IAG Performance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on IAG Performance within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I had a chance to stop in and speak with the guys at IAG Performance located in Westminster Maryland. The ...

I Support ClubWRX

IAG Performance

I had a chance to stop in and speak with the guys at IAG Performance located in Westminster Maryland.

The guys seem very friendly and have a HUGE amount of products in stock and ready to sell. It was nice to see a place that actually stocks the items and isnt just into the "drop shipping" aspect of it.

If you are in the area you owe it to yourself to stop in and speak with them. They are located in the building formely used be EIP Tuning but it's different people running the show.

They have a tire machine, alignment, repair/install shop, as well as offer window tinting.

One of the main things they strive for is to have things in stock. If you go to their website and you can actually order it then rest assure it will be shipped from their location that day. None of this "run around" stuff that several other vendors do.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the head's up. Let's just hope that the EIP karma doesn't affect IAG
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Yeah I think they are trying very hard to avoid that associtation.

I'm actually trying to get up there this weekend to snag some parts.

Money is a killer through...I've been trying for like 3 weeks to get some money set aside as I hate charing things on my credit card that I cant pay off at the end of the month.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yeah I think they are trying very hard to avoid that associtation.

I'm actually trying to get up there this weekend to snag some parts.

Money is a killer through...I've been trying for like 3 weeks to get some money set aside as I hate charing things on my credit card that I cant pay off at the end of the month.
    What are you looking to get? If I were to get a Protune I was thinking Agile since Mikie13 had good results. I may consider IAG... I forget the guy's name that owns it but he actually was a silent partner in EIP. He is trying hard to straighten out the EIP mess and establish something with a fresh start. So far, I've heard nothing but positive reviews regarding IAG.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    What are you looking to get? If I were to get a Protune I was thinking Agile since Mikie13 had good results. I may consider IAG... I forget the guy's name that owns it but he actually was a silent partner in EIP. He is trying hard to straighten out the EIP mess and establish something with a fresh start. So far, I've heard nothing but positive reviews regarding IAG.
    I'm looking to get some basic cosmetic stuff. A set of RA flaps, a good boost gauge, and possible shifter busings and a Fastwrx front lip.

IAG does not do tuning. They said they refer most of there tuning to Agile. They said they do not have any plans anytime soon to start tuning.

Honestly the area is pretty locked down for tuning and it creates a higher chance of tarnishing your name.

You have Agile, TurboXS, Phil@Element, Mach V, DPS, Chad Block, Ptuning, and a few others with in driving distance.

EIP and IAG are almost one and the same. one guy in the shops owns/owned eip, the other owed iag. i went and looked at an sti last year at iag. the guy running the show (who had a big office in the back), tried to tell me that the whirling sound coming from the left side of the guage cluster was just the turbo and that it was normal. having owned a wrx for a year, i knew he was talking chit and was treating me like i did not know anything about a turbo car. needless to say, i looked elsewhere for a car and found one that didn't make any unexpected noises. you guys can take this as you will, but iag/eip will never get my business.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    EIP and IAG are almost one and the same. one guy in the shops owns/owned eip, the other owed iag. i went and looked at an sti last year at iag. the guy running the show (who had a big office in the back), tried to tell me that the whirling sound coming from the left side of the guage cluster was just the turbo and that it was normal. having owned a wrx for a year, i knew he was talking chit and was treating me like i did not know anything about a turbo car. needless to say, i looked elsewhere for a car and found one that didn't make any unexpected noises. you guys can take this as you will, but iag/eip will never get my business.
    That does sound a little odd.

I am actually heading up there today to hopefully buy some small tid bits of parts for the STI.

That does sound a little odd.

I am actually heading up there today to hopefully buy some small tid bits of parts for the STI.
    bah, in all fairness, it HAS been a little more than a year since i have been over there and i only talked to 1 person, but my personal choice has been made. i didn't appreciate that kind of talk from an owner, some fool on a sales floor, maybe, but not an owner.

keep us posted
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    bah, in all fairness, it HAS been a little more than a year since i have been over there and i only talked to 1 person, but my personal choice has been made. i didn't appreciate that kind of talk from an owner, some fool on a sales floor, maybe, but not an owner.

keep us posted
    Yup yup.

I'm not discrediting your statements or anything by any means.

If there was a shop within the same distance that had the inventory I'd glady drive over there and compare but I havent found one.

I'll keep it posted as to how todays events go. So far they've been helpful to me and a handful of guys over on Nasioc.

Yup yup.

I'm not discrediting your statements or anything by any means.

If there was a shop within the same distance that had the inventory I'd glady drive over there and compare but I havent found one.

I'll keep it posted as to how todays events go. So far they've been helpful to me and a handful of guys over on Nasioc.
    oh, no, man, i hear ya. that is why my first post said take it as you will. in a PR department, you would probably be looking for only a handfull of experiences like mine in thousands of positive interactions.

it is very common on the internet to see people rating vendors, local and otherwise. what every one needs to remember is everyone has off days, but some people just suck. you have to use your head, call and speak with employees, and feel it out for yourself.

i don't want to knock iag, but i will still share my single experience with others in the interest of information. for everyone local who is looking for a shop for the same reason you are, i would say go check them out, no doubt. i wouldn't trust them with enough of your hard earned dollars to buy a car with, tho.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed.

I have no personal experiance of their auto sales or of their installs. Honestly I'd have no problem using them as a parts seller.

The area happens to be flooded with fairly good shops as it is. Andrewtech, Agile, Mach V, TurboXS, RCE, etc.

It's all about finding the one that works best for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Picked up a set of mud flaps today and spoke to them about a front lip and a boost gauge.

Helpful staff and the place is packed with parts.

I'm debating on if I want the GT Spec CF lip or the Fastwrx knock off.

Stri gauges also looked impressive but I might just try to find a used OEM one and toss it in.

I Support ClubWRX
    did you pic me up a set?
    LOL

hey, what did you get? If you haven't put them one, I need a favor! TRACE the pattern of a front and a rear, for me! I've got a sheet of urethane coming next week (red)..

STRI are Defi knockoffs, as are what I have: ProSport.

I like my PROSPORTS. so far, anyway
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the STRI's they had on display looked impressive. I really need a BG but I have a hard time dropping the extra money when I know I can get a OEM one for much cheaper. Oh well we will see.

They have the Prosports in stock but have recently began to start carrying STRI's. The STRI's appeared to match the STI's gauges perfectly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast