sportshift
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sportshift within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; sigh.. im a noob.. with plenty of questions. who's also disappointed theres no sport shift? im not ready for manual ...

Question sportshift

sigh.. im a noob.. with plenty of questions.

who's also disappointed theres no sport shift? im not ready for manual but i dont want to be stuck with an auto.. i guess theres nothing wrong with 2 wrx's .... or maybe a legacy in the near future.. i cant wait for my 06 wrx.

i read about the extended warranty on the forums.. anyone know how much ill have to shell out for that when I order my 06 wrx? and are mods really warranty friendly in that case? i really want to mod out the car without voiding my warranty.

anyone know of a good dealer near the woodside, ny area?

thanking you guys and girls ahead of time.
    Shouldve bought my WRX sooner, from the bug eyes to the normal look and now.. the alfa romeo wannabe.. why didnt i buy it sooner?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sport Shifts are for girls. Just buy a beater 5 speed and learn with that. You will thank me later.

Modding depends on the dealer and what you are planning to mod. Just use the search and you will find tons of stuff about modding voiding the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    Sport Shifts are for girls. Just buy a beater 5 speed and learn with that. You will thank me later.

Modding depends on the dealer and what you are planning to mod. Just use the search and you will find tons of stuff about modding voiding the warranty.
    what he said
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

im sure someone you know has a shiz car they will let you learn to drive on....you will think you were a f en idiot for saying such a think in a month when you learn.

Talking manual it is

ehh i read the powertrain is in the warranty, ill just get a manual and learn from it and then have them repair it. im pretty sure ill learn it within 100 miles. much cheaper too, ill put the savings into more mods.

but does anyone know a dealer near 11377 that they recommend?
    Shouldve bought my WRX sooner, from the bug eyes to the normal look and now.. the alfa romeo wannabe.. why didnt i buy it sooner?!

that would be dope if the wrx came with paddle shifters. or kinda like the system they use on rally cars
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX06
    ehh i read the powertrain is in the warranty, ill just get a manual and learn from it and then have them repair it. im pretty sure ill learn it within 100 miles. much cheaper too, ill put the savings into more mods.

100 miles of crappy 5 speed driving has the same ammount of wear as 50,000 of good driving, i wouldn't risk it. If your already shelling out all that money for a new car anyway just go for an extra $700 on a junker. In order for you to get good on a 5 speed i know it will take more than 100 miles.

I have heard that a few not so friendly subaru dealers won't honnor your warranty due to driver error or abuse. This is rare though.

Tansmissions aren't the most durable of all things on the WRX either.

I just thought i'd let you know this so that you can get that most out of your new subaru for many years after you buy it with out having to buy 5 tranny's or clutches in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    that would be dope if the wrx came with paddle shifters. or kinda like the system they use on rally cars
    i think there is a thread about this that explains how it works and that it would be way too expensive to have it in street car.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

don't even bother with a beater....rent a car for a few days
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

^ what he said, manual is easy.... just read some online directions, and go test drive a saturn or a cheap car.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.