Want to Plan a Get-Together.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Want to Plan a Get-Together.... within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; nice blue with gold wheels was a good choice. so howve u been??? i got a sweet deal on a ...

nice blue with gold wheels was a good choice. so howve u been??? i got a sweet deal on a 2002 midnight black pearl wrx sedan. it had 40,000 miles on it and i got it for $16,000 so i ditched the civic. i just got ups tracking # for my erz uppipe it might not make it here for the weekend. suks. plus weather forcast says may be thunderstorms this weekend, so i dont know if ill get to put my parts on may havto wait for the uppipe. maybe ill just try to port my exhaust manifold or wastegate. still we should try to plan a local get together sometime soon. on nasioc.com they hav a big meet almost everymonth in mt airy but i havnt made it out to one yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    nice blue with gold wheels was a good choice. so howve u been??? i got a sweet deal on a 2002 midnight black pearl wrx sedan. it had 40,000 miles on it and i got it for $16,000 so i ditched the civic. i just got ups tracking # for my erz uppipe it might not make it here for the weekend. suks. plus weather forcast says may be thunderstorms this weekend, so i dont know if ill get to put my parts on may havto wait for the uppipe. maybe ill just try to port my exhaust manifold or wastegate. still we should try to plan a local get together sometime soon. on nasioc.com they hav a big meet almost everymonth in mt airy but i havnt made it out to one yet.
    Sounds like a plan. It would be pretty cool to get somethin' goin' in the area.

I know of another guy in the area you might know as well, from working at Debtworks/Ballenger Group. He's got a silver 2.5RS with painted-black BBS wheels. His name's PJ. Do you know him? I'm sure he'd be up for a GTG some time as well. His cousin is on some site called www.itsjustatheory.com, and from what I understand, he's got a pretty badass STi. I'll try to get a hold of PJ.

When and where is the NASIOC meet? I'd be interested in going this month if it hasn't happened yet.
    1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

dan- ill post when the nasioc meet in mt airy is coming up. u can also check for it on the nasioc local board. would be nice if a couple of us could meet up and head to that together.

rolzrex- we should deff get together sometime. sometime soon ill be installin my stage 3 mods and suspension. if either of u 2 hav done these mods urself it would help me out a lot to hav someone there thats done it b4 just to giv pointers. do either of u hav boost creep with ur stage 2/3 setups? either of u ported ur wastegate??? im using a utec for EM and im wonderin if i should port my wastegate 2 avoid having to tune around the creep.

dan- ill post when the nasioc meet in mt airy is coming up. u can also check for it on the nasioc local board. would be nice if a couple of us could meet up and head to that together.

rolzrex- we should deff get together sometime. sometime soon ill be installin my stage 3 mods and suspension. if either of u 2 hav done these mods urself it would help me out a lot to hav someone there thats done it b4 just to giv pointers. do either of u hav boost creep with ur stage 2/3 setups? either of u ported ur wastegate??? im using a utec for EM and im wonderin if i should port my wastegate 2 avoid having to tune around the creep.
    Sounds cool, Jeremy. It would definitely be cool to get a caravan and go to the NASIOC show.

Jeremy, regarding boost creep, I don't know if the wastegate on the WRX is the same as on the STi, but I believe the STi's wastegate is good for about 17lbs of boost,and not much more. Don't quote me though, as I may be wrong.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

i hear ya dan. im just wonderin if i should do it doesnt look that hard and u barely remove any material just smooth the pathway to the wastegate. id rather do it then havto take my car apart again and then do it. i dont plan on running more then 17 psi on the wrx stock turbo.i saw ur post in the engine mods forum about the cel from a turboback exhaust. u plannin on modin the sti soon???

i hear ya dan. im just wonderin if i should do it doesnt look that hard and u barely remove any material just smooth the pathway to the wastegate. id rather do it then havto take my car apart again and then do it. i dont plan on running more then 17 psi on the wrx stock turbo.i saw ur post in the engine mods forum about the cel from a turboback exhaust. u plannin on modin the sti soon???
    I'm not planning on doing too much, Jeremy. I'll be looking for around 330-350hp at the crank....just enough for a little bit more power. I've heard so many different stories about when I need to upgrade the ECU and when I don't, that I might just say "screw it," and just buy a catback and forget about modding any further.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

i hear u. u got an sti its already pretty damn fast. u may wanna look into a cobb accessport it flashs a program onto ur ecu and eliminates cels from an open exhaust. the accessport is also undetectable by a dealership. check out this link http://cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport.html . their stage one program is stock or with a catback exhaust and stage 2 includes a downpipe. i decided to go with a turboxs utec so i can tune to whatever i put on the car, plus turboxs is local in gaithersburg so they can tune my car and my warranty xpired so im free to do whatever.

i hear u. u got an sti its already pretty damn fast. u may wanna look into a cobb accessport it flashs a program onto ur ecu and eliminates cels from an open exhaust. the accessport is also undetectable by a dealership. check out this link http://cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport.html . their stage one program is stock or with a catback exhaust and stage 2 includes a downpipe. i decided to go with a turboxs utec so i can tune to whatever i put on the car, plus turboxs is local in gaithersburg so they can tune my car and my warranty xpired so im free to do whatever.
    Yes, I'm familiar with TurboXS. I paid them a visit about a month ago. From what I understand, they are very reputable.

