New pic of my wrx....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New pic of my wrx.... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well new digicam+awesome sunset+WRX=cool pics Enjoy lemme know what you think....

I Support ClubWRX

New pic of my wrx....

Well new digicam+awesome sunset+WRX=cool pics

Enjoy lemme know what you think.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice camera + pics + car...the background it sexy... are you lowered yett ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    nice camera + pics + car...the background it sexy... are you lowered yett ?
    No I'm gonna be gettin some STi pinks from Tristan here in a month or two.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    No I'm gonna be gettin some STi pinks from Tristan here in a month or two.
    o ok cool... i think the car will look even more sexy when shes lowered
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    o ok cool... i think the car will look even more sexy when shes lowered
    I agree
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Third pic is my fav!!

Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

very nice
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

you need to white balance that junx. If you cant get the white balance accurate, use a piece of paper for custom, or shoot RAW and adjust it at home through the software sony supplied with your alpha.

Also, you want to use a tripod with the 2 second self timer so that you dont have any camera shake from pressing the button, and most 2 second timers also have mirror lockup so there is no vibration from the slap of the mirror.

The Alpha is a nice camera though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    Third pic is my fav!!

I like the third and last one too. Thinking about gettin the 3rd one blown up to like 20 x 30 and printed to hang in my house.

BTW Thats Sac International Airport in the background.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the third and last one too. Thinking about gettin the 3rd one blown up to like 20 x 30 and printed to hang in my house.

BTW Thats Sac International Airport in the background.
    That would be SWEET !!!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

oh, and to add to my above comment, that lens is sharpest at f/8-f/11, so anything you are blowing up to 20x30 will NEED to be shot using that or you wont get a sharp looking picture, just the nature of kit lenses.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex View Post
    oh, and to add to my above comment, that lens is sharpest at f/8-f/11, so anything you are blowing up to 20x30 will NEED to be shot using that or you wont get a sharp looking picture, just the nature of kit lenses.
    Humm you sure thats true with the Sony Alpha? It advertises this kit lens at a 18-70mm F3.5-F5.6 and pic 3 is at f5.6 if you read the exif data. Its also at 10.2MP and shot at ISO 100. I think it ought ot be fine. Any other residents have an opinion on weather or not it will look good at 20 x 30?

EDIT: Just checked on Yahoo photos and they recommend 20x30 for the full res shot. Hummmmm.....
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 05-21-2007 at 12:36 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I promise. If that is the lens that is bundled with the camera (meaning you didn't buy the camera body only and then buy that lens) for an extra 100 dollars or so, it is generally lower quality. You can blow any picture up to 20x30, but for the sharpest images on any lens, f/8 is the sweet spot (use aperture priority to get it).

And I do know what I'm talking about, I am very active on photography forums and own a Pentax K10D, also a 10mp camera. My kit lens produces decent pictures, but not as sharp at as my 50mm f/1.4 at any given aperture. In addition to the 50 prime I also have a Sigma 70-300 apo dg macro as a cheap telephoto that can double as a macro.

reset-up that picture, get proper white balance (your first posts probably were using auto white balance, correct? you'll want to set it on tungsten, and even that may not be enough to eliminate the red cast from those lights. If it doesn't, custom white balance off of a white object in the light), use a tripod with the 2 second timer, and shoot at f/8. You'll end up with a better looking picture (white balance makes a huge difference, the car just doesn't look right if its off) for enlargement. You already have a nice composition and great background.

Any questions feel free to ask, I dont have the Sony but most DSLR controls are pretty similar.

EDIT: the 3.5-5.6 means it is a variable aperture lens. the f/# tells the maximum aperture for the lens, and with yours the max changes as you zoom. This makes lenses cheap to build (because aperture is just a fraction the focal length for the f/#) and means that at 18mm your lens can go as wide as 3.5, but at 70mm it can only go as wide as 5.6. Compared to a lens such as the sigma 18-50mm 2.8, this lens can shoot at 2.8 no matter what the focal length, but as a result is a 400 dollar lens (for many other reasons as well). Hope that clears up some of the numbers. You can still shoot at probably about f/36 with that lens at 70mm, and probably like f/22 at 18mm.

Just saw your edit: yes you can enlarge it to 20x30, and it will look fine from a distance. What I'm trying to say is for the sharpest picture you can get from that lens, which ultimately will result in the sharpest enlargement, f/8 or f/11 is what you should shoot at.
    Last edited by xfloggingkylex; 05-21-2007 at 01:10 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Humph Thanx. I'll play around some more.
    I was working against the clock last night as I had about 5 min before my background was gone and was already fighting with a camera that wants too shoot all night shots at ISO 800 when set to auto. These pics look way better on my HD monitor at home. My work monitor is crappy.

Almost wish I would have thought to autobracket in raw. Might have been a good case for an HDR. Alas there will be plenty more sunsets and the scene is just down the street.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 05-21-2007 at 07:37 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Humph Thanx. I'll play around some more.
    I was working against the clock last night as I had about 5 min before my background was gone and was already fighting with a camera that wants too shoot all night shots at ISO 800 when set to auto. These pics look way better on my HD monitor at home. My work monitor is crappy.
    make the most of your powerful DSLR and never use auto. If you dont want to fumble through all the controls at least use P, that way you set the ISO and it stays there. P mode also makes for quick adjustments so depending on which command dial you move, the camera will adjust either aperture or shutter speed, while automatically compensating the other. For example: you set you ISO to 100 because you like crisp noise free pictures. You get ready to shoot and notice the camera is set to 3.5. You want f/8 so you scroll the thumb wheel until the aperture reads f/8 and the camera will automatically slow down the shutter to compensate.

The main thing that will clean the above pictures up though is white balance. Artifical lighting can ruin images if it isn't daylight balance (no street lights are daylight balanced). You can see how warm (read:redish) your pictures are, and whites dont look white, and heck blacks dont even look black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast