Shops in MD/DC Area

This is a discussion on Shops in MD/DC Area within the Mid-Atlantic States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I want to get a set of prodrive springs installed. Can anybody recommend a shop in the DC Metro area? ...

Shops in MD/DC Area

I want to get a set of prodrive springs installed. Can anybody recommend a shop in the DC Metro area? I'm also interested to know of shops to do engine work like uppipe and TBE installation.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm just getting started.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi,
    I had a REALLY good experience at Westminster Speed and Sound last week. I went in to check out some cat back exhaust systems and they cut me a great deal on an Apexi World Sport system. They were ahead of schedule on installs, so they had me in and out in about an hour. Everyone there was really nice and they did a great job in the install. They do specialize in Subarus and have a nice section of their shop with nothing but wrx stuff. As soon as I pay off my exhaust, I'll be back to get a short shifter or something else. Gotta wait a few months

www.westminsterspeed.com

410-857-5300

ive been to westminster speed and sound and its an ok shop. the subaru section is nice. however prices for wrx parts and labor were a lil high. u can get parts cheaper from like jscspeed or just about any online parts dealer. i was qouted $200 to install whiteline steering rack bushings thats just for the install i already hav the bushings i was told by my local subaru dealer they do it for $60. also was qouted $200 for the whiteline anti lift kit without install online the kit is only $170. so ud still save money ordering parts even though u havto pay shipping if u factor in the fact ur paying more to begin with and u havto pay MD state tax. the guy i talked to was nice and the owner responds promptly to emails nuthin wrong with them just prices are high. i may hav them tint my car though.

TSR in Glentucky (Glen Burnie) does a great job. So far I have had my clutch/flywheel installed and front and rear BBK. Awesome job. Also, they just finished work on the Turbosmart car (http://www.jrponline.com/gallery/wrx.asp).

the number is 410-760-5995. Ask for mike or tim.

aOh
    My shop is BMS Auto Trends. extremely good shop, the owner is a magician when it comes to cars. I have had all of my work on my 96' Turbo Integra (completely rebuilt motor, suspension, etc.) and am about to take my WRX to his shop for some body work (lip kit, body shaving). Extremely good work and it is a body shop as well as a performance shop. However, it is mainly a shop to have your parts installed. I would buy my parts first and bring it to them for install although they can help you with part selection if needed. When i had my motor built all i said was "i have $3000 what do i do?" and he took it from there. Since then i believe i have the fastest Integra in my area. I highly recommend this auto shop for anyone.

My mechanics name is Sam and the shop is located in Spotsylvania, VA.
    540-895-9500