bc one of the service crew took my car out on the road! That was unacceptable.
    no i definately did not pay for any extra stuff, its bogus and i have always done all the work on every one of my cars, excluding clutch,thats too much work i would rather pay

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought my 06 WRX from Herb Gordon when I was 19ish....a very good purchase and the staff was delightful. I'd buy again from them in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by keegur View Post
    i went to a few dealerships, including gaithesburg, one in manassas, and one on briggs chaney road in silver spring, and rockville, almost every one i went to i got the ohh its a little kid dreaming, im only 20 and i guess the dealers felt like i didnt have money or couldnt get approved or i dont know, but every dealer had aweful customer service. but the one in silver spring, the guy i guess started to change his mind after the test drive and talking to him, ended up being very helpful with everything anda great guy, guys name was jason withrow, wasnt super knowledgeable about any accesories but i guess not everyone can be knowledgeable about everything, but by far the one in suilver spring was the best at Herb Gordon in the autopark

got car at 500 under invoice and they got all the parts i wanted overnighted and i only paid invoice on those items as well,

got the premium for about 26 490
    I bought my 09 from Jason Withrow as as well. It was a great casual buying experience and he was always extremely responsive as I worked out pricing between them and Fitz. I never wanted to buy from Fitz though, as it was a horrendous dealership experience. Haven't done any service besides a free first oil change there, but I've been happy so far.

Also, try to meet Eric Lendrum the finance guy. He is a big Subie head (races a built STI in SCCA). Tell him Steve from NIH who bought an 09 from him sent you.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I bought my 06 WRX from Herb Gordon when I was 19ish....a very good purchase and the staff was delightful. I'd buy again from them in a heart beat.
    I agree. The salesman with whom I dealt was really nice (Lakshman) and not pushy in any way. He knew that I was much more knowledgeable about WRXs so he let me call the shots and worked with his manager to get me a good price and a respectable trade in value. Only negative I can say is that they wouldn't budge on the price for accessories...so I ordered them online and saved 40%.

Also, service dept seems alright for basic stuff. They've taken care of some warranty work on the paint without any problems and activated my shock sensor for free. Can't beat that price.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.