May Day's TSD Road Rally @ Morristown, NJ May 22

This is a discussion on May Day's TSD Road Rally @ Morristown, NJ May 22 within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Date: May 22nd Place: Morristown, NJ Time-Speed-Distance Road Rally hosted by the same folks who run the annual Pine Barrens ...

May Day's TSD Road Rally @ Morristown, NJ May 22

Date: May 22nd
    Place: Morristown, NJ

Time-Speed-Distance Road Rally hosted by the same folks who run the annual Pine Barrens Express, one of the greatest TSDs on the East Coast. I'll be there in the WRX, so hope to see you guys there.

Flyer: http://www.rvscc.com/SR2005FLY.pdf

-Chris
    Last edited by fengshui; 05-15-2005 at 10:47 AM.
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump! This is happening this weekend and I hope to see Subies represent at the Rally!

-Chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

i wanna go but i have some questions:

~can u just pay the $25 at the door?

~what type of roads are these? anything professional and i'm screwed. i just want to have some spirited driving in a safe manner. i already know i'm going to lose and i don't care, i just want to have fun.

~are helmets provided or will i have to buy one? is there anything else i need installed on the car?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Lemme try my best to answer these:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i wanna go but i have some questions:

~can u just pay the $25 at the door?

Absolutely, but for certain events like the PBX (one of the most popular in the USA), pre-registration will guarantee you a slot if too many people want to run it. Most rallies allow up to 50-75 competitors and after that you are out of luck. So it always helps to pre-reg, and can save up to $10 sometimes.

~what type of roads are these? anything professional and i'm screwed. i just want to have some spirited driving in a safe manner. i already know i'm going to lose and i don't care, i just want to have fun.

Road Rallying is conducted AT or BELOW the given speed limits for the roads you are driving on. Meaning, the route instructions might have you going 45 on a 45mph road or 35 on the same road. The whole point of road rallying is to arrive to hidden checkpoints, in the course of following the route instructions, on time. Any deviation from being on-time will net you points. Like golf, the lowest # of points wins. Short rallies may have 10 checkpoints, while some I have done have > 20. Most Road Rallies I do are "brisk" and the speeds are kept high for the fun factor (making 90 degree turns at speed to stay on time). You WILL DEFINTIELY have fun road rallying!!!

~are helmets provided or will i have to buy one? is there anything else i need installed on the car?

No need for helmets as the speeds <= Posted Speed limits. You should bring a stopwatch, a clipboard, a flashlight for reading the instructions at night, and a navigator (duh!)
    Good site for reference: http://www.goss.com/rrhchap1.htm

tan
    can't find a nav....guess I'll meet you and Jim at the bar in Long Valley

Tan, I may be able to find you a driver/nav. A guy I met autocrossing said he wanted to compete. Not sure if he has a nav but ill set it up via email and you can ask him.

-Chris

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Went there and had a great time, cant wait to do some autocross and the pine barrens road rally coming up
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

tan
    .....and Chris got lost on the way home

2nd Overall and 2nd in Seat-of-the-Pants Class. Awesome finish to a short but very sweet rally. Best part was being 1 minute late at one point and making it up on the very best set of roads. Raritian Valley Sports Car Club knows how to put on a sweet road rally. I encourage anyone in the tri-state area to attend one of their next events.

-Chris
    Last edited by fengshui; 05-22-2005 at 04:00 PM.