Looking for shops
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for shops within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Whats up fellow Mid-Atlantic folks! New guy here, my user name basically says it all.... Anyway, I am ready to ...

Registered User finallygotmyrex's Avatar

Looking for shops

Whats up fellow Mid-Atlantic folks! New guy here, my user name basically says it all.... Anyway, I am ready to star adding mods to my new 03 WRX, but I have no freaking idea of any shops around the way. I am located in NVA, DC area. Anyone know of a shop I could get some upgrades installed???

Also, anyone in my area feel free to give me a shout.
    Last edited by finallygotmyrex; 02-25-2006 at 03:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

not from that area myself ..have some scooby nut mates livin in same areas tho'
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    It all depends on what mods you are planning on. MachV motorsports is in the VA area and they have a decent rep. on nasioc. If you need anything tranny (or anything else subaru) Andrewtech in gaithersburg is very widely used in the area. If it was me I dont think I'd take my car anywhere other then Andrewtech for most everything it would ever need. If your looking for tunning either Phil at Element tunning or TurboXS.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I also highly recommend Andrewtech for getting mods installed. As far as tuning, there's also Agile Automotive in MD. I made the drive there from Richmond.
    05 Protuned CGM STi

Wherever you go, be prepared to spend a lot of $$$$. Most of the bolt on installs (UP, TBE, short shifter/bushings, crank pulley, springs/coilovers, gauges) are fairly sample installs. They require a nominal amout of time for install, and in most cases, a breaker bar, a socket wrench with common metric sockets, screwdrivers, and open-end wrenches are the only tools needed. If you can't find member directions for the install on this board, there are others forums you can read to learn from even more people (see next paragraph). Since you are new to the forum I will give you this heads up: you DON'T need an intake, BOV, or TT. Do a search on the forum and you will find numerous threads explaining why this is . If you are unsure about the abbreviations I used, there is a sticky somewhere on this board that lists all of them. Depending on your mechanical skills, the more complicated installs performed by a shop may be a better idea. Items like EM, certain suspension bushings which require a press to remove and install the bushings, and motor/tranny mounts come to mind when I think of what i will let a shop install for me.

Keep in mind, whatever you decide to do, be sure to read up on here, nasioc.com, and scoobymods.com to research what the gain/bennefit vs cost/labor will run you. You don't need every mod out there. It would bennefit you more to know exactly what it is that you want from your rex. Choosing mods that fit in place with your final "dream" will save you money and stress down the road.

Just my .02, but I hope it helps.

OH!!! And welcome to the board
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Registered User finallygotmyrex's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info peeps, I really appreciate it. My plan will be engine mods first, then maybe suspension and onto body work. I don't want to change the body of my rex much... don't need any extra attention while I'm out driving. I will be doing a lot of research here on the forums and other places before I get the project started.

Anyway, thanks again for the great resources all... See you on the forums.

For me the choice is clear.......Agile Auto in Timonium,MD. There is Andrewtech and Mach V as mentioned above. Extreme PSI in Odenton,MD. There is TurboXS and AMS in Gaithersburg,MD.

Really, all of these shops are competent and do great work. I spent hours talking to Hill at Agile before I chose to go to them. I've been to Hill twice already and will be going back at least once more for my own tuning. I'm also going with 2 other friend of mine who chose Agile after seeing the quality of the work done for my cars tuning.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.