STI or SRT4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI or SRT4 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi, I have a 04 srt4 neon and an 03 Tiburon GT, and came accrossed a 07 sti at a ...

STI or SRT4

Hi,

I have a 04 srt4 neon and an 03 Tiburon GT, and came accrossed a 07 sti at a dealership that i really like to the point where i am thinking of trading in my neon. now i know this is a sti/wrx forum but i wanna hear what ur comments are on both cars...

should i keep the neon or sell it to get the sti??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO you really have to appreciate AWD to get why one may prefer an STi over an SRT4 Neon. The first time you are in an STi on anything other then clean dry pavement and still have awesome traction, you know it. Additionally the STi handles the curves well too.

Stock for Stock STi wins hands down in IMHO. However, if you are looking to build a straight line quarter mile monster then an SRT4 Neon is a better platform to go with.

In summary, if you are looking for a car that is great in many ways, makes a good daily driver, live in a town where in occasionally rains and you have to turn to get places then it's STi FTW!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    It's really apples to oranges honestly. What dealership are you looking at? I traded in my 07 awhile ago but I think it's always gone.

The difference in the winter/wet is going to be amazing. The difference between launching the two is going to be amazing. The build quality can go either way but I give the Subaru a step up.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I bought my first WRX in 03, in 06 I traded for a SRT-4 and in 07 I traded back for a WRX.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

The dealership i am looking at is in fallston, md. the car is an '07 sti. 1 owner kid lived in NJ. It has 4k miles on it. I love my srt and i do take it to the track ocassionally. but i really like this STI and i am sure that would make it down the track here and there too but will mainly be a daily driver. the kid that owned it previously put a 20g turbo on it and a ****load of perrins performance parts, aftermarket exhaust as well. My srt is pretty much stock it has solid MM, catchcan, mopar catback, checkvalve, AGP wga. the srt is currently a daily driver as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03GT04SRT
    The dealership i am looking at is in fallston, md. the car is an '07 sti. 1 owner kid lived in NJ. It has 4k miles on it. I love my srt and i do take it to the track ocassionally. but i really like this STI and i am sure that would make it down the track here and there too but will mainly be a daily driver. the kid that owned it previously put a 20g turbo on it and a ****load of perrins performance parts, aftermarket exhaust as well. My srt is pretty much stock it has solid MM, catchcan, mopar catback, checkvalve, AGP wga. the srt is currently a daily driver as well.
    Personally, I'd look into something else - buy a vehicle that hasn't been modified yet.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03GT04SRT View Post
    should i keep the neon or sell it to get the sti??
    my boyfriend has an srt-4 and he cant wait until the day that he can get rid of it and get an 09 wrx.

for what it's worth, when the neon came out it was a good deal. it was a turbo performance car for under 20k. bad things- FWD, torque steer, unreliable. good things: AMAZING SEATS

my bf's car is an 05 with almost 60k miles on it. he already needs a new tranny, clutch, and the seals on the turbo are starting to go.

essentially- you're the only one that can make the decision, but if you want a safe, reliable, fun car i'd go with the sti

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would not buy a modded car period.

If I did I'd have Agile (who I assume is probably selling it) give it a good once over and make sure it's legit.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I would not buy a modded car period.

If I did I'd have Agile (who I assume is probably selling it) give it a good once over and make sure it's legit.
    Yeah have a local shop look it over Agile and IAG are two good options...

Modded cars are notorious for being mistreated by their previous owners...

Not always the case, but there are a lot of horror stories...

Quote Originally Posted by 03GT04SRT View Post

That is a sleazy used car dealership....I'd stay away. I know that one of their more recent Subie acquisitions was in need of a new turbo. Might have heard something about a motor being down on compression as well. IMHO, look elsewhere. Especially if it was previously modded, people really hack these cars up if they don't know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Seeing StaRS; 01-15-2009 at 12:47 AM.

A few of my buddies have srt-r's

One of them is quick, the only mod is a larger front mount.
    The second is fast, all bolt ons, exhaust, large front mount.
    The third is breath taking. Provided, it isn't the fastest car in the world, but it is really quick, and fun to ride in.

If you are buying it for speed, I would say a big thing to keep in mind is if you are taking off from a stop or a roll. My stock WRX beats 2/3 of the srt-4's off of the line, but when we do a 40 roll they win.

The srt-4's seem cheaper to mod as well (from what i have seen them doing to their cars)

But there is no denying the quality of a WRX or STI, they really stand out.

My friend was trash talking me getting a WRX vs. an Evo, but when he drove my car he was surprised on how tight of competition it is on the Evo (but WRX vs Evo is a whole separate discussion)

Hope that was of any help to you.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The choice is yours. The cars aren't even in the same class. It's like comparing a Mustang to an Audi A8.

My friend has an SRT4.

Personally i think the srt4 is cool. Their motors are pretty strong. If you want a drag racing car then get the srt4. The STi can get up to like 315-330awhp on the stock block. I know the SRT4s can handle more hp on the stock motor.

However, The srt4 has the ugliest and cheapest shifter I have ever seen. It doesnt have the brembo brakes, BBS wheels, AWD, and reliability of a Subaru.

Trust me. Test drive an STi in the rain and feel the difference between AWD and FWD.

The STi is just a better overall car by a long shot. The only thing you can compare the 2 in is 1/4 mile times...
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    The srt4 has the ugliest and cheapest shifter I have ever seen.
    Yeah, they go bad pretty easy, quite a few of the srt-4's i have driven require you to smash into third gear or else you will just grind like you were trying to sift into reverse or something.

Sti allll thee waaaayyyyy!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.