Pics of my 03 wrx! comment! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pics of my 03 wrx! comment! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ecu reflash right now but i cant wait to get a accessport! im workin on a dp and up right ...

ecu reflash right now but i cant wait to get a accessport!

im workin on a dp and up right now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dp and up are the best mods. I like the black it makes the whole car flow. I usually dont like black rims but they look nice on your car. Long live the bugeyes!!! Stock bugeyes are not the prettiest things but with a few exterior mods they are by far the best looking.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

ya i am gettin a dp purdy soon but my rents wont let me go catless until the car is in my name!

so about another year!

high flow cat!

or just keep the mid pipe cat make the dp and up catless!!

ya i got an 05 sti wing saturday so my car is lookin purdy sick now!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    ya i am gettin a dp purdy soon but my rents wont let me go catless until the car is in my name!

so about another year!

high flow cat!

or just keep the mid pipe cat make the dp and up catless!!

ya i got an 05 sti wing saturday so my car is lookin purdy sick now!
    dude...your "rents" will never know. my mom would have flipped if she knew that i got a dp but what mama doesnt know wont hurt her. just do it in a friends garage. Oh yea PB Blaster is your friend. Soak those bolts in it before you take them off or else they will seeze. ( i found that the hard way)
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    dude...your "rents" will never know. my mom would have flipped if she knew that i got a dp but what mama doesnt know wont hurt her. just do it in a friends garage. Oh yea PB Blaster is your friend. Soak those bolts in it before you take them off or else they will seeze. ( i found that the hard way)
    i would imagine that they would seeze!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    Don't make assumptions about all parents. I'd sure as hell know if my kid started putting nonstock parts on their car. Other than the obvious change in sound (pop, sputter, pop), the smell of PBBlaster is pretty huge, and the cosmolene off the new pipe will make the car smoke for a while.

Also, the gentleman that you're giving this great advice to is in Cali. Are you also expecting his mom and dad to pay the tampering fine?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Don't make assumptions about all parents. I'd sure as hell know if my kid started putting nonstock parts on their car. Other than the obvious change in sound (pop, sputter, pop), the smell of PBBlaster is pretty huge, and the cosmolene off the new pipe will make the car smoke for a while.

Also, the gentleman that you're giving this great advice to is in Cali. Are you also expecting his mom and dad to pay the tampering fine?
    dude i have to pay for all my fines and tickets!

and yes i do live in cali!

and my parents do know what a catalytic converter is and she would probably notice!

Looks good!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I Support ClubWRX

and my parents do know what a catalytic converter is and she would probably notice!
    Thank you for reinforcing my point.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

i have that same problem with wanting to out stuff on the car but if my parents find out ill lose my car, so im going to put springs on and make something up if they ask, any suggestions of stuff i can put on my car w/o them really knowing???
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subiechk View Post
    i have that same problem with wanting to out stuff on the car but if my parents find out ill lose my car, so im going to put springs on and make something up if they ask, any suggestions of stuff i can put on my car w/o them really knowing???
    I'd suggest that you play it straight with your parents.
    But then I'm a parent, and I know the suggestion falls on deaf ears around here.

Do they limit what you can do to the car because they're financially involved with it? If so, I tend to think that you should honor their position.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

OP: Your car looks good, although I am not a big fan of the black wheels.

Regarding modding and parents, I think it all comes down to respect. If they are paying for the car in any way, be it payments, insurance, whatever, I would try talking with them, but don't try going behind their backs. They're helping you out with the car, and that deserves respect. (I'm not an old man or a parent like Ray, but just someone who had help from their parents with their first car and appreciated it.)

Some parents may be cool with it though, and if you can explain why you want to mod and will pay for it, they may not care. Mine didn't care on my old car. The WRX, however, is my car and my decision entirely.

It only smokes for like the first 10 minutes and thats why you do it at a friends house. If she notices just tell her that the cats on Subarus go bad at xxxxxx miles and they will ruin your turbo...my mom would buy that :P Or just wait to start modding because once you do one thing more and more will follow. DP was my first mod....now about a million mods later...finished the engine...and now just finished the exterrior. Well i guess i just count on the smog people here in vegas come smog time every year its over 100* and they do not want to get down and look under the car because its hott and they are lazy. I pass every year but if they looked and cared I guess I could fail the visual. And as far as not getting tickets dont speed and you wont have that problem..they pull you over for 10 over and then add about 10 other useless fines. I guess you get what you deserve for speeding LOL

My mom only paid for my insurance until I was 18 so I told her it was my money and if I blew the car up that was my problem and I would have to find my own ride to work and school. Once or twice I have had to bum rides when mods had unexpected glitches but all in good fun. Wait to mod until you have the money and know what you are doing.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

ok i pay for the wrx completely and i am workin my ass off to do it!

my mom knows quite a bit about cars. she has seen the flames out of the exhaust on my car butshe knew it was cause the bov made me run rich and she didnt care!

i dont really speed only when i know it safe to do so

i always play it straight with my rents and it has helped me out!

but she said if my car breaks down i have to find rides

basically my rents are like a back up if needed which i love how that is!

i pay the payments, they pay insurance, and my dad is the one who doesn;t want me to put stuff on it, but he has a rebuilt rx-7 so its like he thinks ill do something to it bad, but he messed up the stock motor from playing with it too much and it blew up...my dad doesn't listen and hated the fact i got subs in the back, but my mom doesn't care, at least that much
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.