Today, I made a visit to Westminster Speed, and they seemed pretty knowledgeable as well. I heard some good things about them from somewhere, but I can't remember the source.

I'm not really familiar with Cobb. I've heard of them, and read an article in Sport Crapact Car on one of their WRXs, but that's about it. With the AccessPort, is it something that's going to cause a lot of driveability problems, such as "bleed-off," or boost creep? Is it something that is going to prematurely burn out the turbo? Is it going to modify the air/fuel mixture to compensate for the higher ECU tune?
    Last edited by Bad WRX STi; 05-11-2005 at 03:32 PM.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

ive been to westminster speed and sound. its a nice shop but theyre prices are a lil high. check out jscspeed.com theyre my favorite online vendor. their prices are cheap and we are in their 1 day ship zone. i even got my turboxs stealthback exhaust in 1 day when i ordered it on a friday i got it saturday. also rallysportdirect.com and subydude.com also hav good prices and hav a lot of parts.
    about the accessport basicly what u do with it is reflash ur ecu to a staged map to work with ur upgrades. u just load the stage u want to run into the unit using ur computer and the supplied software and plug the unit into ur obd2 scanner plug and it reflashs ur ecu. the maps hav the boost, timing and fuel tuned and are left a lil rich for safety. it wont cause boost creep the addition of a downpipe is the cause of that. an open downpipe lets a lot more gas flow then the stock wastegate housing can let exit so a lil gets past the wastegate and lets the boost creep. porting the wastegate housing slightly to smooth out the edge next to the wastegate fixes the boost creep. u can either do it urself or someplaces do it for like $45 http://www.deadboltspeed.com/ they do the porting. the accessport also eliminates any cels from showing up from the addition of an exhaust. i was goingto go with the accessport but i wanted to be able to tune the car myself. the accesport u can know do that if u get their streettuner package.
    also ive decided as long as it isnt raining im going to at least put my turboxs stealthback on saturday and wait till next weekend to put my uppipe and tmic on. so if anyone wants to stop by saturday just drop me a pm for directions.

also check out fastwrx.com theyve got good prices and are close to us

ive been to westminster speed and sound. its a nice shop but theyre prices are a lil high. check out jscspeed.com theyre my favorite online vendor. their prices are cheap and we are in their 1 day ship zone. i even got my turboxs stealthback exhaust in 1 day when i ordered it on a friday i got it saturday. also rallysportdirect.com and subydude.com also hav good prices and hav a lot of parts.
    about the accessport basicly what u do with it is reflash ur ecu to a staged map to work with ur upgrades. u just load the stage u want to run into the unit using ur computer and the supplied software and plug the unit into ur obd2 scanner plug and it reflashs ur ecu. the maps hav the boost, timing and fuel tuned and are left a lil rich for safety. it wont cause boost creep the addition of a downpipe is the cause of that. an open downpipe lets a lot more gas flow then the stock wastegate housing can let exit so a lil gets past the wastegate and lets the boost creep. porting the wastegate housing slightly to smooth out the edge next to the wastegate fixes the boost creep. u can either do it urself or someplaces do it for like $45 http://www.deadboltspeed.com/ they do the porting. the accessport also eliminates any cels from showing up from the addition of an exhaust. i was goingto go with the accessport but i wanted to be able to tune the car myself. the accesport u can know do that if u get their streettuner package.
    also ive decided as long as it isnt raining im going to at least put my turboxs stealthback on saturday and wait till next weekend to put my uppipe and tmic on. so if anyone wants to stop by saturday just drop me a pm for directions.
    If I go with the AccessPort, I was going to get the Stage 1 program for the 93 Octane, which is just the ECU tune. It doesn't include the downpipe or anything else. I called Cobb and they told me I wouldn't have any problems with bleed-off or creep, but you know, they're a company...they're not going to tell you that their product is going to cause problems......

I'll check out those other sites.

Thanks Jeremy.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

depending what year car you have, boost creep is different depending on the turbo's exhaust housing. My 05 wrx, has the housing that doesn't creep that bad. But earlier model year wrxs do creep.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    depending what year car you have, boost creep is different depending on the turbo's exhaust housing. My 05 wrx, has the housing that doesn't creep that bad. But earlier model year wrxs do creep.
    I've got an 05 also, so the housing on mine probably doesn't creep real bad either....so I'm hoping.
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

the accessport stage one, a catback exhaust, a k&n panel airfilter and maybe a gp moto intake elbow would be pretty nice on a sti and wouldnt affect the warranty.

Mastershake- Josh and I have both installed all our parts (exept he installed his sti injectors, and I didnt feel comfortable doing that yet, so I took it to the dealer, but dont tell anyone ). Anyway, Id be happy to help you out with some installs. When you say stg 3, what parts are you talking? bigger turbo, injectors, EM, tbe, front mount? Im just wondering cuz I have the COBB stage "2.5" with the Accessport on my wagon and thats vf34 turbo, sti inj., tbe, and EM (the accessport). By the way, I highly recommend COBB to any subaru owner. great products, great customer service!
    Boost creep-what does that mean? is that like boost spiking? sorry, Ill have to get back to you about that!
    Bye the way, theres an import car show up at state college next weekend. I know its kind of a hike, but I thought it would be fun to line up some subies to all drive up together

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast