screw you brown subaru
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on screw you brown subaru within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ok this may not be the right spot for this rant. but, Brown Subaru in Charlottesville VA has bent me ...

screw you brown subaru

ok this may not be the right spot for this rant.

but, Brown Subaru in Charlottesville VA has bent me over the table. they claim "free tires for life" of course that is with regularly scheduled maintenance. they aren't worried too much about oil changes and what not, just the big ones like 15k 30k and what not. well i am at 41k, i get them to do all my maintenance, oil changes, everything 1. i don't have the tools 2. i am a lazy ass.

well i was driving down the road last night and hear this sound like a stick was caught under the car so i stop and check it out. turns out the inside tire walls, 3 out of the 4 tires, were literally shredding and breaking off. so i manage to get to subaru today to get my tires changed and oil change.

i talk to the manager, he looks at my tires and says it as because of my alignment. he goes and checks my history, turns out, THEY NEVER ALIGNED MY CAR!!! not once. so for 41k miles i have had the factory/showroom alignment. the $200+ i would spent for full work over at 15k and 30k they never did.

now i am out 400 bucks ATLEAST for new tires, god knows what else they never did but charged me for. can't wait for the next thing to break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tell them you are getting a lawyer, they'll see it your way pretty quick

If you paid for service that included an alignment yet they did none and then tried to use that as a basis for refusing to repair or replace the tires, I would recommend you contact the better business bureau. If at no point you have either requested or paid for an alignment, you are SOL. Just because you think it probably should have happened at 15k and 30k doesn't necessarily mean it did. If you didn't request it or specifically pay for it, then you don't really have a let to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    If you paid for service that included an alignment yet they did none and then tried to use that as a basis for refusing to repair or replace the tires, I would recommend you contact the better business bureau. If at no point you have either requested or paid for an alignment, you are SOL. Just because you think it probably should have happened at 15k and 30k doesn't necessarily mean it did. If you didn't request it or specifically pay for it, then you don't really have a let to stand on.
    +1, if you paid for it, they have to fix it. BBB and Attorney General's office should both be notified. Call Underdog too, never know what will help...

But on the other hand, if you didn't pay for it (i.e. it wasn't listed as regularly scheduled maintenance that you paid for but you thought it was included...) then those bad boys are not the dealer's problem!

i know for a fact i asked for it and paid for it, because everytime they ask would you like to get the tire rotation and alignment. the tire rotation is there but no alignment is listed, ever. it is an extra 80 bucks for the alignment so i know i paid for it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsixwgnz
    i know for a fact i asked for it and paid for it, because everytime they ask would you like to get the tire rotation and alignment. the tire rotation is there but no alignment is listed, ever. it is an extra 80 bucks for the alignment so i know i paid for it.
    Why didn't you mention this when you looked at your receipt?

If I was paying for something and didn't see it on the receipt, I would question the person before handing them my credit card (I don't know why you'd pay without looking at the receipt). If they indeed did it, they would have no problem writing on the receipt and initialing that it was done. If they didn't do it, the technicians would be putting the car on the alignment machine.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly....if it's not noted on the receipt it didnt happen...period.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i got a print out of the history of the vehicle's maintenance. it states customer requests premium 15k mile service, which according to the manager, includes alignment unless stated otherwise. on the paper it says i requested the premium service and synthetic oil, no notes about declining an alignment.

i have all the receipts, all it says was premium service XX amount of dollars, synthetic oil XX amount of dollars

If it was me I'd stop crying over a set of junk tires you are trying to get the dealer to pay for, and just buy a set of quality tires and properly enjoy your car. Then again, I buy about two sets of tires a year for my car.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    If it was me I'd stop crying over a set of junk tires you are trying to get the dealer to pay for, and just buy a set of quality tires and properly enjoy your car. Then again, I buy about two sets of tires a year for my car.
    Show off.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Hey man, you never know...the dealership might be having a special on Potenza RE-01R's....

I also had a the free tire deal and nearly the same thing happened to me. They wouldn't honor the deal even though the threads were showing. They said "you missed a tire rotation service, and therefore we cannot honor the tire guarantee". I ended up faxing a respectful, polite, and intelligent letter stating the promise, the problem, and what the consequences would be if they wouldn't honor the deal. In my case, I threatened to file an affidavit of fraud against the dealership. I stated that if the tire rotation needed to be performed, it was indeed their responsibility to inform me of this during regular maintenance inspections. I soon received a call at work from the manager, and I got my tires.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.