Shooting in the raw?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Shooting in the raw? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what exactly is shooting in the raw? and how do you set your camera (general settings I assume) to shoot ...

Shooting in the raw?

what exactly is shooting in the raw? and how do you set your camera (general settings I assume) to shoot in the raw?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of camera do you have? I don't think all of them will shoot in RAW. I think its something only SLR's have? I'm not really an expert on this and I would like to here more about it as well. My understanding is that RAW is a different file format that allows for more/better editing?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

i have a cannon s3 is, its not an SLR, but not a point and shoot either I wasnt sure if my camera would do it or not, wasnt really sure what it is to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
    i have a cannon s3 is, its not an SLR, but not a point and shoot either I wasnt sure if my camera would do it or not, wasnt really sure what it is to begin with
    I have the S2 (the predecessor to the S3) and it does not shoot RAW. As far as I know the S2 and S3 are the same except the S3 is a higher mega pixel.

It's a great camera though, I love that thing, its one of the best things I've ever bought lol.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I have the S2 (the predecessor to the S3) and it does not shoot RAW. As far as I know the S2 and S3 are the same except the S3 is a higher mega pixel.

It's a great camera though, I love that thing, its one of the best things I've ever bought lol.
    yeah i love this thing, its the best camera i have ever owned. i had read about shooting in the raw and wanted to know what it was and if i could do it as well

raw format is basically "what the camera sees" with no post processing done by the camera(ie. jpeg conversion) and it allows a greater deal of flexibility in post processing. If I had to guess I would say the S3 doesn't shoot raw but i'm not sure.

RAW, you can blow the pictures up real big without the pic getting distorted. if you camera has the advanced settings such as AV, TV, Manual settings...you can use RAW settings, look under the setting "quality" of the picture. RAW isnt available under the basic settings

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.