The Official Wheel Thread - Page 40
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Wheel Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what bout these...

what bout these
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails qt107.jpg   devine9_chr.jpg  
    Last edited by Navs; 12-01-2008 at 05:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Navs View Post
    what bout these
    Truthfully... not really a fan of either

Reason im postin so many wheels is coz im tryin to find rims for mine Im in the process of buying. So your opinion would be good :P

tell me what you think of the rims on this site. Cant actually post pics from there.

www.work-wheels.com.au

Just post the name of the wheels you reckon will look good. Btw they're all custom made, and they can be custom sprayed anywhere.

Reason im postin so many wheels is coz im tryin to find rims for mine Im in the process of buying. So your opinion would be good :P

tell me what you think of the rims on this site. Cant actually post pics from there.

www.work-wheels.com.au

Just post the name of the wheels you reckon will look good. Btw they're all custom made, and they can be custom sprayed anywhere.
    Well, it really just depends on what look you are going for... and also if you are concerned about how heavy the wheel is... also the color, offset, etc.
    The most popular (IMO) brand of wheels for WRX's are:

-Rota
    -Volk
    -Tenzo
    -O.Z.
    -Work
    -5 Zigen

Anyone that would like to add to this list is more than welcome

Yeah, im more leaning towards, the chrome look. Like i understand about the weight and all that, but truth be told im not gonna be racing, i want my car to look good, thats all. So im not too fussed whether the rims are heavy. Im seriously thinkin about the Work ls 606, from www.work-wheels.com.au

Yeah, im more leaning towards, the chrome look. Like i understand about the weight and all that, but truth be told im not gonna be racing, i want my car to look good, thats all. So im not too fussed whether the rims are heavy. Im seriously thinkin about the Work ls 606, from www.work-wheels.com.au
    If that is the look you are going for... to each their own! 19" is kind of big though, don't you think?

Nah i have 18s on mine at the moment, the gold rs gt's. I think 19s would suit it :P

Won't changing the size like that affect the handling. That's what I was told. Not to change the size at all from the 17s.

would i have to roll the fenders or do anything of that sort if i put 18x9.5 in rims on my 06 wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by AyOh View Post
    Won't changing the size like that affect the handling. That's what I was told. Not to change the size at all from the 17s.
    this is only if you don't get an appropriate tire size to correlate. Stock, the 17s have a 2xx/45/17

If you were to get 18s, you'd have to drop the tires to 2xx/40/18 and so on.

If you do incorrect tire sizes, you can also mess with the speedometer readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket028 View Post
    would i have to roll the fenders or do anything of that sort if i put 18x9.5 in rims on my 06 wrx?
    Yes. The rears would rub with suspension travel. Usually any tire size 245width or bigger would need fender rolling.

And to Navs...if thats the look you are going for, then so be it. It looks a little ghetto if you ask me. These cars aren't Escalades. But if thats what you like, then go for it. But its not my cup of tea. 19s just don't make sense to me because your tires will be extremely thin and have more potential to mess up suspension geometry than any 18inch wheel ever would.

Goodluck in your choice though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

what about if i got 18x8.5? would i have to roll them then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket028 View Post
    what about if i got 18x8.5? would i have to roll them then?
    I think you can survive with 235 width tires on 8.5's without fender rolling...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

i have some 225/45/17 and i had a problem with the front tires rubbing. do i need to get spacers, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by blu_bugeye02 View Post
    i have some 225/45/17 and i had a problem with the front tires rubbing. do i need to get spacers, maybe?
    Those are the tire sizes...if you have a correct rim size, you won't have trouble with rubbing at all. Methinks that since you are rubbing, your offset is very incorrect...post up Rim size and offeset and we'll tell you

Vez
    I agree with Mike. I bet the offset is wrong. I have 245/35/18 on 18x8.5s without coming close to rubbing. However, if I got 225/45/17 (stock size) with the wrong offset, there would be very noticable issues.

As for a loss in performance, as long as you keep your proportions correct, you have some wiggle room for changing your setup. There are a few "tire size calculators", for example:

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing
    Tire size calculator

Keep in mind that the spoke design is important as well (strangely enough). Especially with big Brembos, you need to make sure that the wheel will clear the calipers. You can have all the right sizing and even the right offset, but the spoke configuration can negate fitment.

T3h_Clap over on IWSTI.com is whom I consulted with on the details for my wheel/tire setup. Wheels are his specialty and he was a very nice and helpful guy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.