well, you have a little more research to do, my freind
This is a discussion on Help Reflasing ECU in MD within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I was wondering if there is anyone around the hagerstown area that would be willing to help me reflash my ...
I was wondering if there is anyone around the hagerstown area that would be willing to help me reflash my ecu for me. Im going to be getting downpipe within a couple of weeks and I have nothing to reflash it.
1. You have an 05 wrx. You really need to get the uppipe and do both at once.
2. You need to specify what kind of DP (name, catted/non-catted)
3. You need to specify what kind of exhaust will the rest of it be (are you getting a Turbo-muffler exhaust, just the DP, etc.)
4. What are you tuning for (street, drag)
5. What type of reflash are you going to do?
-If you are going to use a Cobb Accessport, you need to
buy the unit for $600. And they marry exclusively to one
car so no, you can't use a buddy's.
-If you have a laptop, you can download software (ROM
Raider, Opensource) and purchase a Tantrix cable to install
a map. But you need to have a map!
-You can buy a Utech ECU and reprogram it.
6. You need to really think about your mod path. Is a DP ALL you will ever do? Maps for custom tunes are expensive to get every time you add a new part....
Hey I'm out here in Hagerstown and I can help you with UTEC or AP. I'll also help you with parts install.