STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ng-crash_N.htm excerpt: The victims ranged in age from their 20s to 60s, police said. Seven people were pronounced dead at ...

I Support ClubWRX

STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ng-crash_N.htm

excerpt:
    The victims ranged in age from their 20s to 60s, police said. Seven people were pronounced dead at the scene, and an eighth died later in a hospital. Police said a body found in the car was one of the spectators and not a passenger as they had previously assumed.
    So keep on street-racing, fellas.. It'll bite you in the arse, one way, or another; directly or indirectly..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Watching Street Racing Kills! In Maryland....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Watching Street Racing Kills! In Maryland....
    For some reason I found that disturbingly funny.

I Support ClubWRX
    true dat.
    I've seen more than a handful of times, where 'spectators' lost their life.. I'm interested to hear the details of it all, once sorted.
    Rogan o_0

So it was a white Ford Crown-Vic that run everyone over. That means it's either an unmarked cop car or teh old folks and considering the accident happened in the early morning, I'm going to guess it wasn't the old folks.

The police also haven't released much information about the driver of the Crown-Vic.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it wasnt a police car. The PR would be horrible if they with held that fact at this point. And if it was a police car they'd have to deal with it sooner or later.

Unmarked cop car responding to the scene of reported street racing. It could happen.

IMO because they haven't released the name or condition of the driver means it's either a juvenile or a cop.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Unmarked cop car responding to the scene of reported street racing. It could happen.

IMO because they haven't released the name or condition of the driver means it's either a juvenile or a cop.
    It could go either way....we shall see.

Just from a PR standpoint I cant imagine a Police Department not wanting to get that info to the public as quickly as possible if that was the case. It's a huge liability and opens them up to "cover up" cases from the families/victims.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 02-16-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Car was driving with its lights off at close to 4:00 AM. . . I can has a drank?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Car was driving with its lights off at close to 4:00 AM. . . I can has a drank?!
    Yep ... read the same. The driver supposedly never saw the crown through the burnout tire smoke. It all does not add up ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23194752/

"Police interviewed the driver of the Ford Crown Victoria sedan, but no charges were pending, said Prince George's County police Cpl. Clinton Copeland. Authorities were looking for the drivers of the two cars involved in the race".

Now no mention of the lights off. I read the lights were off earlier today at MSNBC. Even more
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    i dunno bout you, but that sure looks like a cruiser.. do you often see those wheels on a non police interceptor? I don't..

I'm not speculating, just making a non-bias observation..
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    i dunno bout you, but that sure looks like a cruiser.. do you often see those wheels on a non police interceptor? I don't..

I kind of thought the same. There appear to be two red stripes just above the rear wheel. A cover up? That would explain the earlier reports of no headlights.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I kind of thought the same. There appear to be two red stripes just above the rear wheel. A cover up? That would explain the earlier reports of no headlights.
    cruisers usually have black wheels with a small chrome insert in the middle and usually have just one spotlight. those are the best ways to spot the "undercover" cruisers. even the decomissioned ones sold to old people.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

I don't believe those wheels are exclusive to police crown vics. Additionally, although I have seen those type wheels on police vehicles before, most of the ones I see are black plain rims.

Really though, in the past you don't see that many Crown Vics that weren't police/government vehicles. Until recently anyway. Seems like recently I've notice some governments are selling/auctioning off there old fleet cars.
    Last edited by TheJ; 02-16-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.