STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; so i guess i was late for this thread... but my friend was actually there. but i couldn't really understand ...

so i guess i was late for this thread... but my friend was actually there. but i couldn't really understand him because he has a really thick asian accent...

he told me that they were watching the cars doing burnouts getting ready to race. something had happened and everybody got onto the street. but since it was late/early (however you put it) and there was almost no visibility due to tire smoke one car came up and ran a couple people over. well, basically because he said there was one guy hanging from the side, one on the hood another under the car... so there was even more people out in the street to see what happened there. then while the other cars came back another car took out the other couple of people and that's when all hell broke lose... crazy...

but i don't know if that's exactly the story because i couldn't really understand him... all i am saying is from what i heard, so don't quote me or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Was your friend a cop?

j/k
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Some of the people watching this race went over there from a Supra meet I was at at the Arundel Mills mall.. glad I didn't go.
    Charlie
    Blobeye Syndicate #41
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3017183

I Support ClubWRX
    Police are now identifying some of the victims from Saturday's deadly street racing crash in Prince George's County.

Eight people were killed after a car not involved in the race itself, plowed into a crowd of onlookers.

Mary Bubala reports so far authorities have released the names of six of the eight killed in the accident.

Mark Courtney, Daryl Wills, Maycol Lopez, Blaine Briscoe, William Gaines and Ervin Gardner were all killed in the accident.

Relatives of the victims are still in shock and unable to comprehend the horror of the early morning crash that killed the racing fans.

Family members have already begun to leave temporary memorials at the scene of the state's most deadly street racing accident.

"Right now, it's like a dream. I can't believe this happened. You see this stuff on TV, and you never think it will happen to you," said an onlooker.

Irma Harris brought balloons for her friend Ervin Gardner, who was about to celebrate his birthday.

"So I'm going to miss him and I just wanted him to know that we'll always remember him," she said.

The straight and long stretches of Route 210 in rural Prince George's County make it ideal for amateur street racing.

The dark of night and clouds of burning rubber and exhaust made it hard for the 20-year-old driver of a Crown Victoria to see a group of about 50 fans who had stepped in the road.
    The Crown Victoria came down the highway after two cars involved in the race had taken off down the road.

At the same time, a crowd of about 50 people stepped into the road to see the race.

"There were people standing on the side of the road; my father was one of them. The car hit the people. Some died instantly, others got thrown then died," said a relative of one victim.

"My mom was trying to grab my grandfather, then when it hit him, all his body pieces just jumped up," said a witness.

Making matters worse, an 18-wheeler also came through the body-littered highway moments later as the two street racers took off.

Tarps covered the bodies of the victims ranging in age from 20-60.

"This is not what these roads are for. There are places this can be done legally, but county roads are not the place to do it," said a police officer.

Some people around the area say they've complained about the racers before, but they're so fast they're gone before police arrive.

Police are not looking at charges against the Crown Victoria driver, but they are still hoping to question more witnesses.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Who watches street racing with their mom, dad, and grandfather?

The driver is apparently 20 so I'd assume he's not a police officer.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    My mom was trying to grab my grandfather, then when it hit him, all his body pieces just jumped up," said a witness."

how many fathers and grandparents and mothers and their kids need to be at an illegal street race??????

Were the older victims white or Asian????? im not racist i just never met an old person who hits up the street races
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 02-18-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Meh. I hate conspiracy theories. No matter what or who hit them, these idiots were standing in the middle of a smoke cloud in the middle of the night on a 55mph highway. Duh.

Oh, and I hear they have this really cool place where people can go race their cars. It really neat. It has bleachers, Jersey barriers to protect spectators, food, beverages, safety equipment and ambulances! I think they just invented it. I hear they all it a "Drag strip".

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Oh, and I hear they have this really cool place where people can go race their cars. It really neat. It has bleachers, Jersey barriers to protect spectators, food, beverages, safety equipment and ambulances! I think they just invented it. I hear they all it a "Drag strip".
    Yes, it is called Md Int'l Raceway at Budds Creek. It is 30 miles south of DC. One of the news reports I read said the scene was 20 miles south of DC
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    It has bleachers, Jersey barriers to protect spectators,
    I always wondered why they were called 'Jersey barriers' or 'Jersey walls'.. to protect others from Jersey?

Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I always wondered why they were called 'Jersey barriers' or 'Jersey walls'.. to protect others from Jersey?

The Jersey barrier was originally developed at the Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken N.J. (under the direction of the New Jersey State Highway Department).

Huh.

:removes foil hat:
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    how many fathers and grandparents and mothers and their kids need to be at an illegal street race??????s
    Yeah, seriously. That's just plain weird...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The Jersey barrier was originally developed at the Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken N.J. (under the direction of the New Jersey State Highway Department).

What does Jersey have against U-turns??
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #008
    Mods:
    Fuzzy Dice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234