MD: Utec help available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on MD: Utec help available within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Tim I just bought the utec from importboost, it`s on its way. Yeah I saw that stealthback and it sure ...

utec on its way

Tim I just bought the utec from importboost, it`s on its way. Yeah I saw that stealthback and it sure is pretty, Too pricey but beautiful. I`m surfing the threads maybe I can find a decent exhaust that can pass emissions and give me more power. give me one more week and I`ll be all set. I have to buy gauges too.. I need those right? Thanks a lot Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

guages are good...boost, oil pressure, egt to start. They're not totally necessary for a good tune, since UTEC shows you all that information anyway through the dashboard feature...but it will give you piece of mind knowing that it's all there in front of you to monitor when you're having fun with your car.

Silversurfer, I'd be more than happy to help you out with whatever you need...PM me with your schedule.

~Tim

If I get the turboXS stealth with cat, will I pass emission inspec? You think it can be installed on an 06 STi? I will also get the catted downpipe from XS

not sure what combinations help you pass emissions...I'm sure that if you have 1 cat and tuning, you can do it, the question is "what catalyzers are used in this exhaust" I'm not familiar enough with catted exhaust to know what works in what state....I was always catless

Tim I installed a stealthback from txs and I used my stock mufflers, all my lights ( check engine/cruise control ) are flashing like crazy. I did reset the ecu once but i`m not going to do it again,this is one big mess I got myself into. TXS will be taken off on saturday I cant stand it.
    Anyone in MD needs a TXS stealthback? pm me 499 used for 2 days local pick up only

? If you remove cats you'll get a check engine light. If your check engine light is on, I believe your cruise control light also flashes. This is something specific to the STi....if that's what's bothering you, you probably should take the stuff off, but nothing is wrong with your car, it is natural to have a flashing cruise control light and a check engine light....

Thanks again for the assistance tuning my UTEC. I'm heading to Capital Raceway tonight to see what the gains are.
    On a side note, Im noticing spiking over 18psi flat out in 4th. Should I bring down the boost with the manual controller or would it be better to bring it back and adjust the maps?
    Im not reaching fuel cut but over 18psi isnt good for the stock turbo either.

Turn it down like a turn and a half on the ABC, your map is setup right, you just need to dial back the boost controller to prevent that high gear boost spiking. That thign sucks anyway, they're such a pita to use

Maybe 2 turns if it's going that high in fourth gear...

Thanks. I'll do that. I'll let you know how things went at the track. Hoping for much better times.

13.702@98mph. There was an improvement of a tenth possibly more since I had to battle with the ABC. I'm sure i can get 13.6 or better since I was conservative with the boost. Thanks again.

I <3 Tim
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I've got a couple of quick tricks I can put in there to solve a couple of your problems if you want...I'll take care of that boosting issue if you wanna arrange to come back up at some point...no charge of course, I'll just straighten that out since I'm not happy with the fact that you can't get your boost right.

Just give me a call/PM or something.
    ~Tim

Cool. I'll have to see if I'm working this weekend. If I'm not, is your schedule free this Sat? I'll bring my labtop also and see if we cant sort out the hyperterminal issues.
    02 WRX (Wanna be C Spec)
    Platinum Silver
    13.70s@98.58mph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast