STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STREET RACING KILLS! In Maryland... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; very sad. i also found it weird that this isnt your typical street racing story. it seemed like it was ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    very sad. i also found it weird that this isnt your typical street racing story. it seemed like it was an older crowd, rather than ricers in civics. it mentions a mother watching the race with her young daughter... her 60 year old father.. and another guy mentioned his brother in his 40's.

sad nonetheless.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh ... so it is not just me.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Banned
    Looks like the verdict is still out on what went on here. May the fallen RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Me and Ray.
    and me..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    ...A cover up? That would explain the earlier reports of no headlights.
    to be fair, if you read "live" news on msn, it will always be changing because they remove old stories with bad facts as soon as new, or more accurate, facts present themselves (this is why i have no faith in media news). it is a retraction without saying "we screwed up". i have witnessed this happen many times on msn. who is to say every other online news site would not do the same, lol?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    to be fair, if you read "live" news on msn, it will always be changing because they remove old stories with bad facts as soon as new, or more accurate, facts present themselves (this is why i have no faith in media news). it is a retraction without saying "we screwed up". i have witnessed this happen many times on msn. who is to say every other online news site would not do the same, lol?
    SO is it the truth that changes to fit the facts or the facts that change to fit the truth.

j/k
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

This world is going to hell in a box.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Two rwd cars warm their tires producing a cloud of smoke, line up, and commence racing, brilliant spectators spill onto the road to bask in rubber smoke, unmarked leo that responded to or happened upon street racing that had been sitting waiting for the race to go down with his headlights off so he's super sneaky takes off after cars while still in dark sneaky mode and drives through empty smoke cloud covering the start that is actually filled with people.

Had to be a cop.
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    Your strategic lack of exclamation points has convinced me.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Two rwd cars warm their tires producing a cloud of smoke, line up, and commence racing, brilliant spectators spill onto the road to bask in rubber smoke, unmarked leo that responded to or happened upon street racing that had been sitting waiting for the race to go down with his headlights off so he's super sneaky takes off after cars while still in dark sneaky mode and drives through empty smoke cloud covering the start that is actually filled with people.

Had to be a cop.

Headlights off makes me think something like that. But who would be dumb enough to blindly fly through when he knows theres a bunch of people so close and he can't see a thing. They already raced, why not turn on your siren i don't think their gonna lose him in the middle of nowhere.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post

Had to be a cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Your strategic lack of exclamation points has convinced me.
    I completely agree with both of these posts.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    Headlights off makes me think something like that. But who would be dumb enough to blindly fly through when he knows theres a bunch of people so close and he can't see a thing. They already raced, why not turn on your siren i don't think their gonna lose him in the middle of nowhere.
    There are plenty of cops out there dumb and bold enough to do just that. He probably kept his lights off because they are in the middle of nowhere and the racers do have a very good chance of losing the cop. The cop knows that the closer he can get before being detected the lesser the chance they will run. He was probably hoping that the racers would stop and turn around to return to the start instead of just continuing WOT and losing him if he were to hit his lights while they were still racing.
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure what the rational here is...

Just because it's a crown vic, it had to be a cop

Is that what we are basing all this "must have been a cop" stuff on?
    -The J

No, they also had their lights off.

Normal people never drive with their lights off, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I'm not sure what the rational here is...

Just because it's a crown vic, it had to be a cop

Is that what we are basing all this "must have been a cop" stuff on?
    My rationale regarding the incident is of the foil hat variety.

It was probably a drunkard, that despite being at risk of a dui decides to drive with no headlights, and then plunge full speed into a thick smoky cloud obscuring the road all just moments after a street race had just happened to occur. It would take one severely drunk dumbass to pull this off yet no charges were pressed.

The most plausible explanation but still seems odd.
    ~Selah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.