Anyone know anything about insurance?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone know anything about insurance? within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just got a speeding ticket for 40 in a 30. It's a pretty low speed, I know, but my ...

I just got a speeding ticket for 40 in a 30. It's a pretty low speed, I know, but my parents will flip a **** if my insurance goes up.

I know I'm under Allstate. I'm an 18yr old male. Insurance hike?
    (it's my first ticket)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only thing I know is that I think your insurance will go up. Sorry.

Go to court and fight it.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

im an allstate agent if u have the option to go to traffic school take it because only then will the ticket be stricken from the record even if u go to court it will still be on your record (in illinois)
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

Quote Originally Posted by FASICZKA
    im an allstate agent if u have the option to go to traffic school take it because only then will the ticket be stricken from the record even if u go to court it will still be on your record (in illinois)
    well, i plan on going to court and fighting it, so hopefully the charge will be lessened. However, if it's not, how much will my insurance go up?

I mean, I heard that your first ticket doesn't count, but I guess I've been listening to the wrong people...

it depends on the state but since you are under 21 just bite the bullet and go to the 4 hours class at least the ticket will definately not go on your record hope that helps
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Only thing I know about insurance is that a 2005 Corvette is cheaper to insure than a 2003 WRX... go figure!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

well when your shopping for cars the rarer the car the cheaper the insurance for example a civic ex would probably be double the price of a wrx but as more wrxs are purchased the higher the premium goes.......so we should blame all the wrx owners on clubwrx for buying the same car because are premiums are going up
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX

i know that most times the insurance companies dont know anything unless you give them a reason to (like being late or reporting it etc).

my license was suspended umpteen times in pennsylvania and they never found out. but if i would hav egotten into an accident, made a claim, or was late on paying they would have found out.

diff company but its my understanding thats pretty much how it works. if they hav eno reason to check most times they wont.

Quote Originally Posted by FASICZKA
    well when your shopping for cars the rarer the car the cheaper the insurance for example a civic ex would probably be double the price of a wrx but as more wrxs are purchased the higher the premium goes.......so we should blame all the wrx owners on clubwrx for buying the same car because are premiums are going up
    Bull-Own-EE

My fn 92X is making me pay out the face.

Im really trying hard to not leave allstate but I dont know whatelse I can do, its over $350/month with them and theres only 7k of my cars on the road.

Booooooo
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STI4theSlowGuy
    Bull-Own-EE

I agree, FASICZKA didn't you say you work for an insurance company...?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Registered User silver_rex_4eat's Avatar

i dont agree either...

I am no insurance agent but i do know this. Where you live in the country, rate of theft on automobile, age, tickets and violations and sex and amount of coverage play a part in how much each of us pay for insurance along with the type of car we insure. Now i dont agree a honda civic will be more to insure because they are more common. First replacement parts are a dime a dozen on civics. Also they are slower than a wrx.
    I believe the number one thing that will cause wrx and sti to increase to insure is theft rate. There are parts in new jersey that you cannot park a wrx or it will be stolen. So to insure a wrx or sti in new jersey will be alot higher than say oregon or idaho with all other factors the same.

Its hard to really answer the original question at hand because every state is different on how they do things.

Hopefully everything will be ok. We all have gotten a speeding ticket or two one point or another. Knock on wood i got busted last summer for doing 110 in 65 and officer wrote actual speed 85+ on ticket. IT says on back of ticket if you pay the fine no points will be on your license so i just payed it since iw as guilty as hell. My insurance company renewed my policy this spring and the rate is the same. I am 32yrs old and married, i dont know if that matters to the insurance company.

chris
    Eibach pro kit, Progress adjustable rear sway bar, helix spherical endlinks, noltec steering rack bushing, 17x7.5 bronze rota tarmac 2 wrapped 225/45/17 yokohama avs es 100, racing brake front rotors, carbotech bobcats front pads, goodrigde ss brake lines, turbo xs axle back, turbo xs type h bov, silencer removal, k and n panel filter, painted blue calipers, and optimum blue top battery, sylvania silverstar headlights and rally lights.

well, I know in Maine they don't check yr record unless you have a claim or whatnot. But I'd go to court and try to deal w/ the DA before the judge gets in there. I did that for my (first) excessive exahust noise ticket, and he cut the fine in half. So go talk to him/her on the day of the hearing, and see what they say and like FASICZKA said try to take a class as part of yr punishment... you may make it out of it pretty cheap....and if the officer doesn't show up..you get out scott free....(atleast in Maine)

yes i do work for an insurance company,sti the slow guy how many cars are you insuring with allstate and how old are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I agree, FASICZKA didn't you say you work for an insurance company...?

2002 WRB 4EAT WRX

KC1
    And now I move it to MidAtlantic because the original poster is so worried about his insurance he failed to realize that New York isn't a part of New England.
    --'04 Mazda RX-8 (Sold the wagon)
    http://www.rallydecals.com
    2003 SCCA Solo-II and ProSolo STX National Champ
    Mazda Rev-It-Up 2004 New York/2003 Boston City Winner
    Wanna Race? http://www.ner.org - Learn how to turn.

some info from the ins field in NY

in NY: (and some general info as far as ins stuff correct me if I'm wrong I have the NYAIP manual next to me but to lazy to quote from it yet..unless I'm wrong)
    **talk to the DA, a first offense will normally be knocked down to a none moving violation(no points) and a fine.
    **Allstate in NY will run your license on a 6 month/1 year/5 year basis depending on standing in the voluntary market.
    however at the age of 18 I would assume that you are with Allstate fire&casualty which is a subsidary in the assigned risk market.(I work for the largest assigned risk ins company in NY).
    **If you do get points on your license you can take the six hour defensive driving course(NY) and have points removed from your license but the ticket will remain in the system and can be charged upon for up to 36-39 months depending on ins company. the only point of the point reduction is so that your license will not be suspended if you reach 12 points. also the course can only be taken once every 18 months at an average cost of $40.
    **as far as the first ticket not counting that usually is in the case of minor infractions not speeding tickets. and that is usually based on people with clean records and is at the discretion of the ins company and their own policies.
    ** ins rates are based on elventybillion factors...
    first although we make think that our cars are sports cars and fast the ins company has a calculation as far as hp/weight ratio is concerned and are cars do not fall into the category of performance surcharge(my policy doesn't say it)(it will tell you if it does get the surcharge.
    price for all your liability coverages will be based on the area you live in as well as previous numbers paid out in claims involving your car(no.. not you specifically) and safety ratings as well as a host of other information ie how many miles you put on your car, drive back and forth to work, how many miles that is...etc
    as far as comp and collision prices are concerned are based and can be played with depending on your deductible(ie...the more the deductible the less premium you pay cause its less the ins company has to pay)this is also were cost and availability of parts comes into play as well as well as were you live and rates of your car being stolen.
    **price of an insurance increase is unable to be quoted...that is something specific to only your policy and your company...there is absolutely no way you can possibly compare any policy to anybody elses policy.

..it's the law do disclose all info as far as rating is concerned just pick up your policy and it will spell it all out for you...you just have to read

****anybody have any specific questions just pm me and I'll get the correct info for ya(NY ONLY)and nobody asking for their license to be run cause it costs us $5 to do it so sorry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.