The Official Wheel Thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Wheel Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No, not just wheels bearings. It's a matter of increased wear on other parts too, as well as negative effects ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    No, not just wheels bearings. It's a matter of increased wear on other parts too, as well as negative effects on handling and daily driving characteristics. Offset is crucial to suspension design, as it affects what the entire thing is designed around.
    Last edited by brfatal; 01-21-2010 at 09:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I mean it is not like I went to a +0 offset. I went to an offset that would help on clearing the coilovers since it is a 9" wheel. I have had no negative issues yet and it has seen Barbers and Road Atlanta a couple of times since this setup was put on and it made huge improvements over the old setup.

I have an 03 WRX wagon and was wondering what width and offset the stock wheels are? Also does anyone know what the max offset I can run is, without fender mods on a 7"wide wheel? I'm not looking for "hellaflush" just "close to flush" is good

I just got my wheels put on the wrx sat, they were bought used from a local suby owner. They are Blk Status Rey S204, and I only paid $200 for all 4. They I bought new Kumo tires...

I like them... The other wrx in the photos is Ruh Roh's car...

You Only Live Once

2002 WRB Subaru WRX

i know its easy getting the wheel onto the car just some bolts, but what about getting the tire onto the wheel? can i do that myself as well? and how much does it cost to have my wheels changed at a body shop?
    WRC and Thrashing

bbs rims

anyone have gold bbs 5x 100s? or need some 5x114?

Quote Originally Posted by kellixoxo View Post
    anyone have gold bbs 5x 100s? or need some 5x114?
    You have Gold BBS 5x114s?

I'm looking for some...ultimately I'd like to trade my silver BBSs for a set.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

bbs rims

yup..have three Gold BBS 5x114s good condition..minimal rash..make an offer..putting money toward some 5x100s if you know anyone that has some
    Kelli

Quote Originally Posted by kellixoxo View Post
    yup..have three Gold BBS 5x114s good condition..minimal rash..make an offer..putting money toward some 5x100s if you know anyone that has some
    Kelli
    with or without tires? And if you could PM me some pics, I'll think about it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

19x8 TSW Jarama's 35p, wrapped in 225/35/19 toyo T1R's

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ Awesome
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    ^^ Awesome
    +1...those look great. Nice stance on that wagon

will these rota's fit on my car?

i'm thinking of buying these rota grids for my 2007 wrx.

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5868

what tires would i need to buy, 235/40/18? what is the main difference between 18x8.5 and 18x9? would i need to roll the fenders for the 8.5s or would they fit well on my car?

Quote Originally Posted by gjohns7 View Post
    what tires would i need to buy, 235/40/18? what is the main difference between 18x8.5 and 18x9? would i need to roll the fenders for the 8.5s or would they fit well on my car?
    If you are not willing to modify your fender (pulling & rolling), I'd say stick w/ 8.5" (although you MAY still need to roll... depends on tires).

Ideally, you'd want tires w/ 25" diameter & 245/35-18 would be perfect for 8.5"... BUT there'd be a LOT more choices w/ 235/40-18 (acceptable) & CHEAPER as well.

yeah i don't think i want to have to roll the fenders, so i'll just stick with the 18x8.5. with the tires you mentioned, do you think there'd be any rubbing? from the list on the rota site (http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5868) which is a good tire for daily driving?? i'm sorry for the questions, i'm a little new to this