Want to Plan a Get-Together.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Want to Plan a Get-Together.... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rolzrex Mastershake- Josh and I have both installed all our parts (exept he installed his sti injectors, ...

Quote Originally Posted by rolzrex
    Mastershake- Josh and I have both installed all our parts (exept he installed his sti injectors, and I didnt feel comfortable doing that yet, so I took it to the dealer, but dont tell anyone ). Anyway, Id be happy to help you out with some installs. When you say stg 3, what parts are you talking? bigger turbo, injectors, EM, tbe, front mount? Im just wondering cuz I have the COBB stage "2.5" with the Accessport on my wagon and thats vf34 turbo, sti inj., tbe, and EM (the accessport). By the way, I highly recommend COBB to any subaru owner. great products, great customer service!
    Boost creep-what does that mean? is that like boost spiking? sorry, Ill have to get back to you about that!
    Bye the way, theres an import car show up at state college next weekend. I know its kind of a hike, but I thought it would be fun to line up some subies to all drive up together
    What city is the college located at?
    1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its in state college, Pa. you take I-15 north to harrisburg, then jump on 322 and that goes right into state college (its where Penn state main campus is) tell all your friends with subies!

its in state college, Pa. you take I-15 north to harrisburg, then jump on 322 and that goes right into state college (its where Penn state main campus is) tell all your friends with subies!
    Where about is it in PA? I have parents that live in Wilmington, DE and from there 322 is about .5hr away going towards West Chester.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

look at a map of pa. now from Harrisburg follow 322 north-west until you see state college. where will you be driving from?

look at a map of pa. now from Harrisburg follow 322 north-west until you see state college. where will you be driving from?
    I'd be coming from Frederick, MD. Western MD.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

nice dude-well if you decide to come we can meet in emmitsburg..right on the way for both of us..you know mastershake too right? tell him to roll up too!

nice dude-well if you decide to come we can meet in emmitsburg..right on the way for both of us..you know mastershake too right? tell him to roll up too!
    Yeah, I know MasterShake from a few jobs I used to work at. What part of MD are you in?
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

Mastershake- Josh and I have both installed all our parts (exept he installed his sti injectors, and I didnt feel comfortable doing that yet, so I took it to the dealer, but dont tell anyone ). Anyway, Id be happy to help you out with some installs. When you say stg 3, what parts are you talking? bigger turbo, injectors, EM, tbe, front mount? Im just wondering cuz I have the COBB stage "2.5" with the Accessport on my wagon and thats vf34 turbo, sti inj., tbe, and EM (the accessport). By the way, I highly recommend COBB to any subaru owner. great products, great customer service!
    Boost creep-what does that mean? is that like boost spiking? sorry, Ill have to get back to you about that!
    Bye the way, theres an import car show up at state college next weekend. I know its kind of a hike, but I thought it would be fun to line up some subies to all drive up together
    im installing the turboxs stage 3 upgrades. turboxs stealthback exhaust, erz uppipe, hyperflow tmic. boost creep and spiking pretty much the same thing. did u hav spiking with cobb stage 2??? this saturday i think im goin2 install my turboxs stealthback and maybe port my wastegate so i can at least turn up the utec to stage 2. my uppipe wont be here till monday so i cant switch to the turboxs stage 3 till i get that installed. suks the hyperflow tmic looks sick. i wanna put it in now. hopefully if it doesnt rain early saturday ill start working on my car so u guys are welcome to stop by. if ur interested just pm me for directions. when is the car show at state college???

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    im installing the turboxs stage 3 upgrades. turboxs stealthback exhaust, erz uppipe, hyperflow tmic. boost creep and spiking pretty much the same thing. did u hav spiking with cobb stage 2??? this saturday i think im goin2 install my turboxs stealthback and maybe port my wastegate so i can at least turn up the utec to stage 2. my uppipe wont be here till monday so i cant switch to the turboxs stage 3 till i get that installed. suks the hyperflow tmic looks sick. i wanna put it in now. hopefully if it doesnt rain early saturday ill start working on my car so u guys are welcome to stop by. if ur interested just pm me for directions. when is the car show at state college???
    I dunno what I'm doing this weekend yet. My grandmother's in the hospital, so I may end up having to run up to Delaware to visit her. She's not doing too well, and considering she's 93 yrs old, she's probably on her last legs, so to speak. It sucks.

If I don't go, and weather-permitting, I'll be more than happy to stop by for a few, Jeremy. Just PM me directions.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

sorry to hear bout ur grandmother dan that suks. ill pm u directions just in case. rolzrex if u want them to just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    sorry to hear bout ur grandmother dan that suks. ill pm u directions just in case. rolzrex if u want them to just let me know.
    Thanks, man. I came home from my honeymoon and found out while I was gone that she ended up in the hospital because she wasn't eating, and was losing a lot of weight. Apparently her esophogaus isn't working the way it's supposed to. Shecan't swallow more than like 3 pieces of food without hurling it back up. She's been doing slightly better for this past few days, but she's probably going to have to have a feeding tube insertion.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

bad wrx sti- sorry to hear about your grandmother, I wish the best for her. Im not actually from MD, Im from fairfield, Pa but thats only about 10 min. from Emmitsburg, MD so its easy to meet there if we do.
    mastershake-the car show is next weekend (21st & 22nd). I didnt have boost skiking until I upgraded to stg 2.5, now I have it from time to time. I lived in Utah all winter & when I drove back to pa (lower elevation) about 1/2 way through the trip I had spikes so high I overboosted once. pretty scary feeling if youve never felt it before-your car pretty much loses all power. way to fix it- I would say electronic boost controller or adequate tuning of your ECU. my ecu's parameters were set at about 12k feet, so when I came back to pa of coarse it was confused! so your stg 3 keeps the stock turbo? what about a downpipe or injectors?

