MD: Utec help available
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on MD: Utec help available within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I can road tune UTECs for people if anyone wants some help getting their maps setup before they hit the ...

MD: Utec help available

I can road tune UTECs for people if anyone wants some help getting their maps setup before they hit the dyno. I have a wideband and have experience on both my setup (built 2.5 w/Spec C heads, SZ49) and on stock turbo setups in both WRX and STi's...I can also troubleshoot problems and do stage 4 installs. I'm in annapolis and until my new car is finished up I'm pretty much stuck here... PM me if you're in the area and want/need any help with anything. I miss working on subies since I crashed my car in June and now that I'm at school would love to help any local wrx/sti owners get the most out of their cars...

~Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    What's your new project look like? Im sad your old one is gone, I remember seeing it at Precision and that was one heck of a suby.
    Bump for a good guy!
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

It's black, and has 6 turbocharged inline cylinders...the rest shall be a mystery until I have numbers to back it up...

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    It's black, and has 6 turbocharged inline cylinders...the rest shall be a mystery until I have numbers to back it up...
    Hmm, sounds good. Keep us updated.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Tim installed my turbo, injectors, TGV deletes, ect..... and tuned my car on a couple of occasions. I highly recommend him.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Tim's a neat guy!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I can road tune UTECs for people if anyone wants some help getting their maps setup before they hit the dyno. I have a wideband and have experience on both my setup (built 2.5 w/Spec C heads, SZ49) and on stock turbo setups in both WRX and STi's...I can also troubleshoot problems and do stage 4 installs. I'm in annapolis and until my new car is finished up I'm pretty much stuck here... PM me if you're in the area and want/need any help with anything. I miss working on subies since I crashed my car in June and now that I'm at school would love to help any local wrx/sti owners get the most out of their cars...

~Tim
    Can you help me install a utec on my 06 STi pretty please? thanks

Would love to....shoot me a PM and we'll set something up. Do you have any other mods?
    Last edited by Timdog1650; 10-05-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Would love to....shoot me a PM and we'll set something up. Do you have any other mods?
    This is my very first wrx and this will be my first mod, I have looked around and I cant seem to find a decent tuner around here in MD.What other mods do you suggest? I can start buyin it all so when we meet up ,you can point me to the right direction. I know you are the best, thanks for your reply. where exactly in MD are you? thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for Tim. Good guy, very knowledgeable.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by xjetx
    This is my very first wrx and this will be my first mod, I have looked around and I cant seem to find a decent tuner around here in MD.What other mods do you suggest? I can start buyin it all so when we meet up ,you can point me to the right direction. I know you are the best, thanks for your reply. where exactly in MD are you? thanks again

Thanks dude, I'm by no means "the best" but I know what I'm doing. If you want the best, call turboxs in Gaithersburg, MD. They're the best and will probably give you the best tune in the maryland area...but you'll pay for the best tune.

If I were you, I would install the UTEC, a catless turboback exhaust such as the TurboXS, Invidia, or Helix. That right there with some custom tuning will put you at maybe a hair over 300whp, probably about 320wtq at about 19psi of boost. Unless you're planning on going with a bigger turbo or pulling apart your engine bay left and right, I can't imagine a more streetable fun setup for an STi. The next step up in performance from there would be a bigger turbo and injectors, but believe me when I tell you you'll be VERY happy with just a turboback exhaust and UTEC tune....I've seen that setup beat zO6's from a stop and a roll...it's intense. I can install all of those parts for you, it's very easy and brings the car to life. I'm in Annapolis at the Naval Academy btw...

~Tim

Thanks dude, I'm by no means "the best" but I know what I'm doing. If you want the best, call turboxs in Gaithersburg, MD. They're the best and will probably give you the best tune in the maryland area...but you'll pay for the best tune.

If I were you, I would install the UTEC, a catless turboback exhaust such as the TurboXS, Invidia, or Helix. That right there with some custom tuning will put you at maybe a hair over 300whp, probably about 320wtq at about 19psi of boost. Unless you're planning on going with a bigger turbo or pulling apart your engine bay left and right, I can't imagine a more streetable fun setup for an STi. The next step up in performance from there would be a bigger turbo and injectors, but believe me when I tell you you'll be VERY happy with just a turboback exhaust and UTEC tune....I've seen that setup beat zO6's from a stop and a roll...it's intense. I can install all of those parts for you, it's very easy and brings the car to life. I'm in Annapolis at the Naval Academy btw...

~Tim
    I called turboXS and man oh man, 250 an hour? shoot they make more money than my lawyer.. just kidding.. I`m getting a utec from importboost and the turboback - hmm, still cant find the right one. i`ll do some more reading ( here and on nasoic ) maybe i`ll find out if the o5 catbacks will fit my 06. Thing is I have this rear diffuser and that kinda gets in the way. Oh well - thanks for all the tips. will let you know when I got it all.

Sounds good...that diffuser is going to require a special catback for sure I personally like the turboxs stealthback, that's like my number 1 choice for exhaust these days...it's definately pricey though...

~Tim

YO Tim!

I'm working with an 02 WRX, many mods and a UTEC. I can't seem to get my labtop linked up with my UTEC. I'm looking for some help....ie. someone with a laptop and experience tuning the UTEC. I wanna get my stock and staged maps set up. I priced having TXS dyno tune and I was looking at nearly $1k. Give me a shout, I'de appreciate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast