New pic of my wrx.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New pic of my wrx.... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If that is the lens that is bundled with the camera (meaning you didn't buy the camera body only and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    If that is the lens that is bundled with the camera (meaning you didn't buy the camera body only and then buy that lens) for an extra 100 dollars or so, it is generally lower quality.
    Actually the Sony lenses are made by Minolta and because of the nature of the Sony DSLR are considerably more usable than the Canon's or Nikons kit lens. Of course a 50mm f1.8 lens is gonna produce sharper images and is on my list to buy, along with the sigma 28mm-300mm f3.5.

I thought for sure I had both last night for $60, I found a guy selling 35mm Konica Minolta lenses identical to those above who didn't know what he had or at least I hoped so. But it turned out the were pre AF which means they were MFG before 1985 in the KM line. Oh well
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex View Post
    make the most of your powerful DSLR and never use auto. If you dont want to fumble through all the controls at least use P, that way you set the ISO and it stays there. P mode also makes for quick adjustments so depending on which command dial you move, the camera will adjust either aperture or shutter speed, while automatically compensating the other. For example: you set you ISO to 100 because you like crisp noise free pictures. You get ready to shoot and notice the camera is set to 3.5. You want f/8 so you scroll the thumb wheel until the aperture reads f/8 and the camera will automatically slow down the shutter to compensate.

The main thing that will clean the above pictures up though is white balance. Artifical lighting can ruin images if it isn't daylight balance (no street lights are daylight balanced). You can see how warm (read:redish) your pictures are, and whites dont look white, and heck blacks dont even look black.
    Yeah I shot those in P, and often use shutter priority. The AWB feature works extremely well on this camera as compared to my old one during the day time. I didn't even think to switch it to tungsten, but its easy enough. I just read another thread where coolbeans or somebody recommended Tungsten too.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Actually the Sony lenses are made by Minolta and because of the nature of the Sony DSLR are considerably more usable than the Canon's or Nikons kit lens. Of course a 50mm f1.8 lens is gonna produce sharper images and is on my list to buy, along with the sigma 28mm-300mm f3.5.

I thought for sure I had both last night for $60, I found a guy selling 35mm Konica Minolta lenses identical to those above who didn't know what he had or at least I hoped so. But it turned out the were pre AF which means they were MFG before 1985 in the KM line. Oh well
    yeah, sony was smart to continue using minoltas mount so that it didn't need to make all new lenses, and with KM being gone, their lenses sell for cheap used.

As for usability, generally kit lenses are all going to have flaws, usable but cause problems and are not the sharpest glass you can get. For 100 dollars it would be impossible to make a lens that goes as wide as 18mm and doesn't suffer from distortion and abberations.

Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is a nice lens. I have a 1.4 and absolutely love it.

As far as buying MF lenses, as long as they mount to your camera (Im not sure when they started using the A-mount) they will work fine, but the only MF lens I would buy would be a macro lens, since most macro is done with MF anyways.
    Last edited by xfloggingkylex; 05-21-2007 at 07:53 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well just got done playing with the one raw pic I took. From now on I am gonna shoot scenes like that in raw. Much easier to tweak even with the supplied program.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Well just got done playing with the one raw pic I took. From now on I am gonna shoot scenes like that in raw. Much easier to tweak even with the supplied program.

raw ftw

I Support ClubWRX
    drop that bish!!!!!!!!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12