now that I read the whole thing i can answear better.

the STI's have a much larger problem with boost creep, 04's and 05's alike. If you get a downpipe you will creep. that's pretty much the general consensous. This can be fixed with either using a catted downpipe, or the HKS downpipe. My friend uses the HKS, which is highly regarded as a piece of crap, because it doesn't flow the best. But it puts enough pressure behind the wastegate to keep it working properly. I'm using Cobb stage 2 on my car, and if you have any questions I can answear them, it's a very good program if you want extra power and don't want to tune. The maps aren't aggresive enough to cause engine problems, but my car runs like a champ. Being that I'm a stage 2 wrx, and I'm planning to go back to the track and break into 12's next time. I got a 13.2 the first time around, with what I think is a poor 60ft time. I have better tires and a little different setup.
    So I would look into cobb, my friend has a utec on his STI and wants to switch to cobb.

Boost controllers on WRX's are a bad Idea, especially if you don't know what you are doing, it's probably the single worst mod any one could do to a turbo car in general, unless you know how it affects the car. sometimes they are needed with Utecs to acheive the boost you want because a utec can't controll the wastegate through the ECU like cobb can.

Spiking is when you initially hit the pedal and the boost pressure goes above the desired level do to the wastegate not reacting fast enough.

Creeping is when you are completely on the throttle, usually in a higher gear, and you achieve your maximum boost but then "creep" higher due to the wastegate not letting enough exhaust out.

and I may also be going to the car show at state college.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

bad wrx sti- sorry to hear about your grandmother, I wish the best for her. Im not actually from MD, Im from fairfield, Pa but thats only about 10 min. from Emmitsburg, MD so its easy to meet there if we do.
    mastershake-the car show is next weekend (21st & 22nd). I didnt have boost skiking until I upgraded to stg 2.5, now I have it from time to time. I lived in Utah all winter & when I drove back to pa (lower elevation) about 1/2 way through the trip I had spikes so high I overboosted once. pretty scary feeling if youve never felt it before-your car pretty much loses all power. way to fix it- I would say electronic boost controller or adequate tuning of your ECU. my ecu's parameters were set at about 12k feet, so when I came back to pa of coarse it was confused! so your stg 3 keeps the stock turbo? what about a downpipe or injectors?
    Thanks for the good wishes, Rolzrex. I myself had quite the scare today as well. I was coasting into the space in front of my home in Neutral, and going pretty slow. I had the DCCD set in "manual mode," and had my wheel turned prettymuch as far as it could turn, and all of a sudden I heard this loud knocking sound, and a bit of jerking coming from the awd system. I quickly referred to the owners' manual to see if I was not supposed to have the DCCD in "manual mode" at slow speeds, and I came upon a paragraph that stated that there was not a problem with the AWD system, and this was normal operation for the STi's AWD. Nonetheless, the action was very disconcerting. I was pretty paranoid about it, so I called the stealership, and they advised me as well that this is normal operation for the asymetrical AWD. The first times I noticed it were today, but then again, today was also the first time I actually used the "manual mode." The first time it happened, I just thought that maybe one of the wheels slipped on some pebbles on the road.

That sound sucks. It's very disconcerting.

Anyhow, it would definitely be cool to meet up some time. None of us seem to be too far away from eachother.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    now that I read the whole thing i can answear better.

the STI's have a much larger problem with boost creep, 04's and 05's alike. If you get a downpipe you will creep. that's pretty much the general consensous. This can be fixed with either using a catted downpipe, or the HKS downpipe. My friend uses the HKS, which is highly regarded as a piece of crap, because it doesn't flow the best. But it puts enough pressure behind the wastegate to keep it working properly. I'm using Cobb stage 2 on my car, and if you have any questions I can answear them, it's a very good program if you want extra power and don't want to tune. The maps aren't aggresive enough to cause engine problems, but my car runs like a champ. Being that I'm a stage 2 wrx, and I'm planning to go back to the track and break into 12's next time. I got a 13.2 the first time around, with what I think is a poor 60ft time. I have better tires and a little different setup.
    So I would look into cobb, my friend has a utec on his STI and wants to switch to cobb.

Boost controllers on WRX's are a bad Idea, especially if you don't know what you are doing, it's probably the single worst mod any one could do to a turbo car in general, unless you know how it affects the car. sometimes they are needed with Utecs to acheive the boost you want because a utec can't controll the wastegate through the ECU like cobb can.

Spiking is when you initially hit the pedal and the boost pressure goes above the desired level do to the wastegate not reacting fast enough.

Creeping is when you are completely on the throttle, usually in a higher gear, and you achieve your maximum boost but then "creep" higher due to the wastegate not letting enough exhaust out.

and I may also be going to the car show at state college.
    If I chose to go with a downpipe on my 05 STi, I would most definitely go with a catted one, as I wouldn't have any issues with emissions, come that time. With the Cobb AccessPORT, is the program aggressive enough that it will cause premature wear on the turbo, or cause other issues? I know that with running higher boost, the turbo will probably also get a little bit hotter, and I don't want to have the #3 cylinder go because of added heat.

Basically, I just want something to plug in, be done with, and still have factory-reliable fun.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast