MD: Shops to install up/down pipes

This is a discussion on MD: Shops to install up/down pipes within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everyone, I've started quoting places to install an up/down pipe on my '03 wrx, and so far one has ...

MD: Shops to install up/down pipes

Hey everyone, I've started quoting places to install an up/down pipe on my '03 wrx, and so far one has quoted me 250 for just the up, and an extra 100 to do the downpipe. I have to buy the up from them, I can't bring in an up (fitment issues), which is fair. I do have a Helix cat-less dp now but I haven't bought an up yet.

Can anyone reccomend a good shop in the MD area to do the up/dn pipes?

TIA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure Agile has the abilty to do a simple up/dp combo they are in cockeysville (i have seen mixed reviews of them on nastysock). TurboXS is in gaithersburg (probaly one of the best places in md to go). But to be honest it's probaly something you can do in your driveway with some handtools and some help. If you want someone a little more local I can recommend a good shop in Manchester, but they are mainly honda/basic maintaince but this would be no trouble for them. The one mech. has a 04 sti and the other guy has a decent looking 04 wrx. Hope this helps.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i just did mine this weekend. i still have my OEM up if you want to gut it yourself. with the right tools/equipment it can be done in a good 3 hours. so let break it down
    OEM uppipe - $25
    Labor - case of beer
    tools/equipment (if not your own) - another 6er
    enjoying the sound of your turbo spooling - priceless
    interested?????
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph
    of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmond Burke
    "I don't think you will"
    05CGMWagon

hahaha, great post 05CGMWagon, that was funny!

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass on the up, for some reason I just don't trust a gutted pipe. I'd rather spend the bucks to get a nice piece. For now I'm just going to install my Helix dp, it's been sitting in a box for months and I can't wait to put it on and flash stage 2. WOOHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe