Ok guys which DSLR. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ok guys which DSLR. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXDriver82 With the XTi you should be able to make prints up to 24x36. I don't know ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82 View Post
    With the XTi you should be able to make prints up to 24x36.

I don't know jack about the Sony alpha. Other than its only been out a little more than a year. Does Sony make their own lens'?
    you can make 24x36 inch prints with any camera. it all depends on what your viewing distance is. most people dont view prints that big from close up so its not really a big deal. from 4 ft away the sharpness is going to look the same 2 mp is not very much. having lots a MP is only usefull if your a commercial photographer and you have an art director thats going to be croping into all your images.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    you can make 24x36 inch prints with any camera. it all depends on what your viewing distance is. most people dont view prints that big from close up so its not really a big deal. from 4 ft away the sharpness is going to look the same 2 mp is not very much. having lots a MP is only usefull if your a commercial photographer and you have an art director thats going to be croping into all your images.
    Thanks for the clarification!
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!
    OK ended up making the jump into DSLR land. I bought the Sony Alpha A100.

I bought it over the canon because of the built in Image stabilizer, the 10.2 CCD is similar to the d200, and the interchangeability with a more affordable lenses(all the old KM lenses work with it and are cheap on ebay) (no need for EFS which drives cost up).

IM gonna start snapping pics just as soon as it finishes charging.

I bought:

The Sony alpha a100 10.2MP kit w/ f3.5-5.6 18mm-70mm lens
    Sony alpha starter kit (bag and battery)
    2GB ultra II CF card.

I also bought the 4 year unconditional Best Buy replacement warranty.

The kit was $719.99
    starter kit was $120
    CF Card was $35
    warranty was $120

OTD for around $1000.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Great setup. The sony alpha is a great camera.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.