Silver STi (On bergen BLVD)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

This is a discussion on Silver STi (On bergen BLVD) within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; As I was driving from work yesterday, I passed by a STi Silver, with HKS exhaust, center console gauges, with ...

  1. #1
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222

    Silver STi (On bergen BLVD)

    As I was driving from work yesterday, I passed by a STi Silver, with HKS exhaust, center console gauges, with a charge speed bodykit (looked like, not sure), powder coated or black rims.
    Exact location was on Bergen BLVD, Ridgefield or palisades park, in front of an Exxon Gas station.(Dance School parking space)

    The reason I'm writing is to find out if he is a member from this club, and would like to complement him/her on the car. The car was a beauty. I was wondering if the owner can PM me.
    I needed to know the exact HKS model of his exhaust.

    P.S.
    Can anyone tell me if all the HKS are slightly angled when looking from behind?
    meaning can you see part of the side of the exhaust when looking from behind?
    I love to get that exhaust.

    Steve.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    it's a poor pic of the exhaust.. there's a shadow over the actual canister... the carbon fiber doesnt help either. i have the hks carbon-ti catback on my 04 wrx. angled out and side is visible.

  4. #3
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222
    Thank you so much for the reply.

    Do you happened to know if the HKS Hi flow is going to be angled too?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  5. #4
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva

    Do you happened to know if the HKS Hi flow is going to be angled too?
    If by "Hi flow" you mean Hi Power, then yes it'll will be an angle-out as well. Don't know what your intentions are... if you just want a good lookin/soundin cat-back, the hks is nice, might be a little expensive tho.. if youre going to do a full turbo-back exhaust(uppipe, downpipe, & catback) turbo xs offers a nice angled-out package as well that will save you a few bucks (as opposed to mixing and matching your exhaust together).. u should see decent gains and an easy install with that, simply because all of their components are meant to be ran as a single unit. i love my hks tho.
    mike

  6. #5
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222
    Hey Mike,
    Thanks again for the reply.
    My intentions are performance.
    I am going full turbo back. Up/dp and the catback. I'm thinking of getting some parts mixed. For the Up/Dp i'm going for helix. Cat back i was thinking to get the HKS. (I am a HKS fan) used to have on my other cars. Love the sound.
    I'm aiming for the end of april to get Cobb stage II.
    So Up/Dp and the cat back I should be getting it in feb. or March. and the rest of the upgrades in April.
    By the end of 2006 summer, I will upgrade my turbo, injectors, pump.
    Let me know what you think about this plan. Should I just save up and do it all at once?

    thank you once again
    Steve
    edit: And YES btw, sorry it was the Hi power HKS.

  7. #6
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088

    Thumbs up

    it's a good plan, very similar to mine.. i just completed the same turbo back exhaust. (helix and hks) it runs and sounds awesome. what turbo are you looking to upgrade to? vf34? anyways, i'm getting my fuel pump soon, injectors, vf34 turbo, and cobb stage 2 are all coming at once for me (probably in may), but you can install them as you go if you wish..
    FYI: The turbo will need the fuel pump (recommend walbro), injectors, and some sort of engine managment(Cobb accessport) to run. This is why I'm going to do all these installs together.

    Otherwise, my only other reccomendation would be to intall the catback, uppipe and downpipe all at the same time... I say this because i installed my catback 1st (on its own)and it was ridiculous trying to get the ring gasket off the rear end of the cat. So, if you install all 3 at once, you'll avoid this issue.. good luck man.
    mike

  8. #7
    Moderator MidKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bergen, NJ
    Posts
    4,711
    I Support ClubWRX
    I see subies on bergen boulevard all the time!! I waved at one once and he looked at me weird, probably because I was driving my girlfriends accord! I need to get my car back already!!!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

  9. #8
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I see subies on bergen boulevard all the time!! I waved at one once and he looked at me weird, probably because I was driving my girlfriends accord! I need to get my car back already!!!!
    what happened to your car man?

  10. #9
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222
    Hey Mike,
    Glad to hear that you like it~~ hewwww
    I don't know yet which turbo to choose. Most likely I will go with the VF34/Pink injectors and walbro pump.

    LOL Midknight. sorry to hear about that. I actually did the same, and they just drove pass me. After that, I don't really wave nor hunk at them anymore

    BTW Mike,
    Did you have much problems installing the Up/Dp? Did you do it yourself?
    I was thinking of taking my ride to precision. I hear they do wonders>>

    Steve

  11. #10
    Moderator MidKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bergen, NJ
    Posts
    4,711
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    what happened to your car man?
    It's getting a few "minor" upgrades Keep your eyes peeled for a post in the next week or so
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

  12. #11
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX4eva
    Hey Mike,
    Glad to hear that you like it~~ hewwww
    I don't know yet which turbo to choose. Most likely I will go with the VF34/Pink injectors and walbro pump.

    LOL Midknight. sorry to hear about that. I actually did the same, and they just drove pass me. After that, I don't really wave nor hunk at them anymore

    BTW Mike,
    Did you have much problems installing the Up/Dp? Did you do it yourself?
    I was thinking of taking my ride to precision. I hear they do wonders>>

    Steve
    vf34 is the most prominently used turbo upgrade for those who are looking to gain some exra ponies and still preserve the streetability of your daily driver. its large enough to improve performance, but not to large that you need further supporting mods (internals). its also known for its fast spool up.

    i did the install myself its not bad at all. the full exhaust wasnt a bad install at all.. someone that has minimal knowledge of cars, could probably still get the job done in an hour and a half. just unbolt and rebolt.

    precision is actually right by my house. maybe a 10 minute ride. there are subies in and outta there all the time.. some definately hot rides have passed thru. they do some good work. i would recommend them for your protune or turbo install, but i dont think youre gonna need to much help with the exhaust set up.

  13. #12
    Registered User WRX4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    vf34 is the most prominently used turbo upgrade for those who are looking to gain some exra ponies and still preserve the streetability of your daily driver. its large enough to improve performance, but not to large that you need further supporting mods (internals). its also known for its fast spool up.

    i did the install myself its not bad at all. the full exhaust wasnt a bad install at all.. someone that has minimal knowledge of cars, could probably still get the job done in an hour and a half. just unbolt and rebolt.

    precision is actually right by my house. maybe a 10 minute ride. there are subies in and outta there all the time.. some definately hot rides have passed thru. they do some good work. i would recommend them for your protune or turbo install, but i dont think youre gonna need to much help with the exhaust set up.
    Thanks Mike,
    I was doing some research earlier. Yes, I think I am going with the VF34.
    Exhaust wise, I hate to have exhaust leaks, the sound of the rattle is really annoying.
    Maybe I'll try it myself with some friends. The only part that i'm worried about is the UP.
    Well i'll repost regarding how it came up.
    Once again, thanks guys.
    Steve

  14. #13
    Registered User ASPEN524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,088
    good luck man... as long as u get everything on there nice and tight, you should be fine... i'm leak free since i did it. good luck tho. post up when youre done
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

    HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •