The Official Wheel Thread - Page 42
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Wheel Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN(I) mikie 13 i can only fix it with a direkt kilnk ; ( http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3987/temp326550.jpg Love them ...

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN(I) View Post
    mikie 13

i can only fix it with a direkt kilnk ; (

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3987/temp326550.jpg
    Love them rims. Looking at getting them staggered for my Z
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hope you will choice the gold finish`?

Will looks badass on a black Z, a frind of me have 20" rays GTC on his Z that also looks amazing.

Post a Pic wenn you have it.

Hey "THE BUCK", What is the name of the kit on the white 04 with the gold rims?
    Last edited by AkaDimiX; 05-09-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: i'm a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AkaDimiX View Post
    Hey "THE BUCK", What is the name of the kit on the white 04 with the gold rims?
    What do you mean by kit? It has all STi body parts (splitters, fog covers, Spoiler, scoop, ect...) but no aftermarket body kit. wheels are gold 18" Rota's...
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by protocol_droid View Post
    18X8 formula mesh
    what suspension is on this bugeye?

Vez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your Z! Sold the Limited!!!! Where have I been!?!?!?! What the heck just happened here!?!?!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

You should go with a square set up it will handle better.

and +1 I didn't know you got a 350Z when did that happen? Guess I'm not on here as much as I sued to.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Your Z! Sold the Limited!!!! Where have I been!?!?!?! What the heck just happened here!?!?!
    Yeah I had to take the dive. My pockets just weren't as deep as when I was living at home. Moving to Philly on my own a year and a half ago changed my lifestyle and my income. Insurance was jacked up almost $200 a month simply because of the policy change. So $600 total on the car just isn't what I wanted to be doing anymore. I began thinking that I should just concentrate on settling my debts and saving money, which is something I haven't really done too well.

You all obviously knew I LOVED my STI with a passion, especially with all the blood sweat and tears (and money) I put into making it mine and making it run low 12s...but a change in mindsets occurred and I figured it was the time to move on. But goddamnit, I WILL have another STI Limited when I am ready financially...and this time, it will run 10s

So I found a SICK used 2003 350z that was in excellent shape and previously owned by one of the salesmen at the dealership. The price was well within my asking range as well. Once I drove it, I kinda fell in love. It handles amazingly (better than my STI did ) and having a true sports car is an awesome thought to me. But god honest truth...I got this particular Z for the simple fact that it had the burnt orange leather seats

Orange is my favorite color...haha. So overall, I am now saving about $350 more a month by having this car. Even the gas mileage is doing better. I'll tell you what though, the Linear power "curve" of the VQ engines are SOOOO different compared to an STI (obviously, haha).

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    You should go with a square set up it will handle better.

and +1 I didn't know you got a 350Z when did that happen? Guess I'm not on here as much as I sued to.
    But damn I love the look of Staggered. Have some FAT 10s in the rear with a big ass dished polished lip, is something I have loved on RWD cars for a long time. But you're right...squared would be better for handling. Perhaps 9inch width all around...

I got her roughly a month and a half ago. I'm yet to take any good pics however
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

But damn I love the look of Staggered. Have some FAT 10s in the rear with a big ass dished polished lip, is something I have loved on RWD cars for a long time. But you're right...squared would be better for handling. Perhaps 9inch width all around...

I'm running 275/35 275/40 on 18x9.5 RPF1's all around. Staggered is definitely prettier but between the square setup and the weight loss (stockers are really heavy at least the 06 ones are) there was a bigger improvement than I had anticipated.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Yeah I had to take the dive. My pockets just weren't as deep as when I was living at home. Moving to Philly on my own a year and a half ago changed my lifestyle and my income. Insurance was jacked up almost $200 a month simply because of the policy change. So $600 total on the car just isn't what I wanted to be doing anymore. I began thinking that I should just concentrate on settling my debts and saving money, which is something I haven't really done too well.

You all obviously knew I LOVED my STI with a passion, especially with all the blood sweat and tears (and money) I put into making it mine and making it run low 12s...but a change in mindsets occurred and I figured it was the time to move on. But goddamnit, I WILL have another STI Limited when I am ready financially...and this time, it will run 10s

So I found a SICK used 2003 350z that was in excellent shape and previously owned by one of the salesmen at the dealership. The price was well within my asking range as well. Once I drove it, I kinda fell in love. It handles amazingly (better than my STI did ) and having a true sports car is an awesome thought to me. But god honest truth...I got this particular Z for the simple fact that it had the burnt orange leather seats

Orange is my favorite color...haha. So overall, I am now saving about $350 more a month by having this car. Even the gas mileage is doing better. I'll tell you what though, the Linear power "curve" of the VQ engines are SOOOO different compared to an STI (obviously, haha).

I'd go with square 9's... Function over form, dude.

Staggered does look nice. It all depends on how you want to drive it. At least it's RWD, 98% of the Vortex are running staggered on a FWD purely for looks. I never did understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I'm running 275/35 275/40 on 18x9.5 RPF1's all around. Staggered is definitely prettier but between the square setup and the weight loss (stockers are really heavy at least the 06 ones are) there was a bigger improvement than I had anticipated.
    I didn't know you got rims. I remember you posting back when you were looking at them. Any pics? I <3 the RPF1's. I think I'm going 17x8 (gloss black finish with the red Enkei logos) on the WRX. I wanted to get away with '04 STI rims but I think I need something at least 8" wide. I'm sick of the wagon wheel look of the skinny stockers.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Clown View Post
    better pics of the wheels...not like you guys don't know what comps look like anyway.
    They look like Comp-C. Got any side profile shots?

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I didn't know you got rims. I remember you posting back when you were looking at them. Any pics? I <3 the RPF1's. I think I'm going 17x8 (gloss black finish with the red Enkei logos) on the WRX. I wanted to get away with '04 STI rims but I think I need something at least 8" wide. I'm sick of the wagon wheel look of the skinny stockers.
    Sorry I missed this but better late than never right? Here's a picture (not a good picture but none the less)

Not everyone likes the meaty tire look but I think it's a better than the stupid stretch tires that a lot of people on the Z forum seem to like.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-01-2009 at 01:46 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Rota SVn 18x8.5 Falken 235/40/18 frsb

hey everyone i just recently purchased a 04 wrx wagon n was lookin to get some 17/8 oz ultras do you guys know if these will fit without a problem?

yeah they should if you buy from tirerack they'll take care of what you need. as long as its 5x100 bolt and a proper offset.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.