Front Plate L@@K!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Front Plate L@@K!!! within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just saw this on SQC! Great idea and I really hope it passes. Sign this if you agree. No more ...

Front Plate L@@K!!!

Just saw this on SQC! Great idea and I really hope it passes. Sign this if you agree.
    No more front plate:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/NYSFLPR/petition.html

Post the link on other sites and send to friends.
    Last edited by JBP STI; 08-31-2005 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    If she takes it in the ass and is presentable she's a keeper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

someone start one for NJ!!!!

Eff NJ for now lol, sign this one first...It will be easier for Jersey if NY already has it gone

I Support ClubWRX
    I doubt this will fly.

To: New York State Legislators

We, the Undersigned, petition the State of New York to revoke the current law requiring the display of a front license plate on passenger vehicles.
    We support the current and future licensing fee structure, but ask that the law reflect that a front license plate is no longer required. We believe that there are significant benefits in not requiring front license plates and our reasons for this belief are briefly summarized in the paragraphs below.

First, eliminating the need for a front license plate will significantly reduce the state costs associated with production, storage, and shipping.
    The front and rear plate are the same size, shape, color, and number. The extra cost to produce a second plate at the same time isn't that much

Second, a front license plate restricts the performance of passenger vehicles. Modern cars are no longer being designed with front plates in mind. Installing the mounting brackets that are necessary to hold the plates interfere with the cars' aerodynamics, often get damaged during the car-washing process and also cause a devaluation of Collectors Edition or other such Limited Edition vehicles when required to drill or otherwise modify the front bumper.
    Aerodynamics that only come into play at 100mph and above. All manufacturers make their bumpers to accept front plates. Only car washes can damage it, if you wash it yourself, it won't get damaged.
    Third, unnecessary damage is sustained from minor bumper-to-bumper collisions, because the front mounting brackets on passenger cars can cause cracks and abrasions to the rear bumpers of the cars that they hit.
    Don't hit anybody

Finally, police officers will be more productive in stopping dangerous motor vehicle violations such as drunk driving, reckless driving, speeding, racing, etc., since their time will not be compromised by a New York motorist who simply did not have a front license plate on display.
    Telling them how to delegate an officers time won't get you anywhere.

Law enforcement officials might be opposed to a measure abolishing the front license plate requirement, as they might believe that losing the extra plate will make it more difficult for them to do their jobs in the best possible manner. However, in the 20 or more states that have abolished the front license plate requirement, there is no evidence of a decline in public safety as a result of the plate removal.
    Was the law abolished in those states, or just not there in the first place?

We the Voters and General Public of New York urge you, the law making officials, to remove this law from enforcement. As stated above, there are numerous benefits to no longer requiring a front plate on motor vehicles.

Lastly, We the Voters and General Public of New York are appreciative of the Law Enforcement Officers and Law Making Officials of this great state and will continue to support them in their endeavor to make this state an even better place to live. We hope that we can come to an agreement on this topic that will suit all parties concerned.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Also. I intentionally leave my front plate off. When you get pulled over for a moving violation, they normally give you a ticket for the plate, instead of the offense.

Just signed it. I'm from NY.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Nice..

And this ones for Jersey...:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?njplate

Some states have 12-14k sigs...thats crazy...

trainrex, why wouldnt they just give you tickets for both?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    trainrex, why wouldnt they just give you tickets for both?
    Because I'm nice, courteous, and respectful when I get pulled over.
    I've been issued tickets for an unclear plate, no seat belt when I was wearing one, no front plate, failure to make repairs on blinkers when they did work, and other bullshyt excuses for tickets. Every time it was a favor from the cops. They gave me a BS ticket instead of a moving violation. No points = favor. Every time I deserved the moving violation, and didn't get it. Most cops will give you a break if they can find a BS ticket to give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Because I'm nice, courteous, and respectful when I get pulled over.
    I've been issued tickets for an unclear plate, no seat belt when I was wearing one, no front plate, failure to make repairs on blinkers when they did work, and other bullshyt excuses for tickets. Every time it was a favor from the cops. They gave me a BS ticket instead of a moving violation. No points = favor. Every time I deserved the moving violation, and didn't get it. Most cops will give you a break if they can find a BS ticket to give you.
    yeah, what if you get a cop whos not having a good day?

lol

and have you ever been pulled over specifically for the plate?

signed.

Like Trainey said, not likely gonna happen though

my car didn't come with pilot holes for the license plate. MA requires them, but i told the dealer not to drill them in.

edit: i also got my sticker without them. i think i just found my new yearly registration spot. lol

i would get one of those plate covers that say wrx, but the cops here in nj suck
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    yeah, what if you get a cop whos not having a good day?

lol

and have you ever been pulled over specifically for the plate?
    I've been pulled over by mean cops, and yes, I've been pulled over just for the plate. I've been pulled over more times that I can remember. It's really not a big deal. People freak out about it too much.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I've been pulled over by mean cops, and yes, I've been pulled over just for the plate. I've been pulled over more times that I can remember. It's really not a big deal. People freak out about it too much.
    I used to drive around the rex with no plate. For like 6 months I didnt get caught. I put the plate on the front and guess what? I get pulled over, the cop goes you have no front plate, steps in front of my car and looks. An goes sorry you do! I took it off then and just recently put it back on.
    Cops shouldnt care so much, but I think its a good idea now since so many wrx's get stolen in this great state (haha).
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    OMG everybody is embarrassed about their 75month thread bump! Screw it, I'll bump it!

Sooooo I guess the petition didn't work. Not a big surprise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.