Stereo improvements?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on Stereo improvements? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Now that I've bought a 2008 WRX, 4D with Premium package, I'm not happy with the sound system. The stock ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    203

    Stereo improvements?

    Now that I've bought a 2008 WRX, 4D with Premium package, I'm not happy with the sound system. The stock Premium sound packages in my Passat and my wife's RAV4 sound MUCH better. Is there anyone recommended in the Gaithersburg area who could tweak my system (new speakers? amp?) to give me around the same quality sound as I'm used to?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User sbzenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    Now that I've bought a 2008 WRX, 4D with Premium package, I'm not happy with the sound system. The stock Premium sound packages in my Passat and my wife's RAV4 sound MUCH better. Is there anyone recommended in the Gaithersburg area who could tweak my system (new speakers? amp?) to give me around the same quality sound as I'm used to?
    now i dont know any shops in Gaithersburg area, but if you want to find good deals on equipment, check out www.crutchfield.com
    They have alot of seasonal sales going on right now. That can take care of your equipment. As far as installation, i don't any shops (but shouldn't be too hard to switch a few speakers on your own) Hope that helps at least a little bit.
    Edit: and they have a live chat session thing that will answer pretty much any questions about A/V

  4. #3
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Better Sound System?



    Why 2 threads?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Better Sound System?



    Why 2 threads?
    Why not?

    Seriously, the organization of this forum makes it tough to figure out where to put things. For WRX-related issues, there appear to be two sections, one dedicated to purchasing a new vehicle (I already have one, as of Saturday) and one dedicated to regional owners (which probably only gets read by people in that region). This issue doesn't really belong in the purchasing section, where it started, but placing it in the regional section means that I won't get the benefit of the experiences of owners through out the rest of the country. I was looking for a section on WRX improvements, which doesn't appear to exist.

  6. #5
    Registered User rex.effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    Seriously, the organization of this forum makes it tough to figure out where to put things. For WRX-related issues, there appear to be two sections, one dedicated to purchasing a new vehicle (I already have one, as of Saturday) and one dedicated to regional owners (which probably only gets read by people in that region). This issue doesn't really belong in the purchasing section, where it started, but placing it in the regional section means that I won't get the benefit of the experiences of owners through out the rest of the country. I was looking for a section on WRX improvements, which doesn't appear to exist.
    try starting from this forum home page, i think you will see more of what you were looking for. there is, indeed, a cockpit & cabin section for these kinds of questions

    for the local shops question, i do not really have an answer for you. i use audio connection in pasadena because my friend works there and if anything went wrong with an install i know he would fix it for me.

    and now, for the jackazz answer to your stereo troubles, go stage 2 and you won't ever listen to your radio again
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

    "Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    try starting from this forum home page, i think you will see more of what you were looking for. there is, indeed, a cockpit & cabin section for these kinds of questions.
    Thanks - I'm heading over.

  8. #7
    Registered User rex.effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    934
    don't get me wrong, i understand the forum layour sucks, but that link is a decent starting point

    ps, don't get flamed for a 3rd thread. post a thread with a link to this thread, or the other one
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

    "Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    ps, don't get flamed for a 3rd thread. post a thread with a link to this thread, or the other one
    NOW you tell me!

  10. #9
    Registered User rex.effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    NOW you tell me!
    haha, i tried
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

    "Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •