The Official Wheel Thread - Page 27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Wheel Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by singularity Thanks, I had them on my RSX-S a while back. Loved them so much thought I'd ...

Quote Originally Posted by singularity
    Thanks, I had them on my RSX-S a while back. Loved them so much thought I'd get them for my Subie.

Here are the stock pics and with them installed. Looks like springs are next on the list.
    Those look sick
    Next step: drop it, and fill in that wheel gap
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Those look sick
    Next step: drop it, and fill in that wheel gap
    Yeah wasnt sure how much of a drop I would need. Figured I'd get the wheels on and measure to see how much of a drop I need. I'm still not sure how much of a drop I want to do. Looking at the Tein H and S type springs. I think the S would be ok but not sure if they would rub. Guess I need to dig some more in the suspension threads.

heres pics of my old COBB PRO Tuned stage 4 wrx & My new 2005 STi.
    Last edited by wkdwrx02; 02-28-2006 at 03:29 AM.

my 2005 STi
    Last edited by wkdwrx02; 02-28-2006 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wkdwrx02
    my 2005 STi...
    can i touch it...please?

Lmao.....

Quote Originally Posted by wkdwrx02
    my 2005 STi
    hot car man

These will soon be wrapped in Falken FK-451's, and be put on this spring

03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    These will soon be wrapped in Falken FK-451's, and be put on this spring
    Nice rims. I'm pimping the FK-451's on mine.

Question

Hey guys I've been looking and looking at pictures and so far I really like the following wheels:

1.) Rota Tarmac II Wheel in Full Royal Black or Full Royal Gunmetal
    2.) Reaction Riots

The only problem is that I have no idea if I can even get 18" wheels. Firstly, in the driver's door it lists the two options for wheels as being 16" and 17" ... but everyone on this thread seems to be running 18's ... so what do you need to do to run 18's? Lowering Springs? Are 18's a stupid idea for New Hampshire driving (some dirt roads, bumps from caved in frost heaves, etc). And lastly, would 18's void my warranty in any way since its not listed as a tire option?

Thanks a ton ... this is driving me nuts!

please can anyone comment or answer any of my questions? I'd really like to purchase soon!

Quote Originally Posted by monduConstruct
    Hey guys I've been looking and looking at pictures and so far I really like the following wheels:

1.) Rota Tarmac II Wheel in Full Royal Black or Full Royal Gunmetal
    2.) Reaction Riots

The only problem is that I have no idea if I can even get 18" wheels. Firstly, in the driver's door it lists the two options for wheels as being 16" and 17" ... but everyone on this thread seems to be running 18's ... so what do you need to do to run 18's? Lowering Springs? Are 18's a stupid idea for New Hampshire driving (some dirt roads, bumps from caved in frost heaves, etc). And lastly, would 18's void my warranty in any way since its not listed as a tire option?

Thanks a ton ... this is driving me nuts!
    To run 18" rims you need the following:

1. Rims
    2. Tires

The lowering springs are for appearance and some performance aspects.

IMO, I think 18" wheels are stupid for any driving. They are heavier wheels and will slow your acceleration. There will not be as much tire sidewall to protect your rims. The ride will not be as good and they won't handle really any better than 17" wheels.

18" wheels will not void your warranty. The dealer may choose to deny a claim baised on the larger wheels, but I can't really think of anything that it would really affect.

Hope it helps.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    To run 18" rims you need the following:

1. Rims
    2. Tires

The lowering springs are for appearance and some performance aspects.

IMO, I think 18" wheels are stupid for any driving. They are heavier wheels and will slow your acceleration. There will not be as much tire sidewall to protect your rims. The ride will not be as good and they won't handle really any better than 17" wheels.

18" wheels will not void your warranty. The dealer may choose to deny a claim baised on the larger wheels, but I can't really think of anything that it would really affect.

Hope it helps.
    I disagree. I love my 18's and I don't think they've slowed my car down at all. I haven't driven it with smaller wheels so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as driving feel goes, but I've raced other WRX's and wasn't at any kind of disadvantage. It handles like a dream, and looks much better with 18's. As for the ride not being as good, I haven't noticed that either. Originally I was scared that every little bump in the road would feel massive, but it honestly feels no different than any of my other cars that I've owned with 16's.

I really have no bad things whatsoever to say about 18's on the WRX. If you like the look, I say go for it.
    -JP
    2003 Silver M5 WRX
    Cobb AP Stage 1, 18" Chrome Helo Tease wheels

Quote Originally Posted by dracus
    I disagree. I love my 18's and I don't think they've slowed my car down at all. I haven't driven it with smaller wheels so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as driving feel goes, but I've raced other WRX's and wasn't at any kind of disadvantage. It handles like a dream, and looks much better with 18's. As for the ride not being as good, I haven't noticed that either. Originally I was scared that every little bump in the road would feel massive, but it honestly feels no different than any of my other cars that I've owned with 16's.

I really have no bad things whatsoever to say about 18's on the WRX. If you like the look, I say go for it.
    Great, I'm glad you're happy.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Question

Well after reading and reading and reading I've decided on 17" wheels. Now the problem is the width. Crap. Either 7.5" or 8". My car is completely stock, this will be the first mod to it. From what I've read an 8" wide tire will fit. Yes I've searched these forums thoroughly. Subydude seems to recommend the 8", but I am not sure if that is with a stock set-up.

I'm thinking for 17"X7.5: Rota Tarmac II's
    For 17X8: Rota Rev's

And Hankook R-S2 Z212 tires ...

17X7.5: 225/45/17
    17X8: 235/40/17

Please ... I'm so lost!!! Help someone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.