speeding ticket
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on speeding ticket within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i got nailed on 270 in maryland going 86 in a 55 goddamn cop pulled outa nowhere but when i ...

speeding ticket

i got nailed on 270 in maryland going 86 in a 55 goddamn cop pulled outa nowhere but when i got the ticket it said 76 in a 55 but it did not say wreckless driving. because of this i was wondering if in md the wreckless driving limit is higher than it is in va which is 20 over. is it a speeding ticket or will it be sent to my insurance as a wreckless driving ticket??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sneaky bastards!

Pretty sure reckless driving is at the Copper's discretion... You might've got just a speeding ticket because you were polite and cooperative... That is... If you were polite and cooperative...

hey gave me flyer that said what to do when your pulled over and said heres a pamphlet read it or discard it i dont care. i was like what is it he was like just a flyer a walked away i was like wtf i read it though and i was doing everything right. it was funny he was kinda meanmade me out to sound like a smart ass... but i wasnt trying to be.. the fine is only 160 dollars soo that seems light for reckless...

You got off lucky. I was doing 10 over and the cop was "Nice" $185 dollar ticket and he was being nice because he didn't put it down as speeding He said that the speeding ticket would have been 260.

Yeah, I managed to get "negligent driving" back in September and it was $550... According to the report, I was making "frequent unneccesary lane changes" No speeding involved. I got it mitigated to $250, but it still pisses me off...

If everyone just drove the speed limit during rush hour I wouldn't have to weave now would I?

in va, 20+mph over the limit is automatic reckless driving, where in md, you need to be doing 30+, or have a combination of other charges. these are the experiences, as i have lived them
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Speeding

Although the law says 20+ is considered reckless, it all depends on the cop who pulled you over. I have been pulled over 2 times and given tickets for going 22 over and, they gave me a speeding ticket, not a reckless driving ticket, and it saved me a ****load of money, especially with the old laws about reckless tickets...
    2002 WRX Silver

APS intake, TXS RFL exhaust Cobb stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    MD doesnt have a speed based "reckless" charge. It's up to the officer to prove what was reckless about the incident and speeding alone usually doesnt cut it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

eh i always tend to get the lecture and the ticket...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

"Write of yack. Don't do both, officer."
    That could cause the officer to keep writing....exhaust ticket, tire inspection, vehicle inspection for lights, etc.

Seriously....it's the officers stop...play by their rules (unless it's illegal like searches and what not) and hopefully it's as painless as it can be.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I've gotten a 30+ over ticket in MD while having a VA license. It isn't a reckeless ticket in VA. Like it was stated above, its based on the officers issuance of the ticket. So since it wasn't stated as reckeless, it won't be in VA either. And that's a cheap ticket (<$200). Mine was something like $520 and that was back in '98.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

do you recomend going to court even though its a bull**** ticket anyway and i was definetley in the wrong. ive aalways gone before and got the ticket droped more, but i had a good excuse. i dont think this time i was going around the vw golf it was pissing me off as a good excuse

Yeah, definately go to court~ Most judges will cut your ticket in half just for showing up. Just shows that you give a **** about it. And if you think you can go a year without another ticket... ask for a differal... They're rare, but it means nothing goes on your record, but you go on probation for a year which means another ticket = you get the full weight of both tickets

a deferal eh? never thought of doing that... i havent had one in two years april 21 2006 was my last one u think it will still work??

Quote Originally Posted by Seany C View Post
    i havent had one in two years april 21 2006 was my last one
    Hmmmn, Your last differal was two years ago? Or your last ticket??? Because, here where I am in Washington, while having a clean record helps you get a differal, a ticket won't exempt you from getting one. On the other hand, you can only get a differal every six years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.