Beware of this MD cop - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beware of this MD cop within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by sbzenth he is right. they all question your motives of having the mods. Im sorry it was ...

Quote Originally Posted by sbzenth View Post
    he is right. they all question your motives of having the mods.

Im sorry it was CA.

here, the first three are riverside county in CA

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue

http://bitesandbolts.wordpress.com/2...r-enthusiasts/

This is the best summary:
    California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue

Houston City, TX: (original raid happened in 02)

abc13.com: Settlement likely in K-Mart street racing raid 6/17/08
    Thats nothing new there, its quite common. One reason i could never live in CA.....EVER
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Thats nothing new there, its quite common. One reason i could never live in CA.....EVER
    yeah me neither. Sad thing is... i might be moving there.

I think they get profiled becasue street racers have casused many deaths and injurys to the racers and innocent by standers. Which to me, is just as bad as the local drug dealer. However it is a problem if the STOCK driver keeps getting harrassed for the same thing, when he does nothing wrong. They need some more probable casue before making the stop.
    Honestly, it's the usual story of the minority ruining it for the majority. As far as a cop is concerned, if you see a heavily modified car on the street, chances are they race in areas that absolutely aren't appropriate. Think of the number of videos you see on youtube with knuckle-heads driving well in excess of 60mph in built up areas - never appropriate.

I would say most of us on here have modified vehicles but use them appropriately. Do you really need racing parts on a street car? It's cool, don't get me wrong but since you need those parts for racing...and you can't race on public roads...then the cop is right to pull you over and nick you for it! Rules are rules...
    2008 WRX Red (and therefore faster)
    2008 Nissan Sentra (wifes)

UK and Ex-Pats chat forum
    UK Chat Group

Wingl3ss @lliance #21

The whole thing about CA gets way overblown. they are more strict than a lot of states but I don't know anyone who's had their car impounded, and its not as if its impossible to have a modified car here, or that the chp will parachute in to search your car when your not looking. In my experience, don't drive like and ass hat and don't go to car meets that are filled with ricers who use them to set up street races.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The whole thing about CA gets way overblown. they are more strict than a lot of states but I don't know anyone who's had their car impounded, and its not as if its impossible to have a modified car here, or that the chp will parachute in to search your car when your not looking. In my experience, don't drive like and ass hat and don't go to car meets that are filled with ricers who use them to set up street races.
    True that
    2008 WRX Red (and therefore faster)
    2008 Nissan Sentra (wifes)

UK and Ex-Pats chat forum
    UK Chat Group

Wingl3ss @lliance #21

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sbzenth View Post
    almost all aftermarket from what i understand. but ive yet to run into a cop in MD that truly cares.

However, when i as in a hit and run last week, i reported it and got an officer dispatched to me. He came over, looked my car up and down and said:

"Looks like you were racin and hit a curb."
    Now, the damage was on the fenders.. so i said
    me "are you serious? you think a curb did this?"
    cop "there is curb rash on your wheels. Yes."
    me "thats from another time from rubbing a curb. I did NOT hit my car."
    cop "have you been drinking tonight?"
    At that point i just wanted to say "Yeah of course. I was drunk, hit a damn curb, and called you to get in trouble."
    i did say, "no... not at all..."
    cop "im going to cite that you were in an accident with no second party."
    me "WTF! SOMEONE HIT MY CAR!"

the cop never filed a hit and run. The person who hit me did eventually come out.

The point of this story is that with a fast car, or a fast looking one, we will always be profiled.
    Yea I was there dude.... Cop was fing retarded... "Well yea I called you cuz I was driving drunk and I wanted you to know that I crashed while i was at it" lol. I wanted to say it too.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The whole thing about CA gets way overblown. .
    I agree, makes 100% since. But as you said even exhaust causes the hassle. Weather its a classic car with open exhaust or a subie, i love to hear the note when i open up the throttle. I guess living in the motor citys its pretty much in my blood haha.

it wouldn't suprise me if cops didnt start pulling us over more with no Probably Cause, other than that we may have some performance parts, and then tell us that they are illegal, and ticket us because they have no money in their department. I already heard speeding ticket prices are going to go way up, how else can police stations get their funding or afford gas?
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    What bothers me is that beefed up mustangs and camaros don't have to put with nearly as much bs as we do, even the late model mustangs and camaros have less bs to put up with. You will never see a raid on a car meet with old muscle cars in it. I know they are exempt from carb laws but many of the mods they have on their cars are just as illegal as the mods on my car.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

i know what you mean.

the imports suffer a lot more.

I think that the reason that imports are targeted more is because it is usually the stupid people that get imports (not saying everyone with an import is stupid, just that that is all stupid people get) and because muscle cars aren't usually involved in street racing accidents and other problems.

I think its just a plain numbers thing. I see more modified riced out imports than I do tackily modified American cars. Maybe its just the area I'm in.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Yeah its area for sure. I have more muscle cars and other american cars than imports perioid. Again this is detroit, what else would you expect.

Also theres just as many asshats with muscle car causing accidents. It may come down to the pure BUY AMERICAN deal, and people not liking foreigns. Regardless if they are stock or not.

Plus the Honda's i could see getting alot of attention. No offence to the owners, but have you guys ever been behind a civic on the freeway with an exhaust? Holy crap, headache in a catback is what i call that! It honestly makes me want to run them off the road from the droning notes.

Plus the Honda's i could see getting alot of attention. No offence to the owners, but have you guys ever been behind a civic on the freeway with an exhaust? Holy crap, headache in a catback is what i call that! It honestly makes me want to run them off the road from the droning notes.
    +1 lol

YES DEFIANTLY. You wanna hear something crazy, I saw a civic hatchback with 08 WRX taillights(maybe they aren't from 08s but i am talking about those elongated ones that are like silver and red) in it. Talk about wanting to run someone off the road. Honestly why do they buy that car... it has like new attributes that make it attractive other then the fact that it is cheap, and if you don't have enough money to get a decent car then why are you buying mods for it you know. Sorry its kinda a rant but seriously I dislike those vehicles with an extreme passion (no offense).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast