Need your windshield fixed???

This is a discussion on Need your windshield fixed??? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If you're from this area, you know the damn trucking companies dont cover their cargo and crap always comes flying ...

Need your windshield fixed???

If you're from this area, you know the damn trucking companies dont cover their cargo and crap always comes flying out and causes damage on your vehicle.

I have my own business doing windshield repair if anyone ever needs it. I don't replace them though.

Checkout my site www.pipswindshield.com

If you're a clubwrx member, I'll give ya better pricing than the average customer.

If you guys ever need to have your windshields replaced, please email or pm me and I'll let you know exactly what you should be watching out for.
    Last edited by AFP520; 12-27-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    '14 SWP STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have never heard of this service. What can be done to repair? It seems like insurance companies always want to replace the glass when it get cracked. Are you saying that you can repair all the minor chips from rocks, pebbles, etc?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

- Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    I have never heard of this service. What can be done to repair? It seems like insurance companies always want to replace the glass when it get cracked. Are you saying that you can repair all the minor chips from rocks, pebbles, etc?
    windshield repair has been around since about the late 1970's. chips, stars, bullseyes and cracks are the typical damage that can be repaired on a windshield. I personally do not repair cracks because 1) they take too damn long and 2) after 8 inches, the structural integrity of the windshield has changed so much that even if i attempt to repair it, the damage could spread from the pressure i apply on the windshield..

most insurance companies do not want to replace windshields trust me... they will want it repaired if possible... the average cost of a replacement is around 250-300 depending on the car... wrx's have HUGE windshields so i can imagine the cost of that is quite high... checkout www.89glass.com and get a quote on your car...

windshield repair however is anywhere from 1/3 to 1/4 of the cost of a windshield replacement. if a rock hits your windshield and makes a small break, this is the type of damage that is repairable. but you should do it quickly because it can spread, eventually leading to a windshield replacement. its almost like preventative maintanence. if you know your brakes are shot, isnt it cheaper to replace the pads than wait until they've dug into the rotors and then you end up having to replace those too?

its pretty common sense... the scary part is that 1 out of every 10 cars on the road have some sort of windshield damage... next time your at a parking lot, take a glance at some windshields.. you'll see what i mean
    '14 SWP STI

When I drive at sunset, I can see hundreds, if not a thousands lol, of "speckles" in the glass. Closer examination shows that they are tiny chips in the glass, most likely caused by highway driving. This is one of the repairs covered by the service?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

chips can be easily repaired.. the problem is you wont be happy when i have to charge you $4 a chip. i'd only recommend actually having them repaired if they're eating up your wiper blades... chips do not alter the structural integrity of any windshield, and a perfect example of your case, are simply annoying defects caused by debris...

but yes they can be repaired... if you really want to know how i'd fix it.. get yourself some polarized sunglasses which practically make glare go away for good... almost like fixing those squeeky nuts and bolts on a car... turn the music up louder!
    '14 SWP STI