Yahoo photos is going away this fall...

This is a discussion on Yahoo photos is going away this fall... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; and they will email you with a choice of things to do with your photos. Currently, the best option looks ...

I Support ClubWRX

Yahoo photos is going away this fall...

and they will email you with a choice of things to do with your photos. Currently, the best option looks like migrating all your stuff to flikr. In lew of this happening again I may just establish my own website and pay a host for 50 GB or something.

Where are some good alternative websites to host at?
    How much does running your own site cost?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think mine was like $40 or so for a year from godaddy.com. i use flickr sometimes though b\c i like the pictures on the map thing and then i use photobucket for hosting pics i wanna put in a forum or something.
    Last edited by big_sur; 05-22-2007 at 07:31 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the econo-account at godaddy. I only have like 5G of storage, but I don't really need that much, but I can upgrade pretty cheaply if I need more. I pay less than $10 a year.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Peachypumpkincheeks

I have tons of photos on Webshots and it's free.

www.webshots.com

I know they have premium accounts and stuff, but I don't have that many photos to present. I just have always liked their user-interface and how they sync to your desktop (so you can upload your photos right from you desktop into the program, it alerts you when your fave members have new photos, and it implements cool screensavers, etc.)

Photobucket.com for uploading pics to this forum or myspace. Imageshack.us for uploading pics to more generalized places because it has special links so people just can't follow the general link and view all your pics (hello photobucket).

Sadly, I didn't even know Yahoo had a photo place.

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post

Sadly, I didn't even know Yahoo had a photo place.

It was actually IMO the best for online databasing. The accounts were free, and had unlimited storage. Some nights I would upload a 100 pic album that was 300 megs in size. (I have 3 years of High Res "best of SEMA" pics on there) You could also go pick up your prints at target in 1 hour printed on photo paper for $.15 a 4x6.

Photobucket.com for uploading pics to this forum or myspace.
    Yeah I have a photobucket pro account, but have a massive archive of photos that is quickly getting out of control.

Yahoo photos was great because I am known as the photographer for any of my family and friends events, and they all had been "trained" to go there the day after an event and order or DL their favorite photos. I also have a link on my myspace account that directs them to my albums at yahoo where they can pull pics from and upload to Myspace.

I have the econo-account at godaddy. I only have like 5G of storage, but I don't really need that much, but I can upgrade pretty cheaply if I need more. I pay less than $10 a year.
    I'm thinkin about getting a web page and only uploading my (processed and cropped shots with borders) as more of an amature photography page/gallery. I own a domain name right now but there is no content on it yet, and I'm not sure I want to keep that addy.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE