Roanoke VA anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Roanoke VA anyone? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I need a WRX buddy down here!...

Roanoke VA anyone?

I need a WRX buddy down here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I see you live in VA.
    I am in MD so in a way where not to far. It's still out of state though.
    So where you live there are no WRX owners?
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

I've seen a 3-4 WRX around here. This town mainly caters to the Honda & Acura crowd.. Lot of Civics, Preludes, S2000's, and Integras. I am definitely the only girl with one. I'm all.. Outcasted haha.
    You're about a five hour drive from me. I'm more on the NC side of VA. But if there's a big meet up your way, I have no problems with a road trip!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow 5 hrs. That's pretty far.
    Yeah I am one of the few female WRX owners in my area as well.
    WRX/STi Guys sometime wait by my car at shopping stores and when they see it belongs to a girl, I see their shocked faces.
    I tell them yeah it's modified and a girl owns it. Its mine and not my boyfriends. LOL

Actually I am having a Subie Meet at the Subaru Dealership I work at in Gaithersburg, MD tomorrow. I am sure that's to short of a notice, but we have one of these every few months.
    Maybe if you in the area or feel like coming down you can check it out. It's our 3 Subie meet so it's slowly growing. I am hoping one day it will be really big.
    There's a Ocean City meet that's really big that happens every year. I am plaining on going to that one when my car is at the level I want her to be.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

Well I hate to say it, but a lot girls just can't figure out how to drive a stick :/
    I've only had my car a day, so I haven't had anyone waiting to see who owns it. I got that a lot in my Civic. I don't expect it much down here with the WRX because I'm in Honda land. I did get one funny look by a guy with an Evo today though. I haven't even let my bf drive it yet since he test drove it.
    I can't do much in the way of mods. VA is horrible when it comes to cars. Technically anything not stock = illegal. Springs, exhaust, window tint, everything. Sometimes you get pulled, sometimes you don't. So I decided I want to make my car like a fart.. Silent but deadly!

I'm going to be at VIR for the Big Kahuna Suzuki sport bike races this weekend, otherwise I would definitely drive up! When is the Ocean City meet?

I know that jamminj6693 from NASIOC is down there with his black 05 STi

There's a pretty healthy Subaru community around Roanoke/Blacksburg. You should attend one of the Blue Ridge Region autocrosses, 'cause there's a decent number of Subarus that go there. If you go to/went to Virginia Tech, their car club is also pretty active too.
    Karen Kraus
    2005 SCCA FS Southeast Divisional Champion | 2007 SCCA DSL National Champion
    2008 SCCA ProSolo L1 Champion | 2009 SCCA ESPL National Champion
    2010 SCCA ESP Northeast Divisional Champion
    2006 WRX (ESP 34) | 1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (ESP 34) | 1997 Camaro Z28 (DD)

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Ocean City meet is once a year during the Summer time. Last one was in June. If I hear any more about it
    I will let you know.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

I think I've seen that black STi around here. Just the other day actually. The guy driving it gave me a funny look.
    The other WRX's must be hiding from me then, or maybe my side of town just doesn't have any hanging out. I'm keeping my eyes open for them. I've heard some about the Blue Ridge Region, just haven't looked too closely into it yet. One of my good buddies down here is in a car club, all Honda, but I think he knows a few people I could get hooked up with.
    Ocean City summertime sounds fine to me. I should be done with my mods by then. Car is going to be totally illegal in VA, but I should be able to get myself out of a ticket lol

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Wow 5 hrs. That's pretty far.
    Yeah I am one of the few female WRX owners in my area as well.
    WRX/STi Guys sometime wait by my car at shopping stores and when they see it belongs to a girl, I see their shocked faces.
    I tell them yeah it's modified and a girl owns it. Its mine and not my boyfriends. LOL
    +1 on that. I love being one of probably two in my entire area to be driving a WRX and the looks I get. Sometimes it gets annoying, but most of the time I enjoy the looks and the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by twizz View Post
    Well I hate to say it, but a lot girls just can't figure out how to drive a stick :/
    I've only had my car a day, so I haven't had anyone waiting to see who owns it. I got that a lot in my Civic. I don't expect it much down here with the WRX because I'm in Honda land. I did get one funny look by a guy with an Evo today though. I haven't even let my bf drive it yet since he test drove it.
    I can't do much in the way of mods. VA is horrible when it comes to cars. Technically anything not stock = illegal. Springs, exhaust, window tint, everything. Sometimes you get pulled, sometimes you don't. So I decided I want to make my car like a fart.. Silent but deadly!
    Those are the best!
    I think most girls are just lazy. I get bored if I'm not driving a stick.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Oh and welcome to the club!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    +1 on that. I love being one of probably two in my entire area to be driving a WRX and the looks I get. Sometimes it gets annoying, but most of the time I enjoy the looks and the comments.

Those are the best!
    I think most girls are just lazy. I get bored if I'm not driving a stick.

I do too! My bf's truck is an automatic, and I get all weirded out driving it. I caught myself reaching for the clutch yesterday morning

And thanks! I've got some good advice on some mods here

There is an autocross at the Salem Civic Center on Sunday (8/23) that Blue Ridge Region is hosting. It's free to spectate if that's all you want to do, and I'm pretty sure they still have day-of-event signup if you decide at the last minute that you want to compete.

If I didn't have to be at the Autocrossers, Inc one on Saturday, I might consider going.
    Karen Kraus
    2005 SCCA FS Southeast Divisional Champion | 2007 SCCA DSL National Champion
    2008 SCCA ProSolo L1 Champion | 2009 SCCA ESPL National Champion
    2010 SCCA ESP Northeast Divisional Champion
    2006 WRX (ESP 34) | 1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (ESP 34) | 1997 Camaro Z28 (DD)

Thanks, penelope. I did find that event somewhere else, and I'm going to watch. I haven't even had my car a week so I think I will wait until the next one to drive. I've never even been to an autox, and I'm all paranoid about messing the car up when I just got it :/

Quote Originally Posted by penelope View Post
    There is an autocross at the Salem Civic Center on Sunday (8/23) that Blue Ridge Region is hosting.
    Good job Karen, Twizz showed up at the autoX this weekend. I posted one of your videos from FedEx in a thread on another forum trying to convince her to come out to the BRR event.

~Eddie

(I haven't posted on here in years .... )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast