Baltimore Tinting: D&L Tinting

This is a discussion on Baltimore Tinting: D&L Tinting within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anybody around here used D&L Tinting? I'll probably get a tint before summer, and I'm researching now. If anyone knows ...

Question Baltimore Tinting: D&L Tinting

Anybody around here used D&L Tinting? I'll probably get a tint before summer, and I'm researching now. If anyone knows if these guys are pretty good, or if anyone has another suggestion, I'd love to hear it!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

D&L would definitely be my recommended choice of tint installation. They did my RS about two years ago and I'm pleased with the job.

http://dltinting.com

joe

rock on, dude! thanks a lot!

My friend just went to the new store in Towson...I was very disappointed. I have heard so many good things about them, but what I saw on his truck was terrible. There were major pockets of adhesive all over the driver and passenger windows . From his experience alone, I would say skip Towson and drive to White Marsh, or wherever the original location is, and have them do it. I may end up skipping D&L all together and going with another store down in Columbia, I am still not sure. I will check with my friend today to see if he still has the pockets. I will also ask him what they said about fixing it, if he called them.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

White Marsh is the original location. They are located on Rt.40 1 block up from Ebenezer Road and Double T diner.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would like to get my windows done, but I always thought it was better to have it done in spring then winter as it will set up better. I guess you could leave it in a garage all day but I'm not sure. Please follow up with this thread after having it done as I would like to get mine done.

PS...since it appears the only 4-5 people on this forum in baltimore county area posted in this thread......does anyone have plans to go to Agile on the 28 I think it is for the Gadiel tunning session. Agile stated there would be a small meet there and I'm going to attempt to make it, trying to if anyone would be interested in a car pool/caravan from the Carroll County/ West side area of Baltimore. Sorry for the hi-jack.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I would like to get my windows done, but I always thought it was better to have it done in spring then winter as it will set up better. I guess you could leave it in a garage all day but I'm not sure. Please follow up with this thread after having it done as I would like to get mine done.
    From what I was told from the last time I had tint, time of year only matters to the extent that in the winter, you have to keep your windows closed for about a week for the adhesive to fully dry. If you get your tint done in the summer, the adhesive dries faster in the heat and you only need to keep your windows up for a few days. Either way the end result should be the same. Someone correct me if I have been misinformed
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi

PS...since it appears the only 4-5 people on this forum in baltimore county area posted in this thread......does anyone have plans to go to Agile on the 28 I think it is for the Gadiel tunning session. Agile stated there would be a small meet there and I'm going to attempt to make it, trying to if anyone would be interested in a car pool/caravan from the Carroll County/ West side area of Baltimore. Sorry for the hi-jack.
    I haven't had time to get over there and ask any questions, unfortunately. Might be able to make it on Saturday, but I'm not sure. And whenever I have it done, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Re: Agile, I had no idea they were even having a tuning day, and considering that I don't even have my AP yet, I probably will sit this one out. Let me know how it is, though!

Sweet double postage!

I stopped by D&L today, in White Marsh to check them out. Pretty good prices, for sure, and they've got a reasonably nice warranty. More on that in a sec.
    I got to see some of their finished and in-process work while I was there, and despite it being a really disgusting, terribly rainy day, there was obvious care in the work being done.
    The guy said that for those of use who have the "printed" antenna, built into the back windsheild, we pretty much have to go with the 3M (their top of the line) film, because the other brands they have are metal-based, and cause a lot of interference.
    The warranty they offer, for about $60, covers if your window/windshield gets cracked or chipped, they replace the tinting for free. Guaranteed against bubbles and turning purple, etc. Here's the really cool part: if you get a darker-than-legal tint, and you get a "Fix it" order, bring the car in, they'll charge you $60 to take the tint off (as opposed to $100 w/o the warranty) and they'll replace it with 100% legal tint for free.
    All in all, for 20% 3M film, and the warranty, it would come to about $320. I'll probably take them up on that right after I get my AP!

Oh, and for those of you wondering, MD state tint laws are 35% all the way around, apparently.

See they're good aren't they

Yo, fellow Baltimorons

Yo, fellow Baltimorons... thanks for the tips on D&L... I am an infrequent visitor here, but do drop in form time to time. Was thinking about tints, so the tread is helpful. I got a TR with no tint what-so-ever, and I am regretting that I didn't at least get a car with some tint. SO used to having it on other cars I have had, it never occurred to me that this might be a problem.