Tint shop in Montgomery County?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tint shop in Montgomery County? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone know of a good tint shop in or around Bethesda/Rockville? Thinking about doing tint, tail light overlays (on my ...

Tint shop in Montgomery County?

Anyone know of a good tint shop in or around Bethesda/Rockville? Thinking about doing tint, tail light overlays (on my 09) and possibly a clear bra.

Thanks!

-Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Solar Solutions
    8740 Cherry Ln Ste 16
    Laurel, MD 20707
    301-498-7333

Carlos is a very personable guy who allows to you to watch the whole process, if you choose too. His prices are very good in comparison to shops around Baltimore. D&L Tiniting charges in the neighborhood $300 just for tint. I can't imagine who much they would charge for the clear bra. Carlos will do your tint in the neighborhood $150. I would call his shop to confirm he does the clear bras. I know he does the clear bra for the windshield, but I am not sure about the body panels.

I have taken 4 of my cars there to get done and think that my tint looks just as good, if not better than most other peoples tint jobs. I have no bubbles and extremely limited fade because of the quality of the tint he uses. If you go, tell him Tom, the guy who brought in the 3 Subaru's sent ya
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Sweet, I'll look into the shop, and definitely let them know who referred me if I go with them. Thanks!

-Steve

cool, let know how it goes.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Wound up going with Driven Dynamics in Rockville for my clearshield and tint. They gave me a good deal on the 3m non metallic tint, and it looks like they did a really good job. I'll have to wait till everything dries out, but so far, I am really happy with my choice.

I would definitely recommend these guys.

-Steve

grats. got any pics?

Will take some tonight. I got 35% 3m color stable non-metallic all around.

Quote Originally Posted by dur4ce View Post
    Will take some tonight. I got 35% 3m color stable non-metallic all around.

looks really nice man. i live in moco too. which part of moco do u live in?

I like the look of that 35, im kinda at a loss of weather to go with 35 or 20 or 15. I need a place just in the ellicott area or i'd be willing to drive too. I dont have any objection to that.
    1994 acura integra ls with a JDM b18c ITR motor and trans, 206 fwhp and 144 fwtq all motor, built JUN stage 3 head. stock block tuned on hondata S300 by Corey Parish of www.SlowMotionMotorsports.com in columbus (sunbury) ohio. oh yeah, and it has pink wheels

Quote Originally Posted by neyugncul View Post
    looks really nice man. i live in moco too. which part of moco do u live in?
    I live in northern Bethesda, near the Montgomery Mall. I've been looking for a meet to go to. Know of any?

Quote Originally Posted by Teckjoel1320 View Post
    I like the look of that 35, im kinda at a loss of weather to go with 35 or 20 or 15. I need a place just in the ellicott area or i'd be willing to drive too. I dont have any objection to that.
    Honestly 35% is dark enough for me, and especially since md has what I would consider reasonable tint laws, it's worth it for me to stay legal. It's definitely not a limo tint though...

Also, driven dynamics has been good, but I've heard good things about IAG, who might be closer for you.
    Last edited by dur4ce; 08-03-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dur4ce View Post
    I live in northern Bethesda, near the Montgomery Mall. I've been looking for a meet to go to. Know of any?
    Nope... I dont have my STI yet... Waiting till next year to get it. Im thinking of getting SWP for my first. I live ~10 minutes away from Montgomery Mall.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.