Formula DRIFT @ Wall Township 4/16/05 ... Post all pics here.

This is a discussion on Formula DRIFT @ Wall Township 4/16/05 ... Post all pics here. within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just came back from the Formula D competition @ Wall Speedway, NJ and it was awesome. Its cool how modern ...

Formula DRIFT @ Wall Township 4/16/05 ... Post all pics here.

Just came back from the Formula D competition @ Wall Speedway, NJ and it was awesome. Its cool how modern day american muscle cars are being modified into very successful drift cars. These included the Dodge Viper (and also a Viper Competition Coupe performing an exhibition drift), Pontiac GTO driven by Rhys Millen, and a Ford Mustang S/C'd. The other cars included a mix of Silvias (all gens) and converted 240sx's, an AE86, Toyota Chaser, Honda S2000, and one Sil-Camino (Silvia w/ back 1/2 chopped off and made into a pickup bed).

I took a whole bunch of clips with the DVD camcorder, but no pictures, so if you have any pics from this event, post 'em here. If anyone wants to host the video clips, I'll be happy to upload them.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was going to head down but $25 to get in just wasnt worth it to me.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Drifting at a place named "Wall Speedway" is an invitation to fate I'm not willing to issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    Drifting at a place named "Wall Speedway" is an invitation to fate I'm not willing to issue.
    HAHA. If you are referring to Subaru theft, that is exactly why I brought a different, less noticable car. I saw many Subarus there and the cops were patroling back and forth through the lot. Lots of sketchy folks there though.

-Chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    I think he is reffering to "Wall SpeedWay" as hitting a wall while driving, and not such a great name for a speedway, hence the name.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Ah. Us Central Jersey folks are pretty familiar with Wall Township, although this was the first time I visited the Speedway. I should be ripping the video clips from the DVD camcorder to PC today and if I can find some hosting will post them up here.

-Chris