The Official Wheel Thread - Page 46
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Wheel Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gjohns7 yeah i don't think i want to have to roll the fenders, so i'll just stick ...

Quote Originally Posted by gjohns7 View Post
    yeah i don't think i want to have to roll the fenders, so i'll just stick with the 18x8.5. with the tires you mentioned, do you think there'd be any rubbing? from the list on the rota site (http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5868) which is a good tire for daily driving?? i'm sorry for the questions, i'm a little new to this
    It depends on WHAT you want from the tires...

From your profile, it seems that you live in Florida... so I'd skip All-Season/M+S. Don't worry... lots of Summer Performance tires are capable of handling wet nowadays (as long as they are NEWER technology tires). There are always good & bad tires from ANY manufacture. Check out some reviews. Oh yeah, I'd also skip not-well-known-brand tires unless your priority is to LAST LONG time or burning donuts.

Personally, I think Wheeldude's tires are over price (by $30-$50 per tire), so I'd rather get the tires elsewhere (Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct... cheaper & more choices) but then you'll have to pay mounting & balancing ($60-80).

FYI, certain brand & model tires are WIDER than others (e.g. Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec... very sticky, too). And rolling fenders are NOT THAT BAD... if done properly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gjohns7 View Post
    i'm thinking of buying these rota grids for my 2007 wrx.

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5868

what tires would i need to buy, 235/40/18? what is the main difference between 18x8.5 and 18x9? would i need to roll the fenders for the 8.5s or would they fit well on my car?
    Just wondering what you want an 18inch wheel for? More for looks? Its gonna be heavier than necessary...go 17, still looks great and it should be a bit lighter.

You should be ok with an 8.5 width either way
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

yeah mainly for the looks. my car is just a daily driver; i don't do anything crazy like autocross, so if i lose a little speed i won't mind.

wheels for an 03 Wagon

I was thinking about getting Motegi Racing MR118 17X8 wheels or the Enkei Performance EKM3 (17X8) wheels. Anyone hear anything about either of them? I know they aren't high end wheels by any standards, but I'm just looking for a different look than the stock wheels. Also, anything I need to know for fitment purposes? Help and input is appreciated. Thanks!

i have a 2000 subaru 2.5rs i am looking for new rims and found some 18x8 with a 28 offset. would they fit on my car or cause any problems?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    28 offset is WAY too low. you need to look at high 40's, low 50's.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    28 offset is WAY too low. you need to look at high 40's, low 50's.
    would i need to put spacers with 35 offset because i found some 18x8 with a 35 offset

I Support ClubWRX
    no- spacers are not meant to be used in that way. just get a set of wheels that fit with no modification. 45ish offset is probably the lowest i'd go.

desiree

would anything happen if i went lower that 45.

Your tires will rub the fenders, excess wear on your hubs and bearings and probably some handling issues. Really, you need to buy wheels that fit the car. If you have to make the wheels fit your car, you are making compromises.
    Orange cones fear me.

'07 Sedan wheels

Hey guys. I'm new here and just got my suby yesterday and here seems to be the most appropriate spot to ask about the tires I've been eyeing up since before I took possession. I've had my eyes on a set of BMF Nova5 20x9's with a 275/45/20 tire. Is the rim too much for the fender area and I'm dreaming, or is this possible for our lovely type of vehicle? Thanks for any feedback ladies and gents.

I Support ClubWRX
    20's? 275's? yeah.. that's not going to work. may i ask why you want 20's on a subaru? 18 is the biggest i'd go.. IIRC 235ish is the widest tire you can go without rubbing/rolling fenders

desiree

I liked the looks of the BMF Nova 5s. And when I put in the make and model into thewheelconnection.com when I was looking at them, the site spat out 20x9. Looks like I get to go looking again. Lol. Any suggestions for a 5 spoke wheel that'll fit suby's?

Quote Originally Posted by kingleh View Post
    this is my frineds car, i really love this wheel on the wrx, but would have gone iwht a gold if it were my car
    what ARE these wheels?!

Cool Just wanted to do a little show and tell

I got a buddy that works as a rep for forged distributing down in Miami, FL. 360 is a branch affiliate. I'm considering getting these wheels in the next couple of months. Custom fitment (High dollar).

Calculations

If I see you around with these wheels, I will forever hate you with passion. But I'll envy you if you can afford it. I've been saving up for a while to get these and I hope I can get a discount. Check out the collections/gallery and see what options there are. I may be able to get a discount. Crossing fingers.