I have the option to purchase a Epson 7800 Pro 24" wide printer for $2200.
I also have the option to purchase a Epson 9800 Pro 48" wide printer for $4000

BOTH ARE AMAZING DEALS

I've never owned a nice printer, but I am a professional web designer/photographer, so I am regularly among people who would be willing to use my services as a printer if I purchased this printer -

Currently, this would be a big investment for me, I was considering buying a Epson 9800 for $4000 (private seller who is leaving the country) but decided that I probably would have a hard time finding a market for such large photos

I've considered just saying "screw it" and buying the 9800 with goals to ACTIVELY TRY To sell such large prints to counter the added cost - I'm thinking approach rich people's offices or tailor specifically to people who have the wall space and money for such products.

I haven't even bought my new D200 yet (still using the D70) and here I am looking at Expensive-as-hell printers . . . .I'm crazy right??

I know there are many other factors which i have researched such as "cost of ink" "cost of paper" - and must be used regularly -

I need to purchase this printer tomorrow as I have a large job (25 prints at size 18x24) ordered from a client today and would rather do this than go to KINKOS.

Talk to me here people - how hard would it be to sell 36x48 inch prints??

Anything i'm missing here?? I have a lot to learn about sharpening techniques as well as printing in general - never owned a high quality printer, but I am certainly the "ANAL, WAX MY CAR EVERY MONTH" type guy.

Thanks, and sorry for the ranting.

http://www.donwrightdesigns.com

CLIFFS
-----------------
1. Client wants about 30 LARGE PRINTS (18x24)
2. Would rather use that money and buy my OWN large format printer
3. Cant decide between epson 7800 (up to 24"s wide - $2200) or EPSON 9800 (up to 48" wide and $4000)
4. Need feedback/advice

SHOULD I EVEN BUY EITHER OF THEM?? HELP ME OUT HERE - I would be buying either of them on credit with plans to use them to pay for themselves??