Some Dragon pics from today - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

This is a discussion on Some Dragon pics from today within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT Sweet pics! That green car looks like an Aston Martin I think it might be some ...

  1. #16
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Sweet pics! That green car looks like an Aston Martin

    I think it might be some sort of Aston Replicar. Certian features are similar to the DB4 zagato but it looks awfully big to be an older Aston. Plus if it was real it would be worth quite a bit of money. The wheels don't really look period correct either. Of course I really don't know aston martin that well so who knows.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I think it might be some sort of Aston Replicar. Certian features are similar to the DB4 zagato but it looks awfully big to be an older Aston. Plus if it was real it would be worth quite a bit of money. The wheels don't really look period correct either. Of course I really don't know aston martin that well so who knows.
    here it is:

    http://www.classicsportscars.com/Ravana_Z.htm

    recreation of the DB4 zagato.

    the website was on the front of the car at the bottom and i just googled RAVANA (which is written on the back of the car).
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  4. #18
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Nice I so called that.

    It's not a very good replica of the real car but it doesn't look too bad in and of itself.

    A couple of the real thing.


    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  5. #19
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Nice I so called that.

    It's not a very good replica of the real car but it doesn't look too bad in and of itself.
    it was ok to see drive by and sounded decent, but up close you could tell it wasnt a real something or other. it looks like a kit car, even if you study the pictures hard. i just didnt know what it was a replica of until i got some feedback and finally googled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  6. #20
    Registered User TurbeauxREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Des Allemands, La.
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    nice pics Seth

    and Hello Curtis
    Hello to you, also, Andy (and everyone). I've been off-line for quite a while. Getting too much computer time at work for recreational use to be of any fun, lately. Very nice avatar, btw.

    Sorry about the mini-hi-jack, Seth. You may resume with your thread. Nice pics, too.

    Peace,

    Curtis

  7. #21
    Registered User big_sur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Goode, VA
    Posts
    46
    panning is all about shutter speed, not ISO, put it in Tv mode, set it to somewhere around 1\160th, and practice. this is all dependent on a number of factors including your lens,focal length,etc but 1\160th is a good place to start especially if you're standing right beside the road and not a good distance away(like at a track, try 1\80ish there).

    1\160th
    Last edited by big_sur; 05-23-2007 at 01:47 PM.

  8. #22
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,489
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    panning is all about shutter speed, not ISO, put it in Tv mode, set it to somewhere around 1\160th, and practice. this is all dependent on a number of factors including your lense,focal length,etc but 1\160th is a good place to start especially if you're standing right beside the road and not a good distance away(like at a track, try 1\80ish there).

    1\160th
    How well does the in camera "sport mode" work?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  9. #23
    Registered User big_sur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Goode, VA
    Posts
    46
    i would assume it probably just sets a high shutter speed and gives you frozen pictures but i would stay away from those modes as you're not controlling the shot and you won't learn anything. I usually stick with Av or Tv if something is happening and then i've been trying to stick to M for static shots. You can shift P either way but I would stick to Av and Tv at first and then gradually start shooting in M once you get things figured out.
    Last edited by big_sur; 05-23-2007 at 01:54 PM.

  10. #24
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,489
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    i would assume it probably just sets a high shutter speed and gives you frozen pictures but i would stay away from those modes as you're not controlling the shot and you won't learn anything. I usually stick with Av or Tv if something is happening and then i've been trying to stick to M for static shots. You can shift P either way but I would stick to Av and Tv at first and then gradually start shooting in M once you get things figured out.
    I'm learning more on manual and what I like about my camera, is in M mode when I pick a shutter speed, ISO, and aperature, depress the shutter button half way and it shows where I am in the range finder for exposure.

    It also shows where it recommends being, and when I have chosen values completely off the map that won't work. Its definatly helping me out. That and being able to correct newb mistakes in the raw editor.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  11. #25
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,489
    I Support ClubWRX
    BTW what is Tv mode referring too? Shutter priority?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  12. #26
    Registered User big_sur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Goode, VA
    Posts
    46
    ^yep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •