EXTREMELY SHORT NOTICE: Capitals game tonight! My tickets free! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on EXTREMELY SHORT NOTICE: Capitals game tonight! My tickets free! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Gaza I was surprised at how many Avalanche fans were there. Probably helps that the Aves have ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    I was surprised at how many Avalanche fans were there.
    Probably helps that the Aves have 2 stanley cups under their belts and they've been around a bit longer than the Caps.

With the Redskins as an exception, most Washington sports have a ways to go to establish the kind fan base that other big cities and east coast teams have.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Probably helps that the Aves have 2 stanley cups under their belts and they've been around a bit longer than the Caps.

With the Redskins as an exception, most Washington sports have a ways to go to establish the kind fan base that other big cities and east coast teams have.
    Too bad they stink this year. My Red Wings own everyone.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    Too bad they stink this year. My Red Wings own everyone.
    I'll remember that, Gary, next time I have tickets to give out LOL

Seriously, I go to quite a few games. I've never put skates on my feet, nor really have a desire to at this stage of life. I take too long to heal now.

I didn't take pictures, because I don't have a worthy camera of quality shots, unfortunately. I'm always looking for the stellar deal on a DSLR, though... New or used.. I lust for a dslr camera..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Weasel, can you get the title of this thread changed, to like... NHL hockey thread or something..?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I'll remember that, Gary, next time I have tickets to give out LOL

Seriously, I go to quite a few games. I've never put skates on my feet, nor really have a desire to at this stage of life. I take too long to heal now.

I didn't take pictures, because I don't have a worthy camera of quality shots, unfortunately. I'm always looking for the stellar deal on a DSLR, though... New or used.. I lust for a dslr camera..
    I was referring to the Avalanche.

Let me know if you get any Nationals tickets. LOL. I picked up a Rebel XTI over the summer. I absolutely love it. Although I do want the 5D. That thing takes breath taking pictures.
    -Gary-
    90' DA6
    90' EF

how cute, heather became an av's fan the year they won the stanley cup. Oh and heather, technically the av's have only been around since the 95-96 season. They were the quebec nordiques before that and most quebec fans disassociated themselves when the avs left. They just are popular because they got a bunch of bandwagon fans who saw them win a few stanley cup and they exists everywhere now. Just like theres a bunch of red wings fans everywhere. Av's fans are in any building, when they come to la a bunch of them are around.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

My dad was a huge Gordie Howe fan. No bangwagon here.
    -Gary-
    90' DA6
    90' EF

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    how cute, heather became an av's fan the year they won the stanley cup. Oh and heather, technically the av's have only been around since the 95-96 season. They were the quebec nordiques before that and most quebec fans disassociated themselves when the avs left. They just are popular because they got a bunch of bandwagon fans who saw them win a few stanley cup and they exists everywhere now. Just like theres a bunch of red wings fans everywhere. Av's fans are in any building, when they come to la a bunch of them are around.
    LOL re-read my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    I'm seriously kicking myself. The Avalanche are my FAVORITE FREAKIN TEAM EVER. Since 1995. I have a shirt. lolz.
    I've been a fan since 1995! I liked them at the beginning, before they even won the Stanley Cup (in 1996; and again in 2001). I also own several orignal series McFarlane Avalanche figurines (Bourque, Forsberg, etc.) Joe Sakic is my favorite player and I'm disappointed he was never made into a McFarlane figurine.

And I did make a mistake earlier...the Caps have been around longer than the Aves, I was just confusing my head by bringing in their baseball team.

No bandwagon fan here!!!
    Last edited by Speedette; 01-11-2008 at 10:17 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

1st season they became the avs they won the cup. I remember that year, 4 games only in stanley cup finals against panthers, 4th game went to 3 OT. Good old days (sorta)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123