Beware of this MD cop - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Beware of this MD cop within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; especially non SI civics. lol. they are CHEAP EVERYDAY CARS. Drive them. DONT RACE THEM....

especially non SI civics. lol. they are CHEAP EVERYDAY CARS. Drive them. DONT RACE THEM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sbzenth View Post
    especially non SI civics. lol. they are CHEAP EVERYDAY CARS. Drive them. DONT RACE THEM.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by boardinshorty81 View Post
    I think that the reason that imports are targeted more is because it is usually the stupid people that get imports (not saying everyone with an import is stupid, just that that is all stupid people get) and because muscle cars aren't usually involved in street racing accidents and other problems.
    I don't know where you live but here on long island those are the cars that street race the most...

Also there is nothing wrong with a tastefully modded civic that can hold its own. I sold my k swapped civic to buy my wrx b/c the honda scene is going to ****, thieves everywhere, being hassled by the cops, an influx of idiots that buy their civic to fit in or be cooler than their friend.... my civic used to clean up wrx's with mods and I embarassed a few stock stis as well IMO if the car hustles and its not a rice bucket its ok in my book. I will probably build another honda when I free up some money.

When done right they are very fun little cars, not for nothing I see more people on subaru forums bash hondas than anywhere but yet I see more threads on "how will my wrx stack up against carX?" maybe thats why I still love hondas b/c if you want to find out how your car will stack up against carX you line it up and run if you win you win if you lose you lose but at least you find out unlike with benchracing where someones friends uncles cousins best friends brother beat carX with TBE and a reflash.

end of rant but its something I've noticed in my short stay here at clubwrx

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    ^^ Quoted For Truth.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by white mike View Post
    I don't know where you live but here on long island those are the cars that street race the most...

Also there is nothing wrong with a tastefully modded civic that can hold its own. I sold my k swapped civic to buy my wrx b/c the honda scene is going to ****, thieves everywhere, being hassled by the cops, an influx of idiots that buy their civic to fit in or be cooler than their friend.... my civic used to clean up wrx's with mods and I embarassed a few stock stis as well IMO if the car hustles and its not a rice bucket its ok in my book. I will probably build another honda when I free up some money.

When done right they are very fun little cars, not for nothing I see more people on subaru forums bash hondas than anywhere but yet I see more threads on "how will my wrx stack up against carX?" maybe thats why I still love hondas b/c if you want to find out how your car will stack up against carX you line it up and run if you win you win if you lose you lose but at least you find out unlike with benchracing where someones friends uncles cousins best friends brother beat carX with TBE and a reflash.

end of rant but its something I've noticed in my short stay here at clubwrx
    Well of course I love those civics that can whoop ass, but when the majority(at least around here) just put a autozone generic exhaust and a neon license plate frame on there, they are ruining the civic name.

I Support ClubWRX
    If anyone can please explain Probable Cause and Reasonable Suspicion without looking it up I would be surprised. But yet the term gets tossed around like everyone has a concept of it.

None the less....it's illegal plain and simple. If you dont want to get stopped, ticketed, bothered then keep the car stock. Other wise by breaking the law you put an open invitation out to get stoped.

Not withstanding the whole arguement of "dont they have something better to do" is rather silly. Multiple "petty" traffic stops have lead to criminal arrest. Timothy Mcvay was arrested on a traffic stop after the Oklahoma Bombing...there was a serial killer in the 70's who was caught off of parking tickets....these are just the major headline ones that I recall.

Contrary to TV, movies, and popular believe there isnt rapes, murders, robberies, and burglaries going on every second. Odds are the cop had nothing else better to do or he wouldnt have stopped you.

With your aftermarket parts you are basically driving above the speed limit all the time...giving them a reason to stop you.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    With your aftermarket parts you are basically driving above the speed limit all the time...giving them a reason to stop you.
    You mean "In the cops eyes?"
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

What exactly is the fine for being catless in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by carveit3 View Post
    What exactly is the fine for being catless in CA?
    all i know is driving without one is a federal offense
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    You mean "In the cops eyes?"
    No I mean in plain english common sense eyes....you are breaking the law no different then speeding right pass a cop.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I have been pulled over for absolutly no reason, I was doing nothing wrong, a cop pulled up behind me while i was stopped at a stop sign and followed me for about 5 miles then pulled me over. When I asked him for a reason he told me that he that he saw me earlier which i replied with why did you pull me over then...he didnt know what to say to that... and that i ran a stop sign and that my radar detector was too high on my windsheild, clearly he had no reason to pull me over

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Is this happening in MD or SoCal? In CA they can & will impound your car if it is not smog legal. It's the law & they have every right to do it. In MD, not so much.
    so say i've got my catted dp and they do catch it. is it common practice to impound them. or is that just for the cop who really wants to make a point/some money. I'd always assumed a very expensive ticket was what i'd face. Either way i try to keep the car as stock looking as possible. large exhaust tip doesn't help... but i'm well under sound limits.